Old 10 Feb 13, 04:11 PM  
Link to this Post
pennycrayon
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 15
Originally Posted by tclaireh View Post
Hi

Looking forward to reading about your plans. We were also in SSR last May & have now booked to go to Vegas & LA so we must share similar tastes!

Claire x
Originally Posted by geoffa View Post
Love doing the West Coast so will look forward to your trip report.
Originally Posted by NatsyNoo View Post
Exciting gem! Can't wait to read more about your plans!
Thank you everyone nice to see people reading

Not had much time for planning lately BUT we I have middle a little tweak to the plans

I had a 15% coupon for expedia uk, and the disneyland hotels have came up on it so have rebooked the disneyland hotel for pretty much the same price as paradise pier

This is where I really wanted to stay (the musicial headboard was the dealclincher) and the pool area looks much nicer!

I have booked a standard room and requested a high floor
Old 25 Feb 13, 09:59 PM  
Link to this Post
tonymc
Imagineer

tonymc's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 19
We're travelling the same time as you - out on 24th July back on 8th August - by the looks of things, although having a few days in NY before heading over to the West Coast.

I guess I should start putting fingers to keyboard and get our own pre-trippie started!
2024 The Retirement Roadshow – Part 2:Alaska, 2023 4th Time lucky - Aus & NZ, 2022 Cruising and Tuscany, 2020 A second unexpected staycation - Budapest to West Wales!, 2019 It’s Disney... but not as we know it!,2017 CA Possibly, Maybe, Definitely..,2016 Economy and a Studio Just Isn't Good Enough!
tonymc is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 13, 10:27 PM  
Link to this Post
pennycrayon
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by tonymc View Post
We're travelling the same time as you - out on 24th July back on 8th August - by the looks of things, although having a few days in NY before heading over to the West Coast.

I guess I should start putting fingers to keyboard and get our own pre-trippie started!
Ooh yes please do would be great to read your plans and pinch some tips hehe!
Old 26 Feb 13, 02:20 PM  
Link to this Post
tonymc
Imagineer

tonymc's Reviews
Our current plans are:

24/07/13 Fly LHR-JFK
24-28/07/13 4 nights hotel (still to be booked)
28/07/13 Fly JFK-LAX
Drive down to San Diego
28/07-02/08/13 5 nights at the Best Western Plus Island Palms Hotel & Marina (visiting the Zoo/Safari Park and San Diego itself)
02/08/13 drive up to Anaheim
02/08-08/08/13 6 nights at the Howard Johnson Plaza Hotel Anaheim Resort (Disneyland is on the agenda plus LA)
08/08/13 Fly LAX-JFK
Overnight JFK
09/08/13 Daytime flight LHR-JFK then drive back home
2024 The Retirement Roadshow – Part 2:Alaska, 2023 4th Time lucky - Aus & NZ, 2022 Cruising and Tuscany, 2020 A second unexpected staycation - Budapest to West Wales!, 2019 It’s Disney... but not as we know it!,2017 CA Possibly, Maybe, Definitely..,2016 Economy and a Studio Just Isn't Good Enough!
tonymc is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 13, 10:36 PM  
Link to this Post
pennycrayon
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Our current plans are:

24/07/13 Fly LHR-JFK
24-28/07/13 4 nights hotel (still to be booked)
28/07/13 Fly JFK-LAX
Drive down to San Diego
28/07-02/08/13 5 nights at the Best Western Plus Island Palms Hotel & Marina (visiting the Zoo/Safari Park and San Diego itself)
02/08/13 drive up to Anaheim
02/08-08/08/13 6 nights at the Howard Johnson Plaza Hotel Anaheim Resort (Disneyland is on the agenda plus LA)
08/08/13 Fly LAX-JFK
Overnight JFK
09/08/13 Daytime flight LHR-JFK then drive back home
Ooh we will be at Disneyland the same time! Plans look fab!

We are thinking of adding on San Diego zoo while we are at Anaheim, especially want to see the baby panda
Old 27 Feb 13, 01:48 PM  
Link to this Post
tonymc
Imagineer

tonymc's Reviews
It's a really strange feeling this year - last year at this time we had all of our park days planned out, tickets purchased, ADRs made for our visit to WDW. At the moment, not even sure what tickets we will be needing for CA let alone where we are staying in NY!
Old 3 Mar 13, 09:44 AM  
Link to this Post
pennycrayon
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
It's a really strange feeling this year - last year at this time we had all of our park days planned out, tickets purchased, ADRs made for our visit to WDW. At the moment, not even sure what tickets we will be needing for CA let alone where we are staying in NY!
I know exactly what you mean! I'm not planning on buying any tickets until nearer the time as the exchange rate is so bad!
Old 26 Mar 13, 10:50 PM  
Link to this Post

Sounds great gem. I would love to do something like this but with all the moving it would be too much with Elsie. This will have to be saved for our retirement days ha ha.

I'm hoping to keep up to date with you I can pinch some tips. X
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 13, 10:27 AM  
Link to this Post
pennycrayon
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Update!

Been far too long for an update, the big news is there an additional person travelling with us as I am pregnant! I will be 20 weeks when we fly and 23 when we return.

The just slightly change the dynamic of the holiday and I will be honest we have not made many plans as planning on taking it nice and easy .

My midwife is happy for me to travel, just got to do the obvious and drink lots of water and stay out of the heat.

I am a bit confused over clothing and how big I will be so will be taking a mixture of normal clothes and maternity!

Plans we have made:

Vegas

We have booked to all see David Copperfield at the MGM Grand. Looks great and have never seen a magic show live before, we are planning on the Cheesecake Factory for dinner afterwards

No other plans booked but as well as exploring the hotels we both want to visit the atomic bomb museum, titanic exhibition and maybe the bodies the exhibition. We have no plans though going to make it up as we go along!

In terms of eats we are planning hash hash a go go, Cheesecake Factory, wicked spoon and of course earl of sandwich!

San Francisco

I have booked an all day tour via viator which picks us up from our hotel for a city tour on a coach and then includes the alcatraz tour. Thought this would be an easier way to see the city, we only have 2 days and a lot to pack in!

LA

I have booked the stars and homes tour and earners bros tour via starline. There is only one day we can do the Warner bros tour and it was already sold out on the Warner bros website

Disneyland

No plans whatsoever just going to take it easy and go armed with my list of rides I can go on pregnant. Told my husband he has to go on the cars ride to tell me what it's like!

Not making any adrs, but really want to try mimis

Apologies no photos will be back with more plans, still need to sort out all our transfers!
Old 8 Jul 13, 05:53 PM  
Link to this Post
NatsyNoo
Imagineer

NatsyNoo's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 32
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Good stuff gem and sounds like you're being sensible with not over planning, that way if you feel exhausted you won't be disappointed! Congratulations again!

Natsynoo's Trippie Index
NatsyNoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List