Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Old 17 Jul 22, 03:19 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

In all my US visits, which must by now be well over 30, I’ve only ever seen someone threaten someone with a gun once. That was in a dodgy area of St Petersberg. It was in a petrol station. He was arguing with the clerk. He didn’t have a gun actually on him. But he said he was going to go get it and come back and shoot the clerk.
Needless to say I paid and made a sharp exit!
Old 18 Jul 22, 09:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Charlangela
Imagineer

There was a shooting in a nightclub in Marbella last night, unfortunately these things can happen anywhere x
Pre Trip Report| Trip Report

Charlangela is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 22, 12:46 PM  
Link to this Post
bilbous
Getting Excited

Never really given it much thought. I find if you think too much about things like this you spend you life worrying about what ifs.
bilbous is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jul 22, 11:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

I never thought about it till I read this thread. I could pop my clogs any time so am making the most of enjoying my holidays and am not worrying about it.
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 22, 08:04 PM  
Link to this Post
skinnybaby
Apprentice Imagineer

Never really thought too much about it in the past. Ive been out on my own walking around and it didnt cross my mind until afterwards as I heard about a shooting not long after where a couple were mugged and the man shot dead.

However, this next trip will be the first with my 1 year old daughter and the thought about guns/violence in general is much more prominent in my mind.

Like the previous poster said, lifes too short as it is to let these thing stop you from doing what you love and we will go, enjoy our family holiday but just be a bit more weary.
2015 WDW - Rosen Inn Pointe Orlando + Hard Rock Hotel 2017 DLP - Sequoia Lodge 2019 WDW - Caribbean Beach Resort, Coronado Springs Resort + Rosen Inn Pointe Orlando 2021 DLP - Hotel Cheyenne 2022 WDW - All Star Music Resort, Endless Summer Resort - Dockside 2023 DLP - Sequoia Lodge Upcoming trips...2024 DLP - Santa Fe 2025 WDW - All Star Movies, Art of Animation, Sapphire Falls, Endless Summer - Dockside/Surfside
skinnybaby is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 22, 08:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
There were active shooter alerts at Universal and Florida Mall yesterday -both false alarms but don’t look good….

Moorlandman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 22, 08:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Welshjim22
Apprentice Imagineer

It's not getting worse it's been this way for sometime.
Welshjim22 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 22, 08:50 PM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Moorlandman View Post
There were active shooter alerts at Universal and Florida Mall yesterday -both false alarms but don’t look good….

I was watching all the media re. This this am with my DS being there, it was a concern & happened as he finished work. Citywalk was evacuated but Orlando police said there was no active shooter or shots fired, apparently it was a big fight in the car park which caused mass panic.

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 22, 08:53 PM  
Link to this Post
levtweeney
Imagineer

levtweeney's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Welshjim22 View Post
It's not getting worse it's been this way for sometime.
Unfortunately your wrong, and it does not make me feel good to say that

Link