Notices
General Trip Reports Reports that don't fit in to the other categories

Old 13 Jul 22, 05:05 PM  
Link to this Post
roxie2001
Imagineer

Salou with adult wristbands and a 21st. Salou June/July 2022.Day 2,Ferrari land/Portaventura

Thursday 30th June.
Index

Today was Ferrari Land, you could use the ticket we brought over 5 days but wanted to avoid the weekend, this did mean three busy days.
Alarm set, we met the children for breakfast.

The little donuts in the pack were amazing.
I went ahead first as I wanted to buy the T-10 card. It was just over €15 but this included 10 trips.
We met at the bus stop, Jess forgot her mask, we needed these on public transport. I ran to the shop next to the stop and brought one for €1. The first bus came and was full so drove straight past.
In all our previous visits, the buses to portaventura have been every 10 minutes and I’ve always raved about them.
This year it was every 30, not ideal as this meant some were full, plus crowds waiting for one bus.
Luckily one soon followed and we were on the way, again later than hoped but Ferrari land opens later than portaventura, at 10.30, we arrived about 10.45.

Red force was showing over an hour, nope. Matt, Jess and Charlie went on the towers, a 20 minute wait, this is one ride I won’t do.
As I watched one tower took you up slowly and dropped and the other one bounced up and down, I would have been ok on that one.

I sat in the shade, they came off and had gone on the bouncy one although they didn’t get to choose. However, looking at the attractions they have slightly different names so maybe they just got in that line.
Red force was down to 50 minutes, thought this would be about the average so queued. It probably was a little less.
We sat at the back, wow, I totally forgot how extreme this is. You shoot off at such a speed.
We all loved it, even though I was terrified again. 🤣
Next was racing legends, chosen over flying dreams purely because it was a 5 minute wait. We actually walked straight on but then had 2 holding areas to wait in, so something to remember if you think it’s a quick ride.
We were given 3D glasses and sat in a car, all in one row.

It was fun but would wait too long. We didn’t bother with flying dreams. I really wanted to go on maranello grand race as we missed it last time.

It was posting 40 minutes but it was only 20. In the queue a lady and her son had been on the exact rides since red force and were behind us again. She commented that we must have the same plan and we got chatting. Jess and Charlie were going to Barcelona and we talked about train stops, they were going from Portaventura station as the Salou station had closed. The lady said she was planning the fast train from Tarragona but needed a taxi to get there.
Charlie started looking at going that way until we got to the front.
Matt and I rode together.

Jess and Charlie had cherry red, she used to say she wanted a cherry red Ferrari after watching bedtime stories 🤣

The cars are not quick but I loved it.

Jess wanted to ride red force again but no one else was really up for it. The single rider queue is strange here, you still have to queue the first part so Jess said she wasn’t bothered, I did say I would go again but we left.
We walked over to the train station to get tickets as you can’t book online from portaventura station.
It was fairly quiet, we looked at the options and they decided on the first train out for Saturday, I think it was 10 ish and a 8.30 pm home.
Tickets were purchased, €30 for both and a bus stop is right outside. This must be a new route as the buses never came this way before. We didn’t wait too long but it was so hot. We got the Salou bus, but again got off at the seafront. On the walk home I popped into the bus plana to top our card up and ask what bus went along the main road.
Back at the hotel we had drinks and snacks.

We discussed going back to portaventura on Sunday but I checked the tickets and both parks had to be entered on the same day.
I said to Matt he could skip it but he wanted to come.
We got to the bus stop and I had lost our T-10 card, I didn’t really want to go back to the hotel to look so brought another one. 🤦🏻 Worse things to lose, just annoying as I just topped up.
We just walked around the park, starting with crazy barrels and wild buffalos.
Jess really wanted to go on stampeda, a wooden roller coaster. Every time we come off this Matt and I vow never to ride it. And every 2 years we are back on getting shook about. Matt actually bruised this time.
Next was volpaiute, only went on this as we walked straight on.
It’s ok but not worth waiting for.
Dragon khan was next, not for me after the last ride though.
They waited about 15 minutes.
They are on there, if you zoom in it’s the only row of 3.

One last ride on shambala.
We did plan to stay for the show but I think stampeda had done us all in, we left around 8.30 pm.

Still no furious baco, next time.
We got the bus, and got off near our hotel. 🎉
We were just in time for dinner although people still came in after us. I only have dessert photos.

I checked at reception that we were on the premium package and they confirmed we were but again the bar tender refused us drinks. I went back up to reception and took a photo of the list, southern comfort wasn’t on it but barcardi was. We just had a few drinks and then took them on our balcony’s. It was lovely being next to each other, we chatted away.

Edited at 01:42 PM.
roxie2001 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 22, 03:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

Mobile

Another busy day! My two loved Portaventura but we just left them there! Too extreme for J 🤣

Index of my trip reports
2016 Quebec - Kuala Lumpar - New York City 2017 Dubai - Eurocamps France - Ontario and Quebec - So-Cal 2018 Montreal - Bangkok - New England 2019 Argentina - Quebec City - Hong Kong - 2020 Switzerland 2022 Arizona - Costa Med Cruise - Oslo 2023 Hong Kong - Gothenburg
Melbatb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 22, 10:42 PM  
Link to this Post
roxie2001
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Melbatb View Post
Another busy day! My two loved Portaventura but we just left them there! Too extreme for J 🤣
Dropping off would be ideal but Matt loves the coasters as well and I get roped in.
I do love the water rides though.
roxie2001 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List