Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Old 26 Feb 17, 09:15 PM  
Link to this Post
*cath*
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 5
Mobile Our travelling day Kissimmee to Rotonda

So we are spending 4 days in Orlando for our daughters wedding in May and the travelling down to Rotonda West for a couple of weeks. On the day we travel down we going to have a few hrs to kill as can't get into the villa til 4.
Hubby is VERY security conscious and won't leave the car with our belongings in it.
Any ideas what we can do along the route where we can be near the car?
Thanks in advance

2023 - Orlando/Gulf Coast
2024 - Menorca & Malta
2025 - Norwegian Fjords and Boston/NY
*cath* is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 17, 10:08 PM  
Link to this Post
scottish mama
VIP Dibber

We've stayed in Rotonda for the last 5years and we usually stop in at Ellenton shopping outlet on our way down from either Orlando or Tampa. I get what you're saying about dh, but we've never had any problems leaving the car full, although we do take our electronics and valuable with us, usually in a rucksack which dh carries.
Otherwise, we just stop and get something to eat to break the journey, and try and park near the restaurant and sit where we can see the car. We stopped at Danny's Diner in Tampa one year, which was featured in Diners, Dives and Drive-thru's. We also drove down via Arcadia one year.
I know your dh may not go for any of these options, but we've never had any trouble. Another idea would be to just to leave Orlando later as you often don't need to check out till about 11 and by the time you've stopped on the way for a coffee it's time to get in to your villa.
Have a great time whatever you end up doing.
scottish mama is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 17, 07:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Tracy34
Imagineer

Can you ask the villa owners for an early entry ...Say 14.00.
We have done this before...
Providing nobody else was in the villa that morning and the cleaners have been in...
I can't see it being an issue.
Lindfields 2005, Hillcrest 2008, Sunset Ridge 2009, Windwood Bay 2011, Terrace Ridge 2013, Dallas Texas 2013, Bridgewater Crossing 2014, Terrace Ridge and Siesta Key June 2015, Siesta Key Nov 2015, Terrace Ridge June 2016, Sarasota Oct 2016, Sarasota and Siesta Key July 2017, Sarasota Oct 2017, Siesta Key June 2018, Siesta Key...Key West..Orlando Nov 2018, Siesta Key..Key West...Sarasota June 2019, Sarasota Oct 2019, Sarasota March 2020,
Tracy34 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 17, 09:14 AM  
Link to this Post
*cath*
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
No the villa is occupied til the morning we arrive so needs to be cleaned.

Thanks Scottish Mama but he's not having any of it. He's so OCD when it comes to leaving stuff in the car it's not even funny! Maybe we can find a beach onroute we can park next too and maybe have a picnic and some swimming?

2024 - Menorca & Malta
*cath* is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 17, 02:08 PM  
Link to this Post
sotagals
Imagineer

I'd be leaving him in the car at Ellenton while I went in the shops !

You could drive straight down and go to Englewood public beach.

Once you have parked up there are benches on the boardwalk. He could sit there and watch the car while you go on the beach until it's time to go to the villa.
sotagals is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 17, 02:27 PM  
Link to this Post
*cath*
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
I said that to him last night. I said we're going to the shops then and i'll leave you a book to read in the car! lol

2024 - Menorca & Malta
Old 27 Feb 17, 02:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Hank
Apprentice Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Good idea by Sotogals if that does not appeal you could always drive to Venice Beach and by that I mean the Jetties. I take it you would leave Orlando about 10am it would take approx. 2 hours and along the way call at Publix or Walmart and pick up something for lunch and head for the Jetties which are great to park up and sit at nearby benches and overlook the sea and beaches and keep your eye on the car. It will give you a taste of the Gulf Coast at its best

About 230 pm continue down Englewood and head for one of the Supermarkets, he stays in the car while you get some supplies to start you off at the villa, with a bit of luck the villa will be ready about 330 /345pm.

Hope that helps, I can understand your Husband.

Hank
Hank is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 17, 04:57 PM  
Link to this Post
*cath*
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Thanks for the great advice Hank!

2024 - Menorca & Malta
Old 27 Feb 17, 08:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Hank
Apprentice Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
You are welcome, have a great time.

Hank
Hank is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 17, 08:29 PM  
Link to this Post
floridasgirl
Imagineer

I would be leaving him in the car and going to the outlets as well!
Christmas/New Year 1999/2000 Indian Ridge Villa, May 2001 Fort Lauderdale /I Drive/Port Charlotte/Key West/Miami, May 2005 Westhaven Villa, April 2006 Rotunda Villa/Highlands Reserve Villa, June 2007 Sanibel Villa/Grand Cypress Villas, Christmas/New Year 2010/2011 Lake Wilson Preserve Villa, July/Aug 2012 reunion resort villa, Nov 2012 new York new York!
floridasgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List