Notices
Food, Wine, Cooking & Eating Discussion on all things food related. Sharing recipes and giving tips and tricks to great food.

Old 18 Jun 18, 03:47 PM  
Link to this Post
caj
VIP Dibber

caj's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Best biscuit recipes ?

I am part way through baking for my sons fundraising coffee morning. (He's doing world challenge and has to raise £5k)

He's making cakes and I said I'd make some biscuits. But im lacking inspiration ...

which are your best recipes? The more fail safe the better, please!
caj is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 18, 03:52 PM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Hi caj - a friend recently baked THESE biscuits and said they were lovely. There are a couple of 'add' options within the write up that may interest you too.

How about some Ginger biscuits
Old 18 Jun 18, 04:03 PM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

Are "cookies" ok - I prefer them to biscuits..

There is a decent "Millie's cookie" recipe bbcgoodfood/recipes/...cookies-recipe

this one came out a little gooey-er if that is what you prefer..bakingmad/recipe/min...e-chip-cookies

Both are yummy!
WhereIBelong is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 18, 04:04 PM  
Link to this Post
caj
VIP Dibber

caj's Reviews
OOh yes, the ginger ones look great!

I forgot to say above, i've got to steer clear of nuts, but good idea!
caj is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 18, 04:05 PM  
Link to this Post
sam7
Imagineer

If it helps I have a receipe for healthy muffins. 240g / 8oz of flour, ideally wholemeal but I use normal white. 2 egg whites, 1tsp baking powder, pinch salt, 1 tsp cinnamon, 170ml skimmed milk, 4 tbs vegetable oil, 4 tbs honey, 110g / 4oz chopped apple. Mix dry ingredients, in sep bowl mix veg oil, milk, honey, apple, add egg white (lightly beaten), fold into dry ingredients. put into muffin cases - bake 190C for 20 mins.
DD is on a diet and loves these are no sugar and virtually no fat
sam7 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 18, 04:06 PM  
Link to this Post
caj
VIP Dibber

caj's Reviews
Originally Posted by WhereIBelong View Post

There is a decent "Millie's cookie" recipe bbcgoodfood/recipes/...cookies-recipe

this one came out a little gooey-er if that is what you prefer..bakingmad/recipe/min...e-chip-cookies

Both are yummy!
Will the millies ones last? if i'm baking them tomorrow, will they be ok on Thursday? I'm saving Wednesday for Victoria sponges!
Old 18 Jun 18, 04:07 PM  
Link to this Post
caj
VIP Dibber

caj's Reviews
Originally Posted by sam7 View Post
If it helps I have a receipe for healthy muffins. 240g / 8oz of flour, ideally wholemeal but I use normal white. 2 egg whites, 1tsp baking powder, pinch salt, 1 tsp cinnamon, 170ml skimmed milk, 4 tbs vegetable oil, 4 tbs honey, 110g / 4oz chopped apple. Mix dry ingredients, in sep bowl mix veg oil, milk, honey, apple, add egg white (lightly beaten), fold into dry ingredients. put into muffin cases - bake 190C for 20 mins.
DD is on a diet and loves these are no sugar and virtually no fat
sounding very tempting ... I might make these for me, as i'm also on a diet!
Old 18 Jun 18, 04:27 PM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

Originally Posted by caj View Post
Will the millies ones last? if i'm baking them tomorrow, will they be ok on Thursday? I'm saving Wednesday for Victoria sponges!
They will if you keep them in an airtight container.
WhereIBelong is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 18, 04:35 PM  
Link to this Post
keeley78
Imagineer

keeley78's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 18
My favourite biscuit recipe is Nigellas custard cream hearts, the recipe comes up if you google it, they don’t have to be made into hearts though, they are pretty easy & taste gorgeous

Rosen inn @ pointe May 2010, Rosen inn @ pointe & got married May 2011, Clarion inn LBV May 2012, Rosen international, RPR & Hilton Clearwater July/aug 2013
New York July 2016
Rosen @ pointe, Cabana Bay & All star sports Oct/ Nov 2018, New York July 2023
keeley78 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 18, 04:38 PM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by WhereIBelong View Post

Both are yummy!
I'm old fashioned WIB, I'd call those biscuits too, yummy biscuits at that With the word cookie I tend to think of American biscuits, which is misleading as a biscuit to Americans is similar to a UK scone.