Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 16 Nov 19, 01:16 AM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
Originally Posted by mossyflossy View Post
Another great day, smiling along at your giggles on the boat.

Completely echo your views on Flights of Passage and Pandora.

Since we havent had the dining plan in years, we always use Landry's Card at Yak & Yeti and now order the noodles and the tuna nachos which are stunning with a nice $25 off. Keeps the $$$ spend down.

And you can't beat the aircon and food at Satuli either.

Looking forward to tomorrow already.

Thank you
Landrys Card is such a good addition when paying OOP , those noodles and tuna nachos sound delicious.

Hope you continue to enjoy the journey with us

Going out in a Blaze of Glory- Our Summer of Sorcery 2019 - COMPLETE! 4 Weeks, from The Yacht Club for 10 nights onto much more Florida fun too

All of our previous Trip reports and escapades can be read here.
walt4it is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 19, 01:20 AM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by hross42877 View Post
What a great day!
Thanks for reading

Originally Posted by Taffy1959 View Post
Great day despite the rain and such a funny moment with the captain preening himself thinking he was having his photo taken.
Still makes me giggle even now

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
A couple of EMH rides before the rain came. I love the boat photo, the poor captain didn't get in on any of that action did he? So funny. Great time in the pool before nipping over to AK for a fun evening of rides. Seems like the rain didn't spoil your day at all.
So easy to let rain dictate the things you do on holiday, just as they do at home -this is Florida, yes it is wet and more torrential but at least it is warm!
That boat moment will live forever in family folklore

Going out in a Blaze of Glory- Our Summer of Sorcery 2019 - COMPLETE! 4 Weeks, from The Yacht Club for 10 nights onto much more Florida fun too

walt4it is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 19, 01:27 AM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Disneycraft View Post
Love the captain non photo 😂 .shame about the rain but you certainly made the most of it .looking forward to tomorrow.( I mean your next day ,not actually tomorrow - i’m At the dentist )
Hope your dentist trip was pain free - just like our next day

Originally Posted by mick View Post
Great day despite the rain I can picture you giggling at the captains preening

Joan
Thanks Joan - it really does make me giggle each time I re-read this and I have to say, Joe really does kind of know what he is doing, comedic timing always and loves to practice on his big brother

Originally Posted by eleele View Post
Oh I’d have loved to have seen a captain photo, I can just imagine the posing that went on!

Love the optimism and positivity in the face of the rain attitude today. Looks like you had a great day!
I really wish I had that photo but it is etched in my mind so much, it was one of those tuck your shirt in and straighten your tie moments
-he does not wear a tie - but still ensured his shirt was right and he stood tall and …

As for the rain - somehow, Florida rain is different, you just work around it to ensure it does not spoil your day.

Thanks for reading and leaving a comment - much appreciated

Old 27 Jan 20, 02:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkermom
Apprentice Imagineer

Loving your report, I’ve no idea how I’ve missed it up till now.
Old 30 Jan 20, 12:31 AM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Tinkermom View Post
Loving your report, I’ve no idea how I’ve missed it up till now.
Glad you found us - there is so many days on this trip you are just a the start! 4 weeks of Florida Fun lie ahead - might take me longer than that to type it all up though

Thanks for leaving a message - it does help me write more quickly and get to the end

Old 1 Mar 20, 10:30 PM  
Link to this Post
KittyBlackDog
Imagineer

poor captain glad he didn’t ask to see the photo Joe took

Saatuli is our favourite use of a qs credit, such good value. I’ve been trying to recreate it ever since - I’ve been close but not a proper match.

You have shown that you can still have a brilliant time even when it is wet throughout the day. I think this is where planning/research and flexibility really comes in to its own.

Sivako
KittyBlackDog is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Mar 20, 12:17 AM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by KittyBlackDog View Post
poor captain glad he didn’t ask to see the photo Joe took

Saatuli is our favourite use of a qs credit, such good value. I’ve been trying to recreate it ever since - I’ve been close but not a proper match.

You have shown that you can still have a brilliant time even when it is wet throughout the day. I think this is where planning/research and flexibility really comes in to its own.

Sivako
I'm glad he wasn't aware of Joe's photo skills He really is developing an eye for a photo and more will be shared from him on this trip.
Saatuli is great and I did mention it on the podcast too - once you understand the menu and see what you really can enjoy here - it becomes a rather splendid place to eat (and to refill your drink cup too )

I never see the planning / research bit as impacting on our days - they seem to happen and we make decisions on the spur of the moment based on what we all need. The flexibility is possibly where experience tells you the rain is her to stay or will soon pass.
Will come in handy in the rest of this trip

Sivako indeed xx

Old 22 May 20, 12:00 PM  
Link to this Post
scottishnellie
VIP Dibber

scottishnellie's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Line of the day - ‘with the rain still persistenting it down’ 😂 and oh that poor boat captain!

I did laugh at you all having the same dish, but you’re right - when something is good it’s good eh?

Helen xx

Here's a link to all my previous trip reports since 2015
trip report list by year
scottishnellie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 20, 09:47 PM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by scottishnellie View Post
Line of the day - ‘with the rain still persistenting it down’ 😂 and oh that poor boat captain!

I did laugh at you all having the same dish, but you’re right - when something is good it’s good eh?
Glad you got the little subtle bits of the writing
And the boat captain- still makes me goggle too!

It is really strange as I even mentioned to everyone tonight about Yak And Yeti and the instant reply was Chicken Tikka Masala It really is that good

Old 24 May 20, 08:52 AM  
Link to this Post
jothp
Apprentice Imagineer

Another brilliant action packed day. EMH until park close in a different park is quite an achievement. I had a good laugh about the poor Captain on your boat. We love FOP too and AK in general.
jothp is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List