Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 8 Feb 20, 11:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Ld1978
Being a bit Goofy

Mobile Starting to worry I won’t get extra nights

You may of seen my other posts but when we booked flights we changed to 10th to 27th sept (our Disney booking is 9th to 24th)

I keep checking Disney for availability and there is literally nothing. Just called and they seem to think it’s unlikely as the time gets closer.

I don’t fancy a split stay as means we lose our Dining plan. Really don’t fancy a value resort either
Old 8 Feb 20, 12:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Ld1978
Being a bit Goofy

Mobile

Yes did think about that but with kids being 3 and 6 I didn’t want to take car seats and thought universal may be too big for them at the moment.
Old 8 Feb 20, 12:08 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

If you don’t fancy going elsewhere, then I would go to a value resort. Our first stay at Disney was at AoA and we loved the theming there. The areas are fantastic to walk around and the pool is possibly the best onsite. I think it would really appeal to a 3 and 6 year old.
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Feb 20, 12:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Ld1978
Being a bit Goofy

Mobile

I really don’t fancy a value resort. I did look at aoa but lots of reviews on how the mermaid rooms are getting old and tired

Why is sept unavailable yet August has lots (which I assumed would be a busier time)
Old 8 Feb 20, 12:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Ld1978
Being a bit Goofy

Mobile

Also the big blue pool is being refurbished on our stay dates
Old 8 Feb 20, 12:20 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

To be fair, we were there in 2016 and they were a little old looking, they were very clean with comfortable beds though.

Definitely wouldn’t stay there while the pool is being refurbished either. May be worth looking at the other values reviews though as they all have great theming especially with young children

Edited at 12:21 PM.
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Feb 20, 12:24 PM  
Link to this Post
mermaidhair
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Is it only POFQ availability you're checking? Couldn't you move your booking to another moderate for the entire stay and keep your free dining? POFQ is lovely but we are trying CSR this time and I'm actually regretting not choosing CBR a bit as the Skyliner seems such a time saver.
mermaidhair is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Feb 20, 12:24 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Ld1978 View Post
You may of seen my other posts but when we booked flights we changed to 10th to 27th sept (our Disney booking is 9th to 24th)

I keep checking Disney for availability and there is literally nothing. Just called and they seem to think it’s unlikely as the time gets closer.

I don’t fancy a split stay as means we lose our Dining plan. Really don’t fancy a value resort either
I would do a split stay and relish being able to try out a new resort. You wont lose your dining plan, you just won't have it the last couple of days. You would be able to use credits the first night in the second resort and you could stock pile some snacks if you wanted to.

Edited to add: Or as above, switch resorts, Coronado Springs is available for your dates. You will keep your dining plan as it is an amendment not a new booking.

Edited at 12:31 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Feb 20, 12:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Ld1978
Being a bit Goofy

Mobile

No moderates at all available to change to we have 13 nights as we are travelling a day later.

The split could be an option. So I guess day 14 on check out we have credits so 3 days of paying for meals.

What’s the chances of availability changing?
Old 8 Feb 20, 12:34 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Ld1978 View Post
No moderates at all available to change to we have 13 nights as we are travelling a day later.

The split could be an option. So I guess day 14 on check out we have credits so 3 days of paying for meals.

What’s the chances of availability changing?
Your post crossed with my edit, so in case you missed it, I have checked the Disney site and Coronado Springs is available for the full length of your new stay.

I think I remember your earlier thread, were you going through a third party TA?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List