Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Closed Thread

Old 15 Mar 14, 10:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Sedders77
Earning My Ears

virgin-atlantic/gb/en...equipment.html

its a dozen balls... here is the link
Sedders77 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Mar 14, 11:04 AM  
Link to this Post
'OHANA
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Sedders77 View Post
virgin-atlantic/gb/en...equipment.html

its a dozen balls... here is the link
Superb, will get the scales out! You're a star!
'OHANA is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Mar 14, 11:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Tetrarch
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 23
Originally Posted by 'OHANA View Post
Superb, will get the scales out! You're a star!
I have never heard of the contents being checked on a golf bag. I'm not even sure that my bag has ever been weighed either. As soon as the bag is noted you're sent to the "large items" desk where the checks are at the best perfunctory.

I've even used the golf bag to bring back some unusually shaped items - and once with four dozen balls (Chrissie pressies)

Regards

Gary
Old 15 Mar 14, 01:26 PM  
Link to this Post
THOR1
Apprentice Imagineer

As Gary says they don't bother much with golf bag etc.

We usually absolutely ram the travel cover full of clothes and have never been asked.

One time I had 200 balls in it, another time a set of tools!
THOR1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Mar 14, 01:54 PM  
Link to this Post
elmspenguin
VIP Dibber

The Oak Trail course is included free if you have Ultimate tickets for the parks.
I played the Lake Buena Vista (which goes through OKW and SSR, we had a view of the 6th green from our balcony) course and the magnolia course last year, I enjoyed them both. It cost $150 dollars for both rounds as they do an offer of 2 rounds at any of there courses for a $150. Both of these rounds had to be booked in advance.
Old 15 Mar 14, 02:33 PM  
Link to this Post
georgemac
Imagineer

georgemac's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 8
my son in law is a good golfer (3-5), won't be taking clubs but is looking to play once or twice when we are there.
I was talking to a colleague last week who golfs in Florida a lot. He recommended nearer the time looking at golfnow to get the best deals. Anyone use this?

He recommended Mystic Dunes and the course at Champions gate. There were others but I did not write them down.
I have seen other Dibb threads about courses - there are a few keen golfers on here.
I'll keep looking into this thread for advice for my SIL.
1997 Airtours, 1999 BA Best Western LBV, 2001 Westridge Villa, 2005 Westridge Villa (Trip Report)
georgemac is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Mar 14, 04:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Suffolk dad
Very Serious Dibber

Loads of quality courses within easy driving distance.

I've played and would recommend the following:

Celebration
Falcons Fire
Championsgate (2 courses)

I've never played any of the Disney Courses but I believe you can get some really good rates if you're staying on site.

Oak Trail is free with an Ultimate ticket but it's 9 holes only, no buggies and not a particularly nice course.

This year I'm staying at Southern Dunes so will be playing there, also looking at Eagle Creek, Mission Hills and Orange County National (2 courses)

I believe (may be wrong) that you can only play Reunion if you are staying there, same for Bay Hill (Arnold Palmer's place)
Suffolk dad is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Mar 14, 09:25 PM  
Link to this Post
jdouds
Imagineer

Hi I have played golf this last 9 years in Orlando ,all the disney courses are a good test palm , magnolia ,lake buen a vista which is at old key west, osprey ridge I believe has been taken over by one of the hotel chains.( four seasons)Have played champions gate and it is a good layout,southern dunes which is close to c gate is also worth a visit .The other disney venue that gets good reports is the course at celebration.Other courses that are widely recommended are Orange County and my favorite oasis close to disney is grand cypress which is a superb
jdouds is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Mar 14, 09:34 PM  
Link to this Post
'OHANA
Imagineer

All this info is great everyone, thanks so much. He is on back shift today but will show him this thread when he gets in. Have just googled the Celebration course (I love Celebration and intend to spend a lot of time there!) it looks amazing and it's only $69 for a round! Just over £40 which I think is brill! Thanks again x
'OHANA is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Mar 14, 07:59 PM  
Link to this Post
'OHANA
Imagineer

Got email back from Disney so we def have Oak Tree trail included I am so unbelievably excited about it all x
Closed Thread