Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 30 May 20, 01:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by GoofyK View Post
It really sucks. Like others, we planned to have this holiday for a long time. I know it’s not Disney’s fault. But honestly I can’t see cutting out free dinning can help to reduce the capacity? For those who’s going still gotta eat. For me, it would be the same restaurant as I pick from my dinning plan so it doesn’t actually help to reduce the capacity.

I just hope Disney would give us a clearer pic of where we stand with our booking soon. As it’s driving me crazy!
It might be because people will have to pay for their food, ie more money for them.
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 20, 01:13 PM  
Link to this Post
davidh71
Trying for More Ears

Not expecting to be going in August, but currently waiting (patiently!?) for Disney to make an announcement early next week to see what they are doing for UK visitors.

Can't see it being the same as US visitors as we generally book much longer stays than they do. Not a clue what they may do though!
davidh71 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 20, 01:15 PM  
Link to this Post
GoofyK
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Donaldfan View Post
It might be because people will have to pay for their food, ie more money for them.
More money for them yes. But it doesn’t help with the capacity as they claim. 😖😖
GoofyK is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 20, 01:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Princesses 3
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

I’m also waiting to see shat Disney offer but in the meantime I’ve booked for 1 of our two Disney weeks at universal on a free cancellation basis.
If we can travel and the Disney offer is poor eg no water parks we will reduce to 1 week Disney. Without the free dining plan Disney is too expensive for 2 weeks so kind of hedging my bets.
I do think universal appear to be treating on-site guests better but let’s see what Disney come up with 🤞
Princesses 3 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 20, 02:05 PM  
Link to this Post
amy56
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by meegraine View Post
I did wonder that but I can’t imagine ours would be too different in all honesty
I’m wondering if they are holding off offering the 35% rebooking discount to international people as if we are still unable to fly, then we will have to cancel ourselves anyway and therefore why give us anything at this point?
amy56 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 20, 02:06 PM  
Link to this Post
dragsapphire
Excited about Disney

Mobile

We’ve decided to cancel the Disney section and stay on I-drive to do universal, sea world and Aquatica etc.
This years was a sanity pill to get us through everything that has been going on so we didn’t want to cancel everything but the constant changes and knock back aren’t helping as we just want some security of a light to aim for.
We do have another Disney holiday booked for next September so we are lucky in that respect
dragsapphire is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 20, 02:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

More money for them yes. But it doesn’t help with the capacity as they claim. 😖😖
That's what they're claiming but they've said they won't open unless they can make a profit. Removing free dining plans so people have to pay for their food is one way of doing this. Disney will do what's best for Disney.
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 20, 02:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Princesses 3 View Post
I’m also waiting to see shat Disney offer but in the meantime I’ve booked for 1 of our two Disney weeks at universal on a free cancellation basis.
If we can travel and the Disney offer is poor eg no water parks we will reduce to 1 week Disney. Without the free dining plan Disney is too expensive for 2 weeks so kind of hedging my bets.
I do think universal appear to be treating on-site guests better but let’s see what Disney come up with 🤞
Where have you booked Universal on a free cancellation basis?
Old 30 May 20, 02:11 PM  
Link to this Post
amy56
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Oh it will definitely help with restaurant capacity - we hear on here all the time how people wouldn’t of eaten in certain restaurants if it wasn’t for the dining plan. I suspect that rather than people booking ADRs for everyday because they have the plan, they will opt for special favourites on a few days and then either eat counter service or offsite for the rest. We have only had the dining plan once, and we much prefer eating offsite - better choice and much cheaper!
amy56 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 20, 03:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Hotlush
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Donaldfan View Post
Where have you booked Universal on a free cancellation basis?
Not the poster, but Expedia do that.
Hotlush is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List