Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 20 Jul 22, 04:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Mobile Anybody else doing DCL B2B?

We’re booked b2b on Wish in august and I’ve just seen the letter given to those staying onboard after the maiden voyage.

I didn’t realise that we’d have to pack if staying in the same cabin 😭 I’m guessing this is only because of the covid testing to remain onboard.

It says we need to be out of the cabin by 8am and can return at 1pm. Not sure if that was the case previously as it’s our first b2b.

Seems there were a few 100 staying onboard, I’m not surprised and think our sailing will be the same. 3 or 4 nights feels very short but making it 7 nights will be very appealing to people.

I think we’ll take extra tests with us to take before we pack so we know whether to bother doing it properly or not.
Bellasmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 22, 09:21 AM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

So from the Maiden to the DVC cruise (the 1st 2) there were around 400 B2Bs and about 100 tested positive so had to be taken off. I believe the letter is to ensure that if this worst case scenario happens crew don't have to pack up your cases before you can be shipped out of the port to a hotel/airport. I would def be taking testing kits for the cross over just for personal reassurance. I think the not being able to return to cabins is similar to what was in place last summer but never done a B2B so not sure if it was different before then
Old 21 Jul 22, 09:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by gismo1554 View Post
So from the Maiden to the DVC cruise (the 1st 2) there were around 400 B2Bs and about 100 tested positive so had to be taken off. I believe the letter is to ensure that if this worst case scenario happens crew don't have to pack up your cases before you can be shipped out of the port to a hotel/airport. I would def be taking testing kits for the cross over just for personal reassurance. I think the not being able to return to cabins is similar to what was in place last summer but never done a B2B so not sure if it was different before then
25% testing positive 😱 wow that must be gutting for them.

It seems very unfair that everyone boarding will have tested two days before then could spend the two days in packed parks but those onboard have to test at the port.
Bellasmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 22, 11:17 AM  
Link to this Post
TinkTatoo
Imagineer

TinkTatoo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 9
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Bellasmummy View Post
25% testing positive 😱 wow that must be gutting for them.

It seems very unfair that everyone boarding will have tested two days before then could spend the two days in packed parks but those onboard have to test at the port.
I get that but it works both ways, you’ll have tested 2 days before embarkation for the first cruise and could already have it by the time you board - which is what I’m guessing happened to some of the 100 who tested positive between the maiden and DVC cruises.

TinkTatoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 22, 08:10 AM  
Link to this Post
amy56
VIP Dibber

I’m not sure I’d take extra tests, what happens if you feel fine but one of your tests shows positive, you will end up ruining whatever time you have left of the first cruise?

I think you’d still have to pack anyway, because even if your test is negative, if the cruise line one is positive then they would follow that anyway.

I just think that would be added stress for your first cruise not lessened. But my opinion only of course! 😂👍
amy56 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List