Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 30 Jul 22, 12:23 AM  
Link to this Post
SAFC_FTM
Proud to wear my Ears

Condo style resorts on west coast

Hi.
Just booked flights into SFO and returning from LAX for May next year for something a bit different.
Me, wife, daughter 13, son 10.

Plan is few days in SF, then head down the coast road toward San Diego making a few stops and finishing in LA for a few days.

Starting my accomodation planning and found a few favourable places on Trivago and Airbnb.

One thing I would like is an extended stay in a resort style place similar to Floridays or LBV resort and Spa which have 2 bedroom style accomodations.
Don't really care exactly where it is so long as it's between SF or San Diego, it's more about the resort.

Any dibbers know of anything that would fit the bill to save me some Google time?

TIA

Edited at 12:30 AM. Reason: Extra info added
SAFC_FTM is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 22, 06:29 AM  
Link to this Post
danisleigh
Imagineer

danisleigh's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Sorry no idea as a first timer but we are doing San Fran to LA end of April/May next year for 3 weeks, can’t wait!
Apr 98..Quality Inn, Dec 2004...hotel Cheyenne, may 2006...Emerald Island, Mar 2013..Regal Palms / AKL / Rosen Inn / HRH, Oct 14..Cypress Pointe, July 2016 Newport bay club, Aug 2016 magic med cruise, Aug 2017 SSR/Rosen pointe/HRH, Aug 19 Northern Europe Disney magic, Dec 2019...Sequoia Lodge, Xmas 2021 Rosen Plaza/HRH, May 2022 POFQ/HRH, May 2023 Disneyland LA.
danisleigh is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 22, 09:00 AM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

I have researched this route at length, booking 5 times so far (3 cancelled due to Covid) and also assisting others.

In all that research, I have not located such a resort similar to LBV Village resort and Spa, just a few Hotels with bigger pools than others and a few loungers..

I guess that most visitors are simply looking to overnight repeatedly as they travel the route and that accommodation is set up accordingly.

The most visited area of the West Coast with attractions spread out over nearly a thousand miles from SFO to San Diego is a very different vacation to Orlando, where it is all centred on a City and where many/most rarely venture outside of a 7-8 mile stretch centred on the i4 from start to finish.. some never leaving the Disney Bubble..
Even with LA, it is 100 miles by 30 or so and other than Universal and Warner Bros, everything well spread out.
I would liken the West Coast to arriving in Pensacola and driving to Key West, dipping into Orlando before flying home from KW… another brilliant vacation idea, albeit with indirects via Atlanta both ends.

I would guess that ‘Aims’ or ‘Megaflyer’ might be good bets on this.

Edited at 09:30 AM.
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 22, 10:26 AM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

The only place I can think of may fit the bill is this one

hilton/en/hotels/oxn...-beach-resort/

I have stayed here twice on business and would recommend it. 2 bedroom suites or one bedroom with sitting room and 2 baths - patio onto the pools and hot tubs or beach. Good location for whale watching tours too

Edited at 11:32 AM.
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 22, 12:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Merryweather17
Apprentice Imagineer

A quick google of HGV and Club Wyndham brought up that both brands have condo resorts in California, if you search by a brand such as these that does condo resorts you may have more luck. I have never been to Cali but am now thinking it may be worth a look and was looking for similar accommodation options.
Merryweather17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 22, 12:41 PM  
Link to this Post
SAFC_FTM
Proud to wear my Ears

Thanks for replies I will take a look into those.

Another thing I have found is a place at Oceanside called North Coast Village.
Seems to be a selection for 1, 2, 3 bed accomodations, has a pool with grill area and pretty much direct access to beach.
Looks like some of the the units are recently renovated and could be a decent choice for us.
Not exactly same as the like of Floridays but definitely the type of thing that we are looking for.

Only thing putting me off so far is the lack of AC.
I've spoken with owners and they say they've never needed AC as it cools on a night but being from north east England I tend to get a sweat on anything above 15C
SAFC_FTM is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 22, 01:11 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

A/C in May for me is a must - there may be chilly evenings but I need it during the day
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List