Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 23 Jul 22, 08:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Snowball24 View Post
Well we found the perfect one and booked !

MSC Grandiosa ship, 12 nights Canaries cruise no fly from Southampton. Excited now we have booked but feels weird first proper break without the kids (22 and 19 by the time we go). We have a cabin with a balcony and all the food and drinks packages, looks amazing.

We checked out the MSC ship on Youtube and were blown away, it looks amazing !

Thanks all for your help
I am sure you will love it ! We just love cruises now. It’s so good knowing everything is paid before you go and there really isn’t much to plan either. It’s all done for you. It did feel strange our “kids” not being there. Soon got used to it though 😊
Smilesonfaces is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jul 22, 09:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Snowball24
Imagineer

Although now im reading negative reviews of MSC on here ! I have nothing to compare it to as never cruised, the ship looks amazing and we are dining for 2 so not concerned about sitting with others. Just want a nice experience x
Old 23 Jul 22, 09:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Although now im reading negative reviews of MSC on here ! I have nothing to compare it to as never cruised, the ship looks amazing and we are dining for 2 so not concerned about sitting with others. Just want a nice experience x
The ships do look really glamorous. I am looking for next year now. Undecided what we want really. This is the problem. Once there’s no kids to consider, no school holidays, the worlds your oyster and it makes deciding very difficult !
Smilesonfaces is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jul 22, 12:44 PM  
Link to this Post
mickeyspal
Imagineer

Dont worry ,the ships are fabulous ,weve done 2 MSC the Meriviglia and the Virtuosa
We picked up meriviglia after flying out to it and said we wouldnt do msc again for 2 reasons
1 too many announcements in 7 languages , not an issue in general but it was in the shows at the beginning and end
2 people can join the cruise at any port so everyday the main foyer was busy with people and hand luggage .
They were the only 2 negatives

When we did virtuosa it was a 4 day staycation cruise so we didnt have either of those issues.

The ships are gorgeous, the shows and the food were good, lovely pools and lots to do
You will always get negative comments on any cruise but you just need to make your own mind up, this way you will know if you like cruising ,and can look at a different one next time
mickeyspal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jul 22, 01:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Hudson
Imagineer

We've sailed MSC Divina x 2 and MSC Virtuosa x 1. Both were beautiful ships, great food, great prices, had a great time and great service.
We've sailed on Norwegian, Princess, Celebrity, Carnival and Royal Caribbean too and are booked on RC again in 4 weeks, so we have plenty to compare against
Whichever ship or cruise line you sail on there's always going to be something you preferred on a previous cruise or vice versa.
I can't think why you wouldn't like the ship or not have a fantastic time... I'm sure you will have a brilliant cruise.
Hudson is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jul 22, 02:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Snowball24
Imagineer

Thanks all cant wait
Old 24 Jul 22, 09:12 AM  
Link to this Post
Dinglebert
Imagineer

Dinglebert's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by Col&Ali View Post
I was just going to ask on the other thread! How come they were wearing jeans and hoodies yesterday? I couldn't understand that ... I would never have taken a hoody on a Med cruise in July!
I now know the answer to that question. They were not on our cruise. Their cruise same destinatons was earlier in the year.
Dinglebert is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 22, 08:17 AM  
Link to this Post
amy56
VIP Dibber

Well we found the perfect one and booked !

MSC Grandiosa ship, 12 nights Canaries cruise no fly from Southampton. Excited now we have booked but feels weird first proper break without the kids (22 and 19 by the time we go). We have a cabin with a balcony and all the food and drinks packages, looks amazing.

We checked out the MSC ship on Youtube and were blown away, it looks amazing !

Thanks all for your help
Congratulations! ❤️

We are hoping to book a transatlantic cruise tomorrow - although we’ve cruised before, this will also be our first ‘proper’ holiday without our children (they’ll be 19 and 16 when we travel!) - not sure how I feel about it either, but there’s always got to be a first I suppose! 😂👍
amy56 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List