Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 8 Mar 20, 03:53 PM  
Link to this Post
KRBarnard
Very Serious Dibber

KRBarnard's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

I never really had a preference as both have their own benefits, but now we have a toddler the villa (or apartment) wins hands down!

We stayed at Old Key West in a studio and it was a nightmare! We had to put the little one to sleep and then creep about. I finally said "never again" when we found ourselves in the bathroom, one sat on the loo seat and the other in the bath, to eat our Mickey treats and have a cup of tea! We did have a balcony/patio but we were right next to an A/C unit so we couldn't hear each other if we sat outside.

The convenience of the washer and dryer, and your own full kitchen is great. The late night dunk in the hot tub to ease those achey feet and backs is heaven! And you can cuddle up and watch the sun go down without worrying that you're hogging the resort hot tub and making everyone else quietly angry!
Gateway Inn '97 Radisson Barcelo '99 Quality Inn Plaza '01 Quality Inn Int'l '03 La Quinta Inns&Suites '05 B.W. Movieland '07 Holiday Inn '08 & '09 Indian Creek '10 & '11 Vista Cay '12 Rosen Inn @ Pointe and Miami '13 Vista Cay '13,'14,'15,'16 CBR '16 Tampa, POR & SSR '17 OKW + Vista Cay '18 Windsor Hills '19 Vista Cay'22
KRBarnard is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Mar 20, 04:09 PM  
Link to this Post
mskitty
Imagineer

Mobile

I am soooooo looking forward to our villa stay this time. We've not done it before so this thread is getting me excited.

My only worry is that we may never be able to go back to a holiday all in one room again but would put the mockers on my other favourite type of holiday...cruising!
mskitty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Mar 20, 05:02 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mskitty View Post
I am soooooo looking forward to our villa stay this time. We've not done it before so this thread is getting me excited.

My only worry is that we may never be able to go back to a holiday all in one room again but would put the mockers on my other favourite type of holiday...cruising!
You’ll just have to split stay and cruise first knowing week two you’ll have room to spread. Makes the “togetherness” more bearable
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Mar 20, 05:08 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by duchy View Post
You’ll just have to split stay and cruise first knowing week two you’ll have room to spread. Makes the “togetherness” more bearable
We made a massive blunder on our first holiday to Florida in 2015. Our first week we had an enormous 5 bed villa in Formosa Gardens then for our second week a room in WDW Coronado Springs. As Julia Roberts famously once said, Big Mistake. Big. Huge.
We all fell out multiple times so promised ourselves we could never do it that way around again or limit a hotel stay to 1 or 2 nights

OP, one of my favourite parts to the holiday is waking up in the morning and sitting in the peace and quiet by the pool watching the wildlife with my breakfast

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Mar 20, 05:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Joshie1
Imagineer

Joshie1's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Not having to pack a bag to go to the pool, just wander out the door 😊
Joshie1 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Mar 20, 07:35 PM  
Link to this Post
BaconAndAvocado
Imagineer

I completely agree with all the above reasons for booking a villa, which is what we did for our past 2 Floridays.

This time we're doing 5 nights at a hotel then to a villa.

Our DCs are 11 and 13 and constantly bicker... have we made a huge mistake? 😂😂😂
Old 8 Mar 20, 07:45 PM  
Link to this Post
steve@mac155.f
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
For me and DW it is being able to relax in our own pool and hot tub and no need to pre plan everything we do we just go with the flow.

Steve
steve@mac155.f is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Mar 20, 08:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Shell52
Trainee Dibber

After a day at the parks, surrounded by huge crowds and overtired, grumpy children, the freedom to sit out on a quiet deck with a cup of coffee and watch the sun go down in peace.
Shell52 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Mar 20, 08:43 PM  
Link to this Post
boltyboy
Imagineer

boltyboy's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by mick View Post
Why villa over hotel

Apologies for a list but as I’ve responded to this question a few times it’s a bit easier for me to summarise. Would like to clarify this list though by saying that we’re both 70+ and have visited over 35 times but haven’t been to a park since 2010. Also there’s only two of us in a 4 bed villa. Our needs and holiday plans are very unlikely to be typical of other Dibbers.

1. Park at your front door not a mile away
2. Lots of space to spread out
3. Own private pool within 20’ of lounge
4. Own spa to watch the sun rise and set
5. Pop back inside any time for drinks – hot or cold
6. Spare bedroom to store shopping
7. Spare bedroom for family occasionally joining us (after notifying owner obviously)
8. Choice of bathrooms if one engaged – including one on the pool deck
9. Eat meals and snacks whenever you like prepared in the full kitchen
10. Listen to your own music without offending fellow guests and neighbours.
11. Watch TV in the lounge or bedroom (s)
12. Watching the mockingbird attack the hawks on the pool screen
13. Separate walk in shower in the master bathroom plus a large tub
14. Ability to keep on top of the clothes washing

Mick
Nailed it as usual Mick 👍

2020 canceled - 2018 - 2015- 2012 - 2004 - 1998 - 1995 - 1993
Has it really been 8 years? - Trip Index
August 2015-Trip Index
boltyboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Mar 20, 08:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Not having to trip over DH shoes golf clubs and general mess he generates in a hotel room
Eating when we want to watching the sun come up in my PJs with a cup of tea
Just space in general
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List