Notices
Itineraries Post your Trip Itineraries here.

Old 4 Jul 22, 10:49 AM  
Link to this Post
femster
I want to go now!

August Disney & Shopping trip

Any advice/comments would be very helpful. Been to Orlando plenty but mainly solo, this time with the whole family. Only ever done Universal before never Disney.

1. We are a family of 5, 2 adults, a 15 year old, a 6&5 year old
2. Staying in a villa at Windsor Palms/Four Corners.
3. We have a car for the whole trip.
4. Tickets for Disney only at the moment (could add more)

The main things we like as you will see are SHOPPING (my wife). I planned a lot of lazy days s I know the children will be quite tired and moan otherwise.
We also will be doing a lot of cooking at home or eating at random places so no set restaurants plans.

Plan:
August 17th - Travel arrive at 15:20 pick up car. Drive to Villa, go shopping for villa.

August 18th – Pool Day/drive around/shopping/lazy day

August 19th Magic Kingdom (all day)

August 20th – Typhoon Lagoon Water
Park/Shopping/Downtown Orlando for football

August 21st – Animal Kingdom

August 22nd – Epcot

August 23rd – Pool Day/Shopping

August 24th – Magic Kingdom (PM + Disney Enchantment fireworks)

August 25th – Beach Day (best beach available?)

August 26th – Hollywood Studios

August 27th – Epcot/Park hop PM

August 28th – Shopping/Pool Day

August 29th – Typhoon Lagoon Water Park/Disney Springs

August 30th – Epcot/Magic Kingdom (PM)

August 31st – Beach/Pool Day

September 1st – Shopping morning / depart 20:50
femster is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 22, 04:59 PM  
Link to this Post
princess boo
Very Serious Dibber

We are always up ridiculous early for the first couple of days, so make the most of this and hit the parks early. Our first full day will be Magic Kingdom, we will arrive early and get as many rides in as possible. We are usually flagging by lunch time so will have a chilled afternoon.
Old 4 Jul 22, 05:05 PM  
Link to this Post
femster
I want to go now!

I didn't actually think about this.

What do you make of doing the children's stuff in the morning/afternoon and then dropping them at the Villa with one parent so that the other parent can do adult rides with the teenager in the late afternoon?
femster is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 22, 05:27 PM  
Link to this Post
princess boo
Very Serious Dibber

[QUOTE=femster;15522649]I didn't actually think about this.

What do you make of doing the children's stuff in the morning/afternoon and then dropping them at the Villa with one parent so that the other parent can do adult rides with the teenager in the late afternoon?[/QUOTE

You need to factor in the travel time back and forth. I know people have said that the traffic can be horrendous at certain times of the day, so I can't really comment on that, sorry.
Old 5 Jul 22, 10:36 AM  
Link to this Post
RT's
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

MNSSHP will be on the 19th and the 30th where you have MK planned. If you don't have separate tickets for this you have to leave early (around 6pm I believe)
DLP- Hotel Cheyenne - June 2011 : FL- Rosen Inn Pointe Orlando - April 2013 : FL- Disney's Caribbean Beach & Hard Rock Hotel - April 2016 : FL- WDW Yacht Club & Loews Royal Pacific - October 2017 : DLP- Santa Fe - February 2018 : WDW - Yacht Club - October 2019 : FL- Lowes Portofino Bay & WDW Dolphin- August 2022
RT's is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 22, 10:48 AM  
Link to this Post
JudeB
Imagineer

JudeB's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
Your plan looks good to me. You are making good use of being up early those first few days to do the parks. Like a PP said, the first MK day in particular you will probably be tired by lunchtime, so an afternoon by the villa pool would be what we usually do. Early dinner and early bed and make the most of waking up early again the next day. I'd maybe suggest swapping waterpark on day 3 with AK, for the reason just mentioned, but maybe it wouldn't give you enough time to get to the football.
We always have a rest day the first day after we arrive too. It's lovely to stock up on food and toys for the pool at Walmart and just have a nice gentle start.
Old 7 Jul 22, 06:57 AM  
Link to this Post
femster
I want to go now!

Originally Posted by RT's View Post
MNSSHP will be on the 19th and the 30th where you have MK planned. If you don't have separate tickets for this you have to leave early (around 6pm I believe)
Apologies, but what is MNSSHP and how do I get a booking?
Old 7 Jul 22, 07:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Twinklestar1
VIP Dibber

Twinklestar1's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
IT’s mickeys not so scary Halloween party at Magic Kingdom. Pretty expensive tickets on top of the usual tickets. Having said that it is a brilliant experience- our teenagers brought back their own body weight in candy from the trick or treating 😂