Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 21 Apr 22, 01:52 PM  
Link to this Post
landandword17
Imagineer

Originally Posted by enjibenji View Post
Do Brooklyn bridge so your walking back over towards Manhattan at dusk to see the city lighting up, also Empire state and Top of the rock late afternoon so you can see it in the light and dark. Oh and lunch in Grand central station, you got me started now 😂
Second all of these. For the bridge walk Juliana's pizza in Brooklyn is amazing. We got the subway out, are there and then walked back.
landandword17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 22, 03:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell 1
Imagineer

We’ve been four times in December (inc returning on the 20th), once in April and once in October and I can honestly say I’ve never noticed the difference in crowd levels NY is always busy! December is my favourite time though.

We planning to book for this December but just waiting for Billy Joel to announce his December date for MSG.
Tinkerbell 1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 22, 07:22 PM  
Link to this Post
skalexander
Imagineer

Hello, me again

Still dithering, but after a manic weekend at work, I think I’m going to book. However, I want to use our virgin miles so looking at going earlier in December, to avoid having to use more miles. I’m also trying to juggle annual leave, as I’m running a bit short

In Dibbers’ experience, would there be a noticeable crowd difference between 2nd to 6th December (Friday to Tuesday) and 5th to 9th December (Monday to Friday)? I read the first weekend in December is manic but not sure if the week after would be better, or not?

I can’t go Monday to Friday the week before, as I’m booked to see Westlife on 30th November.
Old 24 Jul 22, 10:25 PM  
Link to this Post
tracy99
Imagineer

We went t 30/11 to 4/12 2018 and it was so busy.
Not sure what days we went though as i can’t remember so unsure if it was weekend days or week days but it was busy everywhere but it was amazing and I’d go back in a heartbeat at that time of year.
The area around the Xmas tree was manic and also the area where the window displays were was the same but such a fantastic atmosphere and amazing sights.
I may look to go back next year now as I’m remembering how fantastic it was.
Tracy x
Old 25 Jul 22, 05:45 PM  
Link to this Post
WIGGYSMUM
VIP Dibber

WIGGYSMUM's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I would do the Monday to Friday if you can .
We found weekends in Manhattan are very busy during December as lots of folk travel in on the weekends to shop, watch the lights etc
It will still be very busy but we found just a little less
WIGGYSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 22, 09:37 PM  
Link to this Post
skalexander
Imagineer

Originally Posted by tracy99 View Post
We went t 30/11 to 4/12 2018 and it was so busy.
Not sure what days we went though as i can’t remember so unsure if it was weekend days or week days but it was busy everywhere but it was amazing and I’d go back in a heartbeat at that time of year.
The area around the Xmas tree was manic and also the area where the window displays were was the same but such a fantastic atmosphere and amazing sights.
I may look to go back next year now as I’m remembering how fantastic it was.
Tracy x
Originally Posted by WIGGYSMUM View Post
I would do the Monday to Friday if you can .
We found weekends in Manhattan are very busy during December as lots of folk travel in on the weekends to shop, watch the lights etc
It will still be very busy but we found just a little less
Thanks both, that’s super helpful. Gonna have to shave a few days off the leave I’ve already got booked, as only got 2.5 days left 🤣
Old 26 Jul 22, 06:53 AM  
Link to this Post
mason1
Imagineer

mason1's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
Just jumping on the thread. We’re booked 16-20 December. We’ve been before in October and did most of the touristy things. Has anyone been to The Rockettes Christmas show? I really fancy this, but the rest of the family aren’t keen.
Old 26 Jul 22, 10:49 PM  
Link to this Post
tracy99
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mason1 View Post
Just jumping on the thread. We’re booked 16-20 December. We’ve been before in October and did most of the touristy things. Has anyone been to The Rockettes Christmas show? I really fancy this, but the rest of the family aren’t keen.
We went on our girls trip and each one of us really enjoyed it.
I would 100% go and watch it again if we ever go at Xmas time again,which we will definitely will do.
We got a discount code off trip advisor but I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend it.
Tracy x
Old 27 Jul 22, 08:46 AM  
Link to this Post
gl20
Apprentice Imagineer

Jumped onto this thread as we booked Club seats on Avios for weekend of 2 Dec as looking for ideas on what to do. We’ve not even worked out where to stay yet so may start a new thread on that.
gl20 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Nov 22, 09:54 PM  
Link to this Post
deeley
Imagineer

Mobile

So…did you all go?
Covid cancelled Aug 2020!
Back to NYC Dec 22
deeley is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List