Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Today’s news item on Airbnb

bbc/news/technology-50315546

I think this is Good news. And overdue.

And prompted me to get back on to Airbnb

Who have now offered an additional refund

I continue to ask them to review the video and take action on the listing. My financial position in relation to my own booking is pretty much sorted so whilst I am ok, I have encouraged them repeatedly to do something so another traveller doesn’t have the same experience.

And thank you to fellow dibber ely3857 for sending me the link x
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Nov 19, 08:24 AM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

The small print

Just to add
If anyone does find themselves in this position

Know the Airbnb refund policy before you go ... especially their definitions of a Travel Issue .

And no, I hadn’t read it before I booked. Only their cancellation policy

airbnb/terms/guest_refund_policy

Contact the host immediately if there is an issue and do it through Airbnb messages as then Airbnb can read them. Don’t do it via text or email.

Contact Airbnb ASAP, give the host time to reply but a complaint needs to be lodged with Airbnb within 24 hours

Definitely take photos !

They kept telling me as I stayed a night, I had to pay that night according to their policy.

In the first paragraph of that policy there is an embedded link to Air Bnbs Terms of Service

Section 9.6 of those Terms of Service states they have discretion over issuing refunds, up to the full amount. And I couldn’t see anything about staying through circumstances making a full refund impossible.*

I quoted this back to them along with a list of how I had fully complied with their policy requirements, the whole storm /travel circumstance preventing my early departure and that I could not see how I was still getting a charge at all when they do have discretion in these situations.

I hope this helps but actually I hope no one ever experiences this

*and I’m not a legal adviser. This is just what I did which may be helpful. This is my disclaimer !

Edited at 08:31 AM.
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Nov 19, 11:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Lynda__Loo
Proud to wear my Ears

Wow I cannot believe that somone would put a property in such a state up for rent, villa owner clearly has no concience! You were so right to put in the counter review and post that video... lets hope the listing is removed and no one else gets tricked into booking here!

I am so glad this didnt ruin your holiday
Lynda__Loo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Nov 19, 12:34 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Originally Posted by Lynda__Loo View Post
Wow I cannot believe that somone would put a property in such a state up for rent, villa owner clearly has no concience! You were so right to put in the counter review and post that video... lets hope the listing is removed and no one else gets tricked into booking here!

I am so glad this didnt ruin your holiday
Thank you - I know, its dreadful isn't it.
Thankfully we did get an amazing last minute booking and the end of the holiday was still really good. We were very lucky in the way it all turned out - quite bizarre ! Thank you for the kind comments