Notices

View Poll Results: Halloween or Christmas?
Halloween 55 31.98%
Christmas 117 68.02%
Voters: 172. You may not vote on this poll

Old 22 Apr 20, 08:47 PM  
Link to this Post
HevaDuck
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

I'd do both go end of Oct Halloween Party on 31st and book the 1st Christmas Party, visit the resorts to see the gingerbread houses and DS for the Christmas Tree Trail
HevaDuck is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 20, 09:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Disneyfreaks
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Scaramouche View Post
We’ve done both.

We loved Christmas, the ginger bread houses, the different Christmas food in Epcot, the little scavenger hunts, the trees, MVMCP. We loved it all.

We REALLY struggled with the weather. It was between 9-32 degrees within the 2 weeks that were were there. We also found the crowds a bit much. We did have cast members tell us it was weird and there seemed to have been a complete lack of “quiet” time when there normally would be that specific year and they weren’t sure why. They weren’t prepared for the crowds at time.

So it’s Halloween for us! Love the weather, yes it’s hot and humid, but we go on holiday for sun, not to be colder than we would have been at home! (The universe parade with the fake snow when it was 9 degrees felt right though!) we prefer MNSSHP to MVMCP and I’ve done Halloween 3x and all 3x the crowds have been less.
Totally agree with this, we’ve done both too - we were there Christmas just gone for 3 weeks & yes, it was busy & the atmosphere/decorations were fab (we were in MK on Christmas Day), but the weather wasn’t great.

Personally I was constantly cold & that’s not what I go to Florida for, I love the heat & humidity ! I took my coat & woolly hat from the UK & wore them often !

Don’t get me wrong, we had a great time but we’ve done it now, so we would defi chose Halloween every time now, weather was soooo much better - for Me anyway !
Disneyfreaks is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 20, 09:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Disneyfreaks
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by animelover View Post
Why not do the end of october begining of November best of both decorations they switched them over night last year
Great advice, you can experience both !
Disneyfreaks is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 20, 09:23 AM  
Link to this Post
SnowWhite
Apprentice Imagineer

Couldn't vote as there wasn't an option for both
SnowWhite is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 20, 01:40 PM  
Link to this Post
OP Pixie Dust
Chilling at Carribean Beach

We have done the end of October into November and you get to experience the best of both holiday periods

😊

Not too busy into November and if you plan well over Halloween it’s not too bad. Then they change the decorations at Disney over night for most things from Halloween to Christmas
OP Pixie Dust is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 21, 09:18 AM  
Link to this Post
kitjos
slightly serious Dibber

When does the switch over occur from Halloween to xmas please? Is it overnight on 1st Nov or part way through Nov? I'm amazed at how quick they do it x
kitjos is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 21, 09:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by kitjos View Post
When does the switch over occur from Halloween to xmas please? Is it overnight on 1st Nov or part way through Nov? I'm amazed at how quick they do it x
Normally the day after the last halloween party in mk , not sure during covid though .
Hs are normally up just before , epcot none due to food and wine , and ak start beginning nov ish
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ

Edited at 09:32 PM.
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 21, 05:29 PM  
Link to this Post
SleepingBeauty
Imagineer

Halloween, my favorite holiday here.
SleepingBeauty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 21, 05:44 PM  
Link to this Post
littlelish0544
Imagineer

I love both, and have done both, but both at the earliest part of the season so crowds not mad.
Christmas was DLP and halloween WDW.
If its just decorations and atmosphere of the celebration Id choose Christmas as I think there are more finishing touches for the season. But would go early as crowds ruin it for me.
Old 18 Sep 22, 12:56 AM  
Link to this Post
karalma
Imagineer

Christmas
karalma is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List