Link to this Post
Em4owen
slightly serious Dibber

Plant-based Paris: DLP May/June 2022 Pre-travel Day

Trip report DLP 2022

Plant-based Paris

Pre-travel day Saturday 28th May 2022

Index

Let’s start with some introductions. I’m Emma (38) and this is my family, DH, Owen (39), and my sons Hayden (8) and Ashley (6). We last went to DLP in 2018 when we combined our stay with a week in Belgium. It was an amazing holiday. We always planned on returning to DLP but nor until after the new lands were complete but after all the Covid stuff and two cancelled Florida holidays, we were desperate for some Disney magic. We originally booked this holiday for May 2021 but were forced to rebook for this year. We also have Florida booked for August 2022.

For this holiday, we booked 4 nights at Newport Bay Club and travelled via the Eurostar from King’s Cross. We decided to book an overnight stay in London as our Eurostar was at 10.31am which is where I have decided to start our trippie. The title is because I’m vegan and everyone else is vegetarian so food will feature a lot. I hope other vegans/veggies will find it useful.

I am taking part in Tough Mudder in September so I decided to do a 4 mile run before we left. We spent the rest of the morning packing and cleaning as like others on here, I like to return to a clean house. Owen got a few last things from the shops and we left home at 2pm.
We decided to drive to Stratford where we had pre-booked the station car park and then get a train to King’s Cross. That way we avoided the underground and knew our car would be in a secure place.

We arrived at Stratford just before 3pm and then walked over to Stratford International (about 2 minutes). We only waited 10 minutes for a train. It seems we had lucked out as all the trains had been delayed by signal issues and someone trespassing on the line! The train took 7 minutes and we arrived at St Pancras. We stopped off at Boots for some calpol sachets and the boys were treated to magazines and Lego mini figures muppets blind bags with the instructions that they were for tomorrow for the Eurostar.

We walked over to our hotel, the Premier Inn, which was on Euston Road, opposite the British Library. It was now 4pm and we were checked into room 624. The room was nice and big, and to the usual Premier Inn standards.

The view from our room and lots to famous buildings to spot!

We chilled out and watched Mr Bean: the Movie. We decided to order Temple of Seitan for dinner. I’ve always wanted to try it and there was a branch near King’s Cross. We used uber eats to order and then Owen walked over to collect it. We got popcorn chicken for the boys to share, I got a wrap and Owen a burger. Then we got fries, mac and cheese and a biscoff brownie to share. It was absolutely delicious – I loved the herb flavouring. We were all very full afterwards.

After dinner, we got the boys ready for bed. They took a long time to settle and fell asleep around 8pm. I read my kobo and followed soon after.

Edited at 08:05 PM.
Em4owen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 22, 06:45 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Em4owen View Post
Trip report DLP 2022

Plant-based Paris

Pre-travel day Saturday 28th May 2022

Index

Let’s start with some introductions. I’m Emma (38) and this is my family, DH, Owen (39), and my sons Hayden (8) and Ashley (6). We last went to DLP in 2018 when we combined our stay with a week in Belgium. It was an amazing holiday. We always planned on returning to DLP but nor until after the new lands were complete but after all the Covid stuff and two cancelled Florida holidays, we were desperate for some Disney magic. We originally booked this holiday for May 2021 but were forced to rebook for this year. We also have Florida booked for August 2022.

For this holiday, we booked 4 nights at Newport Bay Club and travelled via the Eurostar from King’s Cross. We decided to book an overnight stay in London as our Eurostar was at 10.31am which is where I have decided to start our trippie. The title is because I’m vegan and everyone else is vegetarian so food will feature a lot. I hope other vegans/veggies will find it useful.

I am taking part in Tough Mudder in September so I decided to do a 4 mile run before we left. We spent the rest of the morning packing and cleaning as like others on here, I like to return to a clean house. Owen got a few last things from the shops and we left home at 2pm.
We decided to drive to Stratford where we had pre-booked the station car park and then get a train to King’s Cross. That way we avoided the underground and knew our car would be in a secure place.

We arrived at Stratford just before 3pm and then walked over to Stratford International (about 2 minutes). We only waited 10 minutes for a train. It seems we had lucked out as all the trains had been delayed by signal issues and someone trespassing on the line! The train took 7 minutes and we arrived at St Pancras. We stopped off at Boots for some calpol sachets and the boys were treated to magazines and Lego mini figures muppets blind bags with the instructions that they were for tomorrow for the Eurostar.

We walked over to our hotel, the Premier Inn, which was on Euston Road, opposite the British Library. It was now 4pm and we were checked into room 624. The room was nice and big, and to the usual Premier Inn standards.

The view from our room and lots to famous buildings to spot!

We chilled out and watched Mr Bean: the Movie. We decided to order Temple of Seitan for dinner. I’ve always wanted to try it and there was a branch near King’s Cross. We used uber eats to order and then Owen walked over to collect it. We got popcorn chicken for the boys to share, I got a wrap and Owen a burger. Then we got fries, mac and cheese and a biscoff brownie to share. It was absolutely delicious – I loved the herb flavouring. We were all very full afterwards.

After dinner, we got the boys ready for bed. They took a long time to settle and fell asleep around 8pm. I read my kobo and followed soon after.
Love a night in a hotel the day before travelling, time for the excitement to build!

I’m not a vegetarian or vegan but that food looks gorgeous!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 22, 06:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Jaybeez
Imagineer

Jaybeez's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I’ve never heard of Temple of Seitan, but that food looks amazing, I’ve made a note of it for our trip in October. I’m looking forward to the rest of your report 😀
Jaybeez is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 22, 07:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Em4owen
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Jaybeez View Post
I’ve never heard of Temple of Seitan, but that food looks amazing, I’ve made a note of it for our trip in October. I’m looking forward to the rest of your report 😀
They have several locations across London now. It was so good, highly recommend it
Old 28 Jul 22, 07:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Em4owen
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Nanna Frozen View Post
Love a night in a hotel the day before travelling, time for the excitement to build!

I’m not a vegetarian or vegan but that food looks gorgeous!
Yes it was a lovely bonus. We've never done that before but are doing it again for our Florida trip too.
Old 5 Aug 22, 05:16 PM  
Link to this Post
P&S
Imagineer

Nice smooth pre travel day Just got to love a Premier Inn stay
Old 6 Aug 22, 08:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Em4owen
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by P&S View Post
Nice smooth pre travel day Just got to love a Premier Inn stay
The boys are absolutely obsessed with Premier Inns. They are their favourite hotels to stay at. I suspect the breakfast buffet has something to do with it 😆
Old 9 Sep 22, 08:12 PM  
Link to this Post

We’re vegetarians and temple of seitan is our absolute fave!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 22, 10:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Em4owen
slightly serious Dibber

It's soo good isn't it?