Closed Thread

Old 23 Aug 11, 11:58 AM  
Link to this Post
akela6
Apprentice Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 1
great tips thank you

- going to some fireworks at end of month so will be taking my tripod and having a go
Old 23 Aug 11, 04:52 PM  
Link to this Post
AndyJ
Imagineer

AndyJ's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 16
Originally Posted by DisneyD View Post
thanks these are really useful tips I don't have a great camera but hopefully my night time nad firework shots will improve!
Any camera will do a good job if kept still

These pictures I took with the Canon Powershot G2, which can be picked up for £40 on eBay from time to time.

AndyJ is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 11, 05:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Mouse mess
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 99
Originally Posted by AndyJ View Post
Any camera will do a good job if kept still

These pictures I took with the Canon Powershot G2, which can be picked up for £40 on eBay from time to time.
Wow...they are great, I have a G11 and I love it...my friends keep telling me to get a DSLR but I really don't know what I am doing and mostly have it on Auto. Would you say it is best to just stick the G11?

Edited at 05:08 PM.
Mouse mess is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 11, 05:47 PM  
Link to this Post
AndyJ
Imagineer

AndyJ's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 16
Originally Posted by Mouse mess View Post
Wow...they are great, I have a G11 and I love it...my friends keep telling me to get a DSLR but I really don't know what I am doing and mostly have it on Auto. Would you say it is best to just stick the G11?
I think the advantage of a good DSLR is the speed you can grab a picture, and the lenses you can attach.

Shutter lag, as they call it. The time it takes to actually "grab" the shot after you press the button.

Big fat lenses let you take pictures wide and zoomed depending on what you want to buy.

But for normal day to day stuff, no need for a DSLR really.

I took my compact to Vegas/California last year, and only the night time stuff was less quality than I'd have liked, but on average you'd be happy with it.

A.
AndyJ is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 11, 06:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Princesa
Imagineer

Thanks for doing this course, I love taking photos but it's not very often I can grab a good one, will get practicing!
Princesa is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 11, 06:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridaju&bob
Imagineer

hello had to jump onto this thread to suggest a monopod for those who have 'cm trouble' with tripods, as these can usually collapse down to pocket size,
PO Riverside 2002 2007 2009 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 (2017) 2018 2019 2020
Animal Kingdom 2006
Floridaju&bob is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 11, 06:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Mouse mess
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 99
Originally Posted by AndyJ View Post
I think the advantage of a good DSLR is the speed you can grab a picture, and the lenses you can attach.

Shutter lag, as they call it. The time it takes to actually "grab" the shot after you press the button.

Big fat lenses let you take pictures wide and zoomed depending on what you want to buy.

But for normal day to day stuff, no need for a DSLR really.

I took my compact to Vegas/California last year, and only the night time stuff was less quality than I'd have liked, but on average you'd be happy with it.

A.
Thanks for the advice Andy... I think I would be better waiting for a couple of years then before I invest... when both children are at school I will have more time to put into it.

Thanks for all the tips

I took this with my G11,

it was on P with the flash off but iso on Auto..I am quite pleased with it, what would you have set the iso to if not not on auto?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1403.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	104.3 KB
ID:	35286  
Mouse mess is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 11, 07:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Kellea
VIP Dibber

Thanks for this. Cant wait to try them out next week

1993, 2008, 2011 OKW villas 17 nights ( thanks to Irene , 2013 3 nights Renaissance Seaworld, 3 nights HRH Club, 16 nights OKW and DxDDP, 2014 5 nights HRH Club, 16 nights OKW. 2015 15 nights Sheraton Vistana Villages. 2016 3 nights Sheraton New York Times Square, 3 nights HRH club level, 16 night AKL SV, 2 nights BLT. 2017 5 nights OKW, 5 nights BWV, 7 nights BLT, 4 nights HRH club. 2019 3 nights Renaissance (SW), 4 nights HRH CL, 7 nights BLT LV, 7 nights AKL SV

KELLEA
Kellea is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 11, 07:21 PM  
Link to this Post
pluto66
Imagineer

Thanks for the tips can't wait to try them out.
Old 25 Aug 11, 08:48 AM  
Link to this Post
OrlandoRocks
Excited about Disney

Yeah, great tips and I love the idea of the photo courses. Here are a couple of my night time shots. All were taken with a fairly long exposure with me resting it on a trash can, a wall or even just the floor.

OrlandoRocks is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread