Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 27 Jul 22, 05:33 AM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
I think I'll wait and do the skylift on the day if the weather is good. We did the glacier in 2018 in the rain. It was ok but I don't really need to go again.

Just struggling with excursion prices as we were supposed to be going to Greece tomorrow 😭 and we weren't doing any excursions. Just getting off and walking around the local towns.

I've swapped to this cruise due to covid and it's going to end up costing loads more as need hotel / parking in southampton and feel like quite a few of the ports need a booked excursion to make the most of them. With 4 adults it all adds up!
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 22, 07:39 AM  
Link to this Post
meboo
Imagineer

Mobile

I did a Norway cruise (my favourite ever!) and didn’t book and ship excursions. It was nearly a decade ago. I wonder if we have similar ports ? Stanvanger - really lovely town where the ship docks right in the heart of the action. Weirdly DH wanted to go to the oil and gas museum, but it was actually really interesting ! Bergen - we did the HOHO bus tour which picked us up from the port. You could get yourself round as the HOHO wasn’t long, but the commentary was quite interesting. We then had a mooch round town which is pretty and a coffee (£$€ ouch !). In Olden we used the town’s booth for the glacier trip. I’m pretty sure the captain of the ship was having a laugh that the mayor owns everything there - the tour companies, the taxis. However, it was still cheaper than the ship tour. There was one of there place we went to, that I can’t recall the name of now - but there was a gentle hike up a hill and the we had an explore and found a beach next to the perfectly clear fjord. There was no one else around and it was idyllic, so my recommendation is to get off the ship and follow your nose if you don’t want a particular tour ! We were lucky with mostly dry and clear weather, but Norway is definitely a place I’d would like to revisit. Hope you have a lovely holiday
meboo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 22, 05:59 PM  
Link to this Post
holidaysaver75
Imagineer

Originally Posted by BevS97 View Post
We have just swapped cruises and some of the excursions I would have booked are now sold out. In Olden, there is Loen skylift. The ship excursion is sold out but I can see a shuttle bus with sky lift ticket available here.

oldencruise/shore-ex...ding-transfer/

Do you 'risk' independent excursions. Generally we just walk around the local town so we don't do official excursions but I have been to Olden and there isn't much there.
We paid at the port for ours with Olden Cruises and found them fine. 90% if the people on the coach were also on Iona.
holidaysaver75 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List