Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 16 Nov 19, 11:04 AM  
Link to this Post
wifey
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by JanetteP View Post
We often stay either with the family or just the two of us - and always a Dibb villa. We love the space, the privacy, and knowing where we are going. We do a split stay sometimes as well, with 5 nights at WDW or 1 night at one of the universal hotels (or the Grand Plaza if we fancy a change. I couldn't stay 14 nights in 1 room though - but each to their own.
If you don’t drive how do you get around?
1998 Comfort Inn LBV, 2000 AS Music, 2002 Spring Hill Suites LLB, 2004 AS Movies, 2005 Comfort Inn LBV& Sequoia Lodge DLRP, 2007 AS Movies. September 2009 Port Orleans French Quarter, Yacht Club August 2013 "Club Level" WL August 2015, CBR Celebrating 26 Years Together October 2017.
wifey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 19, 11:16 AM  
Link to this Post
alexisemma31
Imagineer

Villa life is just the best. We have been staying in villas just the two of us, since the children grew up! We could never stop in a hotel now.

Several steps from your bedroom to the pool, privacy, tv, laundry - it's our heaven. Just a slice of American life for a couple of weeks.
Old 16 Nov 19, 11:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Lisbon
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by wifey View Post
If you don’t drive how do you get around?
We had had two lots of guests now who use Uber
Rob
Lisbon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 19, 11:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Majik
slightly serious Dibber

We too have many couples who stay at our villa. There are so many positives to having your very own home from home for the length of your stay.

Beautiful views from our 3 bedroom villa at
Hunters Creek
www.villas4orlandoflorida.com

http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/villa-search.php?a=405
Majik is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 19, 12:12 PM  
Link to this Post
wifey
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Lisbon View Post
We had had two lots of guests now who use Uber
Rob
Might have to keep this in mind for any future vacations😉 No idea where we would want to stay though since hubby loves Universal Orlando and I like the parks there and Disney too.. wouldn’t mind easier access to the beach too. Definitely a possible option though.
1998 Comfort Inn LBV, 2000 AS Music, 2002 Spring Hill Suites LLB, 2004 AS Movies, 2005 Comfort Inn LBV& Sequoia Lodge DLRP, 2007 AS Movies. September 2009 Port Orleans French Quarter, Yacht Club August 2013 "Club Level" WL August 2015, CBR Celebrating 26 Years Together October 2017.
wifey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 19, 12:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
We did a last minute trip last February half-term and used a Dibb house-with-pool. I can't recall how many bedrooms it had - 4 or 5, I think - and there were just three of us (2 adults and a 9-y-o) so plenty of space and lots of rooms we didn't set foot in.

We then stayed here - airbnb/rooms/23709009 - in August. This time 2 adults and 2 kids so two bedrooms we didn't make use of.

I'm toying with another half-term trip for this upcoming February and this house has caught my eye - airbnb/rooms/29594941. it has six bedrooms and we'd only use two of them.

At no point have we felt like we were rattling around. It strikes me that if you want decent-sized living space and a good pool you'll probably need a fair-sized house. More compact townhouses seem to generally only come with small plunge pools, whilst apartments will have use of a community pool.

Part One
Part Two

Edited at 12:19 PM.
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 19, 12:16 PM  
Link to this Post
princess piglet
Earning More Ears

we have done a villa with just the 2 of us several times. its great
princess piglet is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 19, 04:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Kev Harrison
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Northerndave View Post
Definitely not too big, I've even rented solo a few times. Once you try a villa you'll never want a hotel room again.

Laundry facilities, on-suite facilities, comfy sofas, parking outside the door and best of all...

Get up when you want, go out to your private pool, take a sun-lounger, any sun-lounger and place it where you want it to be. Or float around in peace and harmony with the place all to yourself.

Want a drink? Pop back to the Kitchen, grab a cold one from the fridge, make a sandwich, when done pop the dishes in the dishwasher. Get a Pizza delivered ...

You might have guessed, I'm a mah-hoosive fan of the villa life
I struggle with the idea, on holiday I am not sure I want to be in a house and lets face it they are not really pools are they!
Kev Harrison is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 19, 04:55 PM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Kev Harrison View Post
I struggle with the idea, on holiday I am not sure I want to be in a house and lets face it they are not really pools are they!
Not really pools? I can understand preferring large hotel pools but many prefer having their own private one just outside the back door.
Old 16 Nov 19, 05:55 PM  
Link to this Post
suehen
Imagineer

Want to thank everyone for all the replies, been doing some research and think we have picked area, around the Windsor Hills area there does look to be a few around this area at least now we have narrowed down a rough area. It looks like on google earth there plenty of places to eat and not that far from Disney. Got more research to do now.
suehen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List