Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 17 Feb 20, 08:32 PM  
Link to this Post
chelynnah
VIP Dibber

chelynnah's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4
Originally Posted by Meb View Post
Using VPN (downloaded free app from Apple store have to watch 3 ads to get 10 mins access... etc. etc.) and customize section works. Finally got into my choices and the one my daughter wanted is currently sold out! At least we have time to wait and I now can keep checking to see when they renew/update choices.
Which one did you use. I tried two, one needed payment to change location. The other I watched ads for access but all it seemed to do was ‘improve my connection’, I couldn’t find where to change location without paying so I just gave up after that.

Edit: never mind, I just re-downloaded the one I used that needed you to watch ads. It was just called Free VPN. I found the place to change location. That’ll be perfect.

And like you I was able to view the edit magicband page. That says to me it is definitely an issue with the page not recognising the UK web address. I can’t believe they haven’t fixed this yet.

Has anyone officially reported this to them as a location specific error? And if so what did they say? If not I may ring them later in the week to let them know. It’s not a current issue for me personally by how many people is this affecting who need to be making their choices now and will end up stuck with bands they don’t like.
WDW several trips as a child; WDW 1993 on working vacation; DLP Sept 2003 - Newport Bay Hotel; WDW January 2007 - offsite HGVC Tuscany Suites; DLP Sept 2008 - DLH; WDW/US/BG January 2013 - offsite HGVC Tuscany Suites; WDW/US and MVMCP Nov 2015 - offsite townhouse; DLP Sept 2016 - Hotel B&B; WDW Feb 2017 - POFQ; DLP June 2017 - SL GF; DLP Sept 2017 - NPB CC; DLP Nov 2018 - SL; WDW Feb 2019 - WDW Princess Half POFQ; DLP Sept 2019 - SL & DLH;

Edited at 08:47 PM.
chelynnah is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 20, 09:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Meb
Chilling at Carribean Beach

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by chelynnah View Post
Which one did you use. I tried two, one needed payment to change location. The other I watched ads for access but all it seemed to do was ‘improve my connection’, I couldn’t find where to change location without paying so I just gave up after that.

Edit: never mind, I just re-downloaded the one I used that needed you to watch ads. It was just called Free VPN. I found the place to change location. That’ll be perfect.

And like you I was able to view the edit magicband page. That says to me it is definitely an issue with the page not recognising the UK web address. I can’t believe they haven’t fixed this yet.

Has anyone officially reported this to them as a location specific error? And if so what did they say? If not I may ring them later in the week to let them know. It’s not a current issue for me personally by how many people is this affecting who need to be making their choices now and will end up stuck with bands they don’t like.
Yep that’s the one I used too. Glad you were able to sort it. I emailed WDW yesterday about it, not sure if they’ll do anything tho, I’ve seen lots of people have called them and the CM’s didn’t seem to know about it or what to do either!
2022 - Hopefully
Meb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 20, 09:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Carnard
Gone all Goofy

Mobile

Originally Posted by chelynnah View Post

Edit: never mind, I just re-
downloaded the one I used that needed you to watch ads. It was just called Free VPN. I found the place to change location. That’ll be perfect.

I called and explained the issue and that a lot of others seemed to have the same issue but he didn’t seem too bothered.., think he thought it was user error as he could do it for me. I also emailed but haven’t had a response
Carnard is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 20, 09:28 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I’ve also managed to get on using a VPN but the choice is terrible. I’m not sure why they bother. My sister has a Dole Whip one from last year and is happy with that so I’m annoyed I didn’t order the castle one for me when I had the chance. At least we still have some time so I’ll keep checking.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 20, 10:04 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

I can't access magic bands either. I've tried three browsers on Android and my iPad. It's clearly a website issue rather than user specific.
I downloaded ExpressVPN which gave me a 7 day free trial. I had no issues loading the page from the US site. I'm confused that it's not showing any bands selected though because I'm sure that I had already picked plain ones. Now I just need to figure out how to decline all bar 1 band across my bookings!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 20, 11:19 PM  
Link to this Post
ianmilly
Earning More Ears

Mobile

It’s definitely a co.uk problem just used a VPN with no problems. Speedify APN is free from the App Store.
ianmilly is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 20, 07:12 PM  
Link to this Post
chelynnah
VIP Dibber

chelynnah's Reviews
I have sent an email to the ‘app feesback’ email address that I found on the help page. I have included screenshots and the link it is attempting to send us to, describing the whole situation in detail and letting them know it is not an isolated issue, and has been discussed in depth on a UK forum where it is affecting everyone who is trying to access it.

Fingers crossed they take it seriously and fix the link.
WDW several trips as a child; WDW 1993 on working vacation; DLP Sept 2003 - Newport Bay Hotel; WDW January 2007 - offsite HGVC Tuscany Suites; DLP Sept 2008 - DLH; WDW/US/BG January 2013 - offsite HGVC Tuscany Suites; WDW/US and MVMCP Nov 2015 - offsite townhouse; DLP Sept 2016 - Hotel B&B; WDW Feb 2017 - POFQ; DLP June 2017 - SL GF; DLP Sept 2017 - NPB CC; DLP Nov 2018 - SL; WDW Feb 2019 - WDW Princess Half POFQ; DLP Sept 2019 - SL & DLH;
chelynnah is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 20, 08:32 PM  
Link to this Post
mandco
VIP Dibber

I spoke to someone from the disney tech team today for something else so asked about the magic band issue while on the phone and its mostly affecting the uk site. There should be an option to switch to the us one but its not currently there and even if you go via the us one it defaults you back to the uk version.
The lady said she had sent the info to the escalation team and they will email me when they know more
mandco is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 20, 11:17 PM  
Link to this Post
chelynnah
VIP Dibber

chelynnah's Reviews
Originally Posted by mandco View Post
I spoke to someone from the disney tech team today for something else so asked about the magic band issue while on the phone and its mostly affecting the uk site. There should be an option to switch to the us one but its not currently there and even if you go via the us one it defaults you back to the uk version.
The lady said she had sent the info to the escalation team and they will email me when they know more
Brilliant. The more who put this across maybe they’ll take it a little more seriously. It doesn’t matter what site you try and get, it now constantly defaults to here, which I said. Plus even using the VPN makes everything in USD for the bands so that doesn’t help people with exchange and CC fx fees.
Old 21 Feb 20, 08:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Meb
Chilling at Carribean Beach

I thought it was always in $’s to upgrade? Even when you could access last year I’m sure it showed $’s. Which is fine by me as CC doesn’t charge fees.
2022 - Hopefully
Meb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List