Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 4 Jun 22, 03:09 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by mitch-fishguard View Post
I'm in SFO 10th to 13th April 2023, Salt Lake City 13th to 15th and Seattle 15th to 20th, flying home to Heathrow on said 20th. 😀😀😀😀
We are in Seattle 3-5 April. Not sure what to see.. other than of course, the Boeing Museum of Flight and the Space Needle tower thingy and Rock n Roll Museum.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 22, 03:13 PM  
Link to this Post
mitch-fishguard
Apprentice Imagineer

We are going just to see these places. Love cities and the hustle and bustle of them
mitch-fishguard is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 22, 06:39 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by mitch-fishguard View Post
We are going just to see these places. Love cities and the hustle and bustle of them
Strangely, we tolerate the crowds in order to achieve our objectives. I guess that we are simply anti social at heart. The largest town that I have lived in is Detmold, Germany.. population 40,000. I live in just the right place now, Cornwall. Biggest town is 23000.

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196

Edited at 06:41 PM.
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jul 22, 08:00 AM  
Link to this Post
welshy
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by cornishfrogboy View Post
LBV resort is huge. It has 5 blocks and understandably, some are more recently refurbished than others, Block 5 is the most recent. Speaking with Trish White, there are renovation plans for at least two of the other blocks this year.

We like and choose the resort for location more than any other factor.

On this map, LBV to Epcot is around 4km, avoiding the horrible at certain times of the day; i4, likewise Seaworld along world centredrive and international drive. The value of avoiding the rush. Hour i4 cannot imho be underestimated.

A better view of the route to the Seaworlds, also showing that Premium Outlets can be very easily reached.

In addition, we are..
Opposite a Gas Station.
100 Yards from a decent outlet Mall.
1 Km from both Walmart and Publix.
Really well located for pretty much all well used Restaurants, albeit a short drive.
Avoiding all toll roads and thus in my case, the toll(s) plus $5.99 on any day that I hit any.

Block 5
As already mentioned, the most recently refurbished, although still with a few snags.
Right next to the pool.
Views of the Disney fireworks in two locations if on the right end of the block
Has a layer of underground parking (nice and cool), I guess that the other blocks might be likewise.

The Rooms.
Ours is a 3 bedroom. It has..

A decent, central living area with full Kitchen, Dining area and Lounge Area, with Covered Balcony. It has fridge freezer, Dishwasher, Waste disposal, Oven, Microwave, lots of plates, glasses and cutlery.

There is a washer and tumble dryer in the Suite.
Bedroom 1 has a Whirlpool Bath, Toilet and Wetroom Shower.

Bedroom 2 has a Big Double Bed.

Bedroom 3 has two Double Beds.

There is a double, fold out sofa bed in the lounge.
There is a further Bathroom (Bath with Shower above)
We have a safe.
In short, there are beds for 10!

General.
I would say that it is a decent 3 star and at £135 or so per night inc resort fees during Easter, then the price is great.
It gives you good living and sleeping space, whilst also giving the advantages of a Hotel, Big Pool, Bar, Prompt Maintenance Team, Reception, on site Pub etc etc. it also has a bus to the parks.
Imho, It is a very real alternative to a Villa, giving great advantage in travelling time to Parks, Shopping, Restaurants etc. it is also in a quiet (for Orlando) , location, being as it is ‘at the end of the road’.

Snags.
These units are clearly designed for families. They are very clean indeed, but you can find (reasonable) wear and scratches if you are looking for them.
Dishwasher is broken. (Said that they could sort it. We replied do it after we have left).
Safe Battery was indicating low. Replaced.
Thanks for the description of the apartments well detailed
welshy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jul 22, 09:36 AM  
Link to this Post
welshy
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by welshy View Post
Thanks for the description of the apartments well detailed
Hi sorry wanted to ask do you have an email address for the resort, Tia
welshy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jul 22, 12:22 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by welshy View Post
Hi sorry wanted to ask do you have an email address for the resort, Tia
gsm@lbvorlandoresort.com

Hoping this helps.

Old 23 Jul 22, 12:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

Thanks for this email - I was trying to find one, we are booked there for next year hopefully- on your recommendation - lol!
Old 23 Jul 22, 01:12 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Bootrip2 View Post
Thanks for this email - I was trying to find one, we are booked there for next year hopefully- on your recommendation - lol!
That is a very heavy responsibility for me to bear 🤪

Hoping that you have as good a time as we did!

Old 9 Apr 23, 03:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Feebee2
Imagineer

Thank you very much CFB, really enjoyed it all, binged on it this Easter Sunday afternoon.
Feebee2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 23, 12:29 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Feebee2 View Post
Thank you very much CFB, really enjoyed it all, binged on it this Easter Sunday afternoon.
Glad to hear. It is really nice to hear positives from readers. I only got an O Level in English, so clearly my efforts are not without fault!