Old 30 Jul 22, 05:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Em4owen
slightly serious Dibber

Plant-based Paris May/June 2022 Day 2

Plant-based Paris May/June 2022

Day Two: Tuesday 31st May: Studios Park and Cape Cod

Index is here

We set the alarm for 7am and had breakfast in the room again- mint tea, cereal bars and croissants. We left promptly at 8am ready for extra magic hours. There was a long queue for security into the village and also at the Studios Park.

The plan was for Owen and Ashley to do Crush's Coaster as it always has long wait times. They ran for it while Hayden and I strolled over to Ratatouille. This was a walk on and when we came out, the queues were already building. Next Hayden and I went on the Aladdin Magic Carpet ride. Again, a walk on and barely anyone there. We explored the Monsters Inc bit while we waited for Owen and Ashley.

They were soon done – about a 30 minute wait which had now risen to 2 hours!

Owen and the boys wanted to ride the Quatre Cars ride. I suffer from motion sickness and always worry this will be too much for me so I held the bags. They queued for about 5-10 minutes.

Then we headed over to Toy Story Land. It was really busy with long waits already. Ashley wanted to go on Slinky Dog but Hayden didn’t. It was a 15-20 minute wait. Owen went on with him while we waited. By this point, it was 9.40 and most rides had long wait times above 45 minutes already, I couldn’t believe it!

We decided to queue for the Marvel character meet as we’d read this had long waits and was only for a couple of hours. It opened at 9.45am, I think and had a long queue already. Loki and Black Panther came out but we were told the characters switched every 30 minutes so we could get them or Captain America and Black Widow. After an hour’s wait, it switched back to Loki and Black Panther. The interaction was lovely and they were both very nice.

After this, we found a Photopass Photographer who took our photos in front of the Partner’s Statue.

We watched Stitch Live next, the 11.15am show. We’ve never done this before and it was really funny. However I think once you’ve done it, you’ve done it as I’m sure the jokes are the same! We tried to queue for Mickey at the Magician for the 12 showing but at 11.30am, it was full. I tried to book tickets for the next show but it kept crashing. We decided to watch the new Disney Junior Live show at 12. We walked in no problem and the boys liked it although I do think they’re getting a bit old for it!

Next we headed back to Mickey and the Magician to try at queue for the 1.05 show. It was 12.30 and we were able to get in! I fed the boys snacks in the line to keep them happy. This show was one of my goals. When we went in 2017, Ashley cried for most of it so I didn’t get to watch it properly so really wanted my opportunity this time. It was really good and I remembered quite a bit so I didn’t miss that much last time.

Next, we realised we were desperate for lunch. I’d read about a vegan stall but it was closed! The queues for other options were massive so we decided to leave and try the village. The village was much quieter and we settled on Planet Hollywood. It was 2pm by this point. We waited quite a while for drinks and then the food followed afterwards. The boys had massive pizzas which they couldn’t finish. 1 between them would have been better. Owen and I got vegan kebab burgers. These were massive. I wanted the vegan bolognese but they didn’t have it. The kebab was nice but far too much faux meat and I would have liked some vegetables!

Huge pizza!

Ashley wanted a desert so had an ice cream but Hayden got very desperate to leave. He complained it was too loud. It later transpired that he’d seen a clip of the Alien film on one of the screens and it had scared him. Poor thing and I completely understand why.

Next we went in the lego shop and Hayden got some mini figures. We decided to go back to the Studios Park to ride the other Cars ride, the tram tour. Nothing to write home about but the boys liked it.

We decided to call it a day at this point as it was so busy and we’d done everything we really wanted to.

It was 4pm by now and we had a reservation at Cape Cod at 6pm so decided to go to our hotel pool. This was lovely and much needed down time. They had some floats for the boys to play with and we tried out the inside and outside pools. It also had a nice whirlpool. We left at 5.30pm to get ready for dinner at Cape Cod.

There was a long queue to get into Cape Cod as I think it opened at 6pm. It moved quickly and we were soon seated. It was a buffet and had some lovely vegan and vegetarian options including a stir fry, vegan meatballs, pasta, salad and a vegan desert.

Veggie deserts

Vegan deserts

After dinner, we headed up to meet today’s character in the convention area which was Pluto. The queue was longer this time and took longer to move.

It was late by the time we’d finished so the boys went straight to bed at 9pm. Owen headed out to the parks again on his own.

Edited at 05:45 PM.
Em4owen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 22, 05:39 PM  
Link to this Post
P&S
Imagineer

Some lovely pictures today and lots of rides done

That pizza was massive! All your other food looks lovely and fresh
Old 6 Aug 22, 08:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Em4owen
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by P&S View Post
Some lovely pictures today and lots of rides done

That pizza was massive! All your other food looks lovely and fresh
Yes, really they should have shared it. We loved all the food we had. I must admit, I returned slightly heavier ☺️