UK Holiday Planning & Days Out For UK Holiday planning and experiences

Old 3 Aug 22, 11:12 AM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Alnwick castle/gardens unfortunately isn't dog friendly. My lab likes making friends in Barter books though.

My fave not to long walk is Craster to Dunstanburgh castle and lunch at the Jolly Fisherman afterwards

I don't know Berwick as well, but always enjoy mooching along the walls
Old 18 Aug 22, 02:59 PM  
Link to this Post
SgtElias
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Back today from my trip with Ruby my springer to Berwick. We stayed at the castle hotel, really nice, great breakfast, near the train station and a short walk downwards into town and walks from there.

We walked over to spit tall beach one day, weather wasn’t so good, but still a lovely walk, we loved the walk around the caravan park then away from Berwick, sun was shining, lovely scenery, we got so far along then turned round and came in by the lighthouse.

Are at limoncello on the Monday, very busy, pleased I booked, still 20 minutes to get my table after the booked time. I had sea food pizza, disappointed to be honest, thought it was poor quality, left more than I ate, I assure you I’m not a fussy eater.

Tuesday I ate at atelier which is like an artisan cafe, I had a charcuterie board, I enjoyed it and a nice beer but I was hungry again later.

I had a reservation for lock stock burger place on Wednesday, in their ensue back to me,they said booking isn’t confirmed until they get in touch, I rang a couple of times on Tuesday, no answer, I went along on Wednesday for my 7:30 booking, place in darkness, obviously closed ! Why didn’t they let me know, they had my email and mobile, quite annoying.

Plan B was Amrans Indian restaurant, enjoyed that, busy in there so I would recommend booking.

Lot of the pubs have either closed down if only open selected hours, it was difficult getting a pint at times.

Didn’t let the issues above spoil our trip, enjoyed the break, Ruby certainly did, I would go back and also stay at the castle hotel again.
SgtElias is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 22, 07:35 PM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Glad you had a nice time. Were all those restaurants dog friendly? We haven’t found a dog friendly Indian yet
Old 19 Aug 22, 07:52 PM  
Link to this Post
SgtElias
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

I believe you can sit on the terrace with a dog at Limoncello Mitch, however, I leave Ruby in the room on an evening for a couple of hours while I go out, as I’ve mentioned, she is 15 and the controlled exercise we’ve done during the day means she just sleeps on an evening. All the pubs I went in were dog friendly, plus a cafe, also other cafes had signs saying dog friendly.
SgtElias is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List