Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 27 Apr 22, 08:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Ellelledee
Imagineer

Mobile Sequoia Lodge - Monday - time to go home

After speaking to 3 different concierge’s and deliberating on here we decided we weren’t going to go to the parks - we were going to catch an earlier shuttle.
Our flight was 5.30p.m - we had an email from EasyJet saying get there 3 hours before the flight. Then the sign for the Magic shuttle said 3 hours before check in time - this was what was confusing me! Surely that was meaning leave at 12. In the end we decided to go for the 11.55 shuttle. We had to vacate the room by 11 - you have to get out or the room just locks - so we packed up and took our case to luggage room and went for breakfast.
We went to Disney village and went to McDonald’s - pretty similar to Uk except they don’t do hashbrowns.
We had a wander around Disney village then went back and waited for the shuttle.
It was actually less than an hour from our hotel. We were picked up then went to Newport bay and then airport.
The shuttle drops you at 2F and you have to walk up to find your check in. We walked up and were told we couldn’t check in fir our flight until 2.55. EasyJet tell you to get there 3 hours before but you can’t check in until 2 hours before - no wonder they have crowds at the airport. This was even bag drop - we checked in online but still had to wait to drop bags.
We literally had to sit about in the airport. There is a few eating places - we had a PRET found a seat near the EasyJet check in and pounced was it got nearer.
We were at the front so check in was very quick. Then we walked down to security - there was a sign saying 10 minutes wait time - it was all very quick. Then we were through to departures.

One thing to mention here - in UK and in Florida - security and passport control are together. At CDG - we went through security and into departure lounge went in duty free etc. I went to look at the board and saw our gate then noticed the D gates were down the right but then the B gates there appeared to be passport control - I went and asked someone and yes passport control was AFTER departure lounge/duty free. So we had a Starbucks - in departure there is the usual duty free shop, a pizza bar, sushi bar, Starbucks, a sandwich shop, the posh macaron place.
Then we went through passport control - lucky we went when we did. Our flight was starting to board - EasyJet don’t mess around they are boarding it’s just everyone on the plane! The flight was about an hour and again I couldn’t fault EasyJet.

After a horrible year and obviously all the uncertainty of the last 2 years - I have to say this was absolutely what I wanted and needed. It truest was a magical weekend and I would go back in a heartbeat.
Ellelledee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Apr 22, 05:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Logan
Imagineer

Thanks again for the reports and glad you had a lovely time, there's nothing like Disney for a much needed pick me up.

Flying Easyjet ourselves from Belfast, never had a bad experience with them. Mind you, we don't have a lot of choice from here. In the early days we flew Ryanair to Beauvais. Billed as Paris, what a trek! Ryanair by comparison is a dreadful airline, which I'll only use now as a last resort.
Logan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List