Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Old 23 Jul 22, 12:10 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11
Restaurant Reviews: 50

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 1
If we're not doing a morning in a park, we often go to Celebration to have a long walk around the lakes, and lunch at the Town Tavern before heading to the airport.
DCL Magic, DCL Wish
BOOKED - Beach Club Villas Sept '24, Disney Treasure & POR Sept '25
TRIP REPORT INDEX
www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835984
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jul 22, 03:16 PM  
Link to this Post
papasmurf
Imagineer

Originally Posted by DisneyYoda View Post
What's mental? Prices? Crowds?

We leave at about 9pm MCO so will have same question. We'll be at Universal RPR so thinking maybe have a city walk and pool day. Just got work out hotel rules around hanging around after checkout and leaving car at car park.

Actually, just gave them a ring. All good...can leave the car, use the pool all day, there's a shower too. Sounds like a perfect way to end the holiday.
It’s busy.

But the cost is obscene. Everything is so damn expensive. And don’t get me started on the genie and lightening lane con.
papasmurf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jul 22, 03:17 PM  
Link to this Post
papasmurf
Imagineer

Originally Posted by BevS97 View Post
I'd head over to Melbourne early so I wasn't worried about traffic. Then have a nice meal or go to the mall.
I’ve no looked at Melbourne itself. Is there stuff to do?
papasmurf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jul 22, 04:29 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by papasmurf View Post
I’ve no looked at Melbourne itself. Is there stuff to do?
Themepark Bozza just uploaded a video, looks like there’s a lovley beach and tons of eateries.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jul 22, 09:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Holiday time
Serious Dibber

We did splitzville on our last day. Like you I was anxious about leaving luggage in the car but was happier parking in Disney Springs than an outdoor mall car park.

Oh and I also just returned and fully concur on the obscene cost out there, absolutely eye watering!
Holiday time is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jul 22, 09:56 PM  
Link to this Post
sparkles18
Imagineer

Originally Posted by NewtoOrlando View Post
We’re flying home from Tampa, have to drop the car back by 3.30 at the latest, and have to leave the villa at 10am. Not sure wether to drive straight down to the Tampa area, stopping at the Tampa outlets or staying in Orlando till the last minute. Leaving all the luggage in the car for a few hours while we go shopping etc makes me anxious!
We flew home from Tampa in early January and as we had to be out of the condo at 10am we drove to Denny's at Davenport for breakfast. There is an I4 junction opposite Denny's which was handy. We could see the car from inside.

The drive down was okay we hit a couple of jams and not sure if the traffic was okay due to it being a Sunday.

We drove to Westshore Plaza and spent a couple of hours there. We took all our valuables in 2 rucksacks with us. There is also a gas station there to fill up before the 5 minute journey to the airport.

It was a very stress free last day and would do the same again.
sparkles18 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jul 22, 10:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Vanillapod
Imagineer

Head over to Winter Park or Celebration, or both?

We weren’t hugely enamoured with Celebration but everyone seems to love it! It a cool
Place but during the hurricane that never was it was completely deserted and so a bit weird.
Winter Park is lovely and they have nice restaurants for a final holiday meal too

Our 2015 Food Trip Report http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=891973

Edited at 10:27 PM.
Vanillapod is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List