Notices
Food, Wine, Cooking & Eating Discussion on all things food related. Sharing recipes and giving tips and tricks to great food.

Old 28 May 19, 05:37 AM  
Link to this Post
BucksBugsy
All round good bloke

Alchemist bars - anyone been to one?

I've offered to take my daughter to the one in Oxfird as part of her birthday treat and was just curious as to whether any of you dibbers had been to any of these dotted throughout the UK and if so what were your thoughts ?

Thanks

BB
Old 28 May 19, 06:17 AM  
Link to this Post
swiper
VIP Dibber

Been to the one in Manchester. Food was ok and cocktails ok, thought the slug & lettuce was better for cocktails!
Just thought Alchemist was a bit over priced for what you get!
But that’s just my opinion.
swiper is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 19, 07:01 AM  
Link to this Post
mskitty
Imagineer

Mobile

I've been to the one in Leeds a few times. The cocktails are nice and some are very cleverly done. My only gripe with the place is because everyone is ordering cocktails bar service is slow.
mskitty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 19, 07:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Mrs_Potts
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

I live in Oxford and have been to the Alchemist - the drinks are amazing but very expensive and it can get very busy in there!
2005 - Pop Century
2006 - Pop Century
2007 - Pop Century
Mrs_Potts is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 19, 07:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Toria
Getting Excited

We have one in Cardiff, hard to get into but the drinks are fab but expensive - We did a lunch not long ago and the food was lovely
Toria is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 19, 07:43 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Mobile

Been to Leeds and Manchester one. In the same chain are Botanist (which in Leeds in particular I quite like) and various others like Oasthouse
Old 28 May 19, 05:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I’ve been to a few and the cocktails are really good. Food is nice too but the cocktails are the big draw
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 19, 05:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Mobile

We are booked into alchemist in Leeds for my daughters birthday too, I haven't been, she has and enjoys it, it's her day so happy to go along with it, I've seen countless insta videos so kinda know what to expect, after asking about eating out nearby too on here over weekend we are going to eat there too, gets good reviews and recommendations.
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 19, 05:28 PM  
Link to this Post
nadya
Imagineer

Been to the Newcastle one a few times and enjoyed it,food was really good although fairly small menu and the cocktails were great
nadya is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 19, 05:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Kellea
VIP Dibber

Live in Liverpool so have bee to the one there. Its fab. I love the way the cocktails are put together. It can get rather busy though x

1993, 2008, 2011 OKW villas 17 nights ( thanks to Irene , 2013 3 nights Renaissance Seaworld, 3 nights HRH Club, 16 nights OKW and DxDDP, 2014 5 nights HRH Club, 16 nights OKW. 2015 15 nights Sheraton Vistana Villages. 2016 3 nights Sheraton New York Times Square, 3 nights HRH club level, 16 night AKL SV, 2 nights BLT. 2017 5 nights OKW, 5 nights BWV, 7 nights BLT, 4 nights HRH club. 2019 3 nights Renaissance (SW), 4 nights HRH CL, 7 nights BLT LV, 7 nights AKL SV

KELLEA
Kellea is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List