Notices
Itineraries Post your Trip Itineraries here.

Old 23 Jul 22, 07:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Mandsjh
Apprentice Imagineer

None Disney - Enough to do?

Hi

We have been 4 times before onsite with ddp. I’m planning our fifth visit for august 2024 but can’t face Disney with all the changes and getting up at 7am to book rides (if you’re lucky).
We can only really afford 1 set of tickets so I’m thinking we go with discovery cove and the seaworld parks and a Kennedy visit. We will have a car and will be going for 2 weeks. I think we will fly tui so land in Melbourne.
I’m thinking of the following to try something totally different but a little anxious the Orlando leg might be light on stuff to do (without spending a fortune)

Land Melbourne
2 nights cocoa beach to look round here and do Kennedy
10 nights Orlando to do disc cove, seaworld, aquatica. We’d maybe drive to busch too
2 nights st petes to look around and maybe drive out to busch

Would you tinker with this and add more at cocoa and / or st petes?

Having never been to any of the seaworld parks would you allow 2 visits each as it’ll be august so busy and we don’t want to be hammering it too hard in one day?

I’m looking at Rosen Shingle Creek as it’s so close to the parks but also looks fabulous.

Family of 4 - kids 16&19

Thoughts appreciated
Mandsjh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 22, 05:42 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandoamber
Imagineer

Sounds lovely to me

Personally I’d probably extend one or both of the beach stays by a day as I wouldn’t be keen on two 2 night stays (very short) in the same trip.

I’d probably do 2 nights cocoa, 9 nights Orlando, 3 nights St Pete’s.

For Orlando, I’d buy the discovery cove ultimate tickets and do 1 day DC, 2 days SW, 1 Aquatica (with maybe another morning at some point), and I’d also fit in at least 1 day of Busch during this stint of the trip. So that’s at least 5 park days, plus going back to Aquatica/Seaworld when ever you wish. Kids at that age may want another day at Busch too.

Then the rest of the time could be pool days, maybe go to a sporting event, Outlets, Mall at Millenia, trip to Disney Springs etc

Would you also consider MNSSHP at Disney? That usually starts in August.

Hope this helps a bit with ideas!
orlandoamber is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 22, 06:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Mandsjh
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by orlandoamber View Post
Sounds lovely to me

Personally I’d probably extend one or both of the beach stays by a day as I wouldn’t be keen on two 2 night stays (very short) in the same trip.

I’d probably do 2 nights cocoa, 9 nights Orlando, 3 nights St Pete’s.

For Orlando, I’d buy the discovery cove ultimate tickets and do 1 day DC, 2 days SW, 1 Aquatica (with maybe another morning at some point), and I’d also fit in at least 1 day of Busch during this stint of the trip. So that’s at least 5 park days, plus going back to Aquatica/Seaworld when ever you wish. Kids at that age may want another day at Busch too.

Then the rest of the time could be pool days, maybe go to a sporting event, Outlets, Mall at Millenia, trip to Disney Springs etc

Would you also consider MNSSHP at Disney? That usually starts in August.

Hope this helps a bit with ideas!
Thank you. Yes we would definitely consider an after hours Disney event for the fix. Animal kingdom would be my first choice but any in reality would be a bonus. Good idea and I’ll keep a look out nearer the time xx
Mandsjh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 22, 07:08 PM  
Link to this Post
pritch
Apprentice Imagineer

pritch's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
coco beach you have locally Brevard zoo brevardzoo/ ( its great) and the american police hall of fame. aphf/ nice boat trip cocoabeachdolphintours/ and valiantaircommand/ worth a look veteransmemorialcenter/

further afield

bluespringadventures/blu...-park-history/ chill day out

tripadvisor/Attrac...o_Florida.html a bit different
crystalriverkayakcompany/ another good day
centralfloridazoo/ another good zoo
Liki Tiki Resort Kissimee 09, Homewood Suites 10 Disneyland Anaheim 11. Coco Key I drive 12. AKL Arusha view 16. Ramada Maingate Kissimee 16, Disney All Star Music 16 Rosen Inn Pointe Orlando 14/16/18/19/22 Serlago suites kissimmee 16 /22 Continental plaza i drive 16 Wakuhula Suites cocoa beach 16. International Palms cocoa beach 14/18/22, Hilton Cocoa Beach 08. Disney Dolphin 18
pritch is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 22, 01:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Eeyore14
Apprentice Imagineer

Eeyore14's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 7
Hi, you’ll have plenty to do normally we go for 3 weeks and maybe only go to the parks twice.
Good budget things are cycling at Lake Louisa, kayaking at Shingle Creek, Pioneer Village in Kissimmee, the Florida Citrus Tower at Clermont, Celebration (drive around look at the nice houses, then ice cream overlooking the Lake), Silvermoon drive in Cinema and Showcase of Citrus, although they might not have fruit in season in August to pick I love the orange slushies there and you can do a monster truck ride out through the ranch.
I would do Busch Gardens on your way to St Petes, I would get there for park opening as in August afternoon thunder storms will close a lot of the rides, we then head to Beachcomber at St Petes, we’ve found that a good value place you get sunbeds on the beach included (2 per room), there’s also a great beach bar there. Across the road is a restaurant called Skidders, which we thought was good value.
MNSHHP is on when we are there too this year, so we are doing that for our Magic Kingdom visit this year, as it’s cheaper than a day ticket ( we normally only do a few rides and then wander about the rest of the time anyway), we are also doing Universal HHN for the same reason.
We’re going September this year, hope it’s hot like it is in August or dh will be sad.
Old 29 Jul 22, 04:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Mandsjh
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Eeyore14 View Post
Hi, you’ll have plenty to do normally we go for 3 weeks and maybe only go to the parks twice.
Good budget things are cycling at Lake Louisa, kayaking at Shingle Creek, Pioneer Village in Kissimmee, the Florida Citrus Tower at Clermont, Celebration (drive around look at the nice houses, then ice cream overlooking the Lake), Silvermoon drive in Cinema and Showcase of Citrus, although they might not have fruit in season in August to pick I love the orange slushies there and you can do a monster truck ride out through the ranch.
I would do Busch Gardens on your way to St Petes, I would get there for park opening as in August afternoon thunder storms will close a lot of the rides, we then head to Beachcomber at St Petes, we’ve found that a good value place you get sunbeds on the beach included (2 per room), there’s also a great beach bar there. Across the road is a restaurant called Skidders, which we thought was good value.
MNSHHP is on when we are there too this year, so we are doing that for our Magic Kingdom visit this year, as it’s cheaper than a day ticket ( we normally only do a few rides and then wander about the rest of the time anyway), we are also doing Universal HHN for the same reason.
We’re going September this year, hope it’s hot like it is in August or dh will be sad.
Thank you. Some great ideas and tips
Old 21 Aug 22, 10:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Kev Harrison
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mandsjh View Post
Hi

I’m looking at Rosen Shingle Creek as it’s so close to the parks but also looks fabulous.
Shingle creek is fabulous.
Kev Harrison is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List