Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 16 Aug 20, 09:46 AM  
Link to this Post
gh015c4116
Excited about Disney

For anyone who didnt cancel i have just had a very good update from Disney customer Services and can honestly say this time they have outdone themselves and even bettered Universals handeling (after a long wait for a response)
gh015c4116 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 20, 10:39 AM  
Link to this Post
boo2
Imagineer

boo2's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Mobile

Originally Posted by gh015c4116 View Post
For anyone who didnt cancel i have just had a very good update from Disney customer Services and can honestly say this time they have outdone themselves and even bettered Universals handeling (after a long wait for a response)
I tried to request a refund via email but just got a generic reply telling me an additional month had been added.
Who has everyone contacted to get a refund or am I too late? Thanks
Old 16 Aug 20, 10:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Care to share?
Bellasmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 20, 11:01 AM  
Link to this Post
gh015c4116
Excited about Disney

PM sent
gh015c4116 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 20, 01:48 PM  
Link to this Post
bighal
Imagineer

Mobile

Any reason why you haven't expanded your comments or is it that you are not allowed to say which if the case maybe it would have been better not to even mentioning it. I'm sure I am not the only one wondering what's so secret..

Next Trip Feb '24
Jun98 Apr99 Dec99 Apr00 Mar03 Jun/Jul04 Dec/Jan05/06 Jul06 Dec06 Jun/Jul08 Jun/Jul09 Jul/Aug11 Sep13 Jun/Jul14 Nov15 Sep16 Villa/BWV May18 Villa/BLT/AKL Sept19 Villa/AKL Feb/Mar20 AKL/SSR Sep22 AKL Apr/May 23 CS/CC/AKL Nov 23 SSR Feb/Mar 24 RR/BR
bighal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 20, 07:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Woohoobb
Excited about Disney

Mobile

I’m glad you got a good outcome! I spent many hours emailing and speaking to them and got nowhere! As I was shielding it was very unlikely even if flights were going I would have been able to travel (with insurance) so had to cancel. Absolutely gutted!
Woohoobb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 20, 11:38 PM  
Link to this Post
gh015c4116
Excited about Disney

woohoobb-
If you have not already taken a refund have you tried ticketing or annual pass services (or what ever ther called ).
Try sending an email one last time , maybe since most people have already taken the refund they might be a bit more lenient,
Old 17 Aug 20, 09:25 AM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

Originally Posted by boo2 View Post
I tried to request a refund via email but just got a generic reply telling me an additional month had been added.
Who has everyone contacted to get a refund or am I too late? Thanks
The official date to request was by cop 11th August so you might be too late. I would still try emailing and just see what they say as the other poster is suggesting they've done something for them above and beyond the refund option. That said even after cancelling my pass is still showing as valid so don't think they have processed any yet.

As said I think if you are going to claim they've done something then it is just common sense to say what as it seems odd not to but I'm guessing they've extended the pass beyond the date that the automatic extension had gone through to (117 days + 1 month). I wish they had been consistent as I had asked multiple times that they just freeze the past until I can come back next year but they said they couldn't. I was sad to cancel but I also wasn't willing to keep arguing the point with them when they were being so inconsistent with how they dealt with things especially as I had read multiple claims of being able to do other things like "pause" the pass and then when I've asked for this they have said its not possible and I'm lying. I personally think Disney has handled this OK but the inconsistencies have been a bit of a nightmare to be honest.
Old 17 Aug 20, 10:55 AM  
Link to this Post
gh015c4116
Excited about Disney

Ok

As its now showing on my MDE and no ones asked me not to post - I had been telling people who asked.

Disney extended our passes by an additional 1 year.
On top of the rest of the time already added .
So our passes were supposed to end Early April 2020

I originally called and spoke to the annual pass people and thenthey put me through to ticketing who said they would add an additional month when i could go back as we were international guests.

Then they extended the passes to Nov 24th 2020 so i emailed and asked for the extension they said i could have to be booked for March so that i could book some park days.

Email back said they cant pause passes - BUt would Extend for a additional year- to Nov 24 2021.

This is now showing on all our passes and i also have an offer of booking our fast passes and park reservations for us if we stay on site or off due to the confusion.
Old 17 Aug 20, 01:40 PM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

Ok

As its now showing on my MDE and no ones asked me not to post - I had been telling people who asked.

Disney extended our passes by an additional 1 year.
On top of the rest of the time already added .
So our passes were supposed to end Early April 2020

I originally called and spoke to the annual pass people and thenthey put me through to ticketing who said they would add an additional month when i could go back as we were international guests.

Then they extended the passes to Nov 24th 2020 so i emailed and asked for the extension they said i could have to be booked for March so that i could book some park days.

Email back said they cant pause passes - BUt would Extend for a additional year- to Nov 24 2021.

This is now showing on all our passes and i also have an offer of booking our fast passes and park reservations for us if we stay on site or off due to the confusion.
That's really good congrats!

So it appears I phoned the same people and they wouldn't do it! This is why its so frustrating! I would have been happy to have it extended through to next September (which would be a year from the date it was due to expire) so not even having the extended period added. Why they couldn't offer this as an option to everyone I don't know as clearly it was possible its just the CM I spoke to and the CM I emailed claimed it wasn't! I may email one more time just in case even though my pass is meant to have been cancelled (its still showing on MDE). Really lucky on yours as you were only really prevented from going for 1 month of the pass.

Edited at 01:49 PM.
gismo1554 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List