Notices
Itineraries Post your Trip Itineraries here.

Old 14 Apr 22, 12:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Melville
Very Serious Dibber

Thoughts on my plan?

Ive been playing around with an itenary and would appreciate any thoughts on what Ive got so far. It will be the kids first visit who are 8 and 4 so trying to get as much in as possible without doing too much!

We are staying offsite with a hire car.

Heres the plan so far:

Friday 26 August - Arrive afternoon, check-in and visit to shops etc
Saturday - MK
Sunday - AK
Monday - Waterpark TBC
Tuesday - HS
Wednesday - Universal (Stopping at Deluxe hotel for express passes)
Thursday - Universal IOA
Friday - Epcot
Saturday - Waterpark TBC
Sunday - Seaworld
Monday - Universal (provisional)
Tuesday - AK
Wednesday - HS
Thursday - MK
Friday - Fly home

Theres a lot in there but we'll probably do some half days, certainly wont be rope drop until park closing with the kids!

My main question is about the Universal stay, Im not sure if it would be better to do 2 nights at Universal and spend 3 days at the Universal parks or not.

Any thoughts/comments appreciated thanks
Old 14 Apr 22, 01:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Hammo333
Having Dinner with Goofy

Hi Melville,

As you say theres a lot in there to get as much in as possible.
My only observation is assuming your saving MK second visit as last day favorite park day etc. Would it be worth moving that to Wed/Tue to get a second visit to MK so if the weather was bad on Thurs you have already got your second MK in as Thurs leaves no room for re-arranging etc, especially time of year. (Hope that makes sense).
Also in trying to get as much as poss in, have you considered a day at Discovery Cove with or without the dolphin swim is a great day out, maybe instead of one waterpark day.
CSR 2007,08 ASMo 2006
Orange Lake Country 2004
Hammo333 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 22, 01:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Melville
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Hammo333 View Post
Hi Melville,

As you say theres a lot in there to get as much in as possible.
My only observation is assuming your saving MK second visit as last day favorite park day etc. Would it be worth moving that to Wed/Tue to get a second visit to MK so if the weather was bad on Thurs you have already got your second MK in as Thurs leaves no room for re-arranging etc, especially time of year. (Hope that makes sense).
Also in trying to get as much as poss in, have you considered a day at Discovery Cove with or without the dolphin swim is a great day out, maybe instead of one waterpark day.
Thanks for the feedback! Moving the second visit to MK to the Tuesday is a good idea as it gives us some options should the worst happen with the weather as you say. Although with the park bookings now it would be relying on it not being full to rearragne a day or 2!

I really wanted to do Discovery Cove based on posts here but got outvoted by my wife! We watched a couple of vlogs on it and to be fair it didnt look like there would be much to do for our 4 year old? He has only recently started swimming lessons (thanks Covid!) so isnt a very confident swimmer yet.
Old 14 Apr 22, 02:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Hammo333
Having Dinner with Goofy

Originally Posted by Melville View Post
Thanks for the feedback! Moving the second visit to MK to the Tuesday is a good idea as it gives us some options should the worst happen with the weather as you say. Although with the park bookings now it would be relying on it not being full to rearragne a day or 2!

I really wanted to do Discovery Cove based on posts here but got outvoted by my wife! We watched a couple of vlogs on it and to be fair it didnt look like there would be much to do for our 4 year old? He has only recently started swimming lessons (thanks Covid!) so isnt a very confident swimmer yet.
Yeah fully understand if 4 year old just started to swim but just for ref my DW cannot swim or my DD who has CP. They both had a blast around the lazy river with their life jackets on.
You will get a lot more for your money at waterparks with so much on offer.
I've not done Blizzard Beach but love Typhoon Lagoon especially the wave machine.
Have a great time.

P.S I thought I was the only one to get out voted by my wife ha ha.
CSR 2007,08 ASMo 2006
Orange Lake Country 2004

Edited at 10:59 PM.
Hammo333 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 22, 07:04 AM  
Link to this Post
youre-nicked
VIP Dibber

Id consider changing the Saturday waterpark (as they can get really busy on a weekend) with the Monday Universal, On the Saturday Id then combine it with a shopping trip to either the Millenia or Florida Mall.
Old 17 Apr 22, 09:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

I would just rethink the second weekend, waterparks are busy at the weekend and as you only have one day at Seaworld, I personally should not make it a weekend day. I would swap a couple of the Disney theme park days into the weekend. I am not sure you need the third day at Universal at all, your children are quite young and wouldn’t be able to do some things so the two days you have seems enough.
Claudette is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 22, 12:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Melville
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by youre-nicked View Post
Id consider changing the Saturday waterpark (as they can get really busy on a weekend) with the Monday Universal, On the Saturday Id then combine it with a shopping trip to either the Millenia or Florida Mall.
Thanks for the reply, I will change the waterpark day although thinking about it we could just make it a pool and shopping day. Not that the kids will be impressed with a shopping day
Old 25 Apr 22, 12:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Melville
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
I would just rethink the second weekend, waterparks are busy at the weekend and as you only have one day at Seaworld, I personally should not make it a weekend day. I would swap a couple of the Disney theme park days into the weekend. I am not sure you need the third day at Universal at all, your children are quite young and wouldn’t be able to do some things so the two days you have seems enough.
Good shout on Seaworld, the kids will love the shows so they'll want to get as much done as possible.

Whilst the kids are too small for quite a lot of Universal, me and the wife were hoping to get on most things too so I thought a third day may be useful.