Old 30 Jul 22, 06:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Em4owen
slightly serious Dibber

Plant-based Paris May/June 2022 Day 4

Plant-based Paris May/June 2022

Day Four: Going Home and Plaza Gardens – Thursday 2nd June

The index is here

The alarm woke us at 6.45am so we could finish packing and be ready for our 8.15am breakfast at Plaza Gardens. Whilst doing this, we discovered a hidden cupboard next to the TV that had all the tea and kettle stuff, oops!

We went down to leave our luggage at the hotel around 7.30am and queued to get through security. They didn’t let us through until nearly 8am so I was panicking about our reservation. We discovered you go to the right side to get into the park early for the breakfast. Main Street was empty so we got a photo.

We were one of the first into the restaurant and had barely gotten any food when Tigger arrived, closely followed by Gepato and Rabbit. There was a short wait and then came Captain Hook, Pinocchio and Smee. It was a brief interaction but we think it’s a great way to meet lots of characters and some unusual ones too!

My poor attempt at breakfast!

We finished breakfast at 9am so still had some extra magic hours left. We went to Buzz first, which was a walk on and then Orbitron which was a 30 minute wait. I always feel like I’m going to fall out of this ride!

At 9.50am we queued up for meeting Darth Vader which opened at 10am. We only waited a few minutes once it opened. A great interaction but the boys were speechless which makes a change!

After this, Ashley and I rode Star Tours as Hayden didn’t want to do it. We discovered you could meet Phantom Mickey so did this. Again, a shorter wait, around 20 minutes.

Then we all went on Phantom Manor again (the favourite ride it would seem). After this, we rode the Molly Brown steamship. I took lots of photos!

It was time for lunch so we thought we’d try Last Chance Cafe as it was nearby. Again, we decides to share. We got vegan chilli, 2 fries, nachos and two ice creams for the boys. We found a table to eat outside in the sunshine. The chilli was absolutely delicious.

We then looked in the shop in Frontierland and bought some final souvenirs including some Mickey ears for Ashley. We then decided to queue for Rafiki and Timon. As it was so hot, we bought two pineapple whips to enjoy while we waited. This was about a 40 minute wait. The interaction was brilliant too.

Pineapple whip!

The boys wanted to explore Adventure Isle so we did that again and visited the Christmas shop.

We discovered another magic shot, of the castle so did this.

Then the boys chose to watch Philharmagic again as our final attraction.

We stopped in the shop at Disney Village and Earl of Sandwich for our dinner on the way back to the hotel. We got our luggage from the hotel. We missed the first bus to the station which was full so had to wait another 20 minutes for the next one. This was quiet and empty. We got to the station around 3.30pm and then joined the long queue for ticket checking, security and passports.

We were able to board the train straightaway, around 5.10pm so had loads of time. We ate our food and departed around 6pm. At 6.30pm, our food was bought round. It was a choice of soft/alcoholic drinks, water ,pesto pasta and a chocolate cake thing. For me, they got me vegan sweets and a vegan baguette from the cafe which was really yummy. I was stuffed from my two dinners!

We played colour brain again, the boys listened to music and I read my book. We arrived back at St Pancras at 7.30pm UK time. We has to go through border control and then waited for the 8.12pm to Stratford. After a quick 10 minute journey, we were back to our car. We got home around 9.15pm. The boys had both fallen asleep in the car so we put them straight to bed. We unpacked everything and then Owen and I followed. We were exhausted!

Thank you for reading my trippie. I hope you have found it useful and picked up some tips
Old 30 Jul 22, 09:17 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Great trippie. Although it’s slightly panicking me now for the wait times we will have at Christmas.
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 22, 08:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Em4owen
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by vampiress88 View Post
Great trippie. Although it’s slightly panicking me now for the wait times we will have at Christmas.
I'm thinking it was busy because it was one of the first school holidays Brits could go since restrictions had been removed. I'm sure things would have calmed down by the time you go 🙂
Old 5 Aug 22, 06:36 PM  
Link to this Post
P&S
Imagineer

What a fabulous last day Such brilliant character meetings and you did so much

Lovely smooth journey home as well

Thank you for writing this I have enjoyed reading it
Old 6 Aug 22, 08:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Em4owen
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by P&S View Post
What a fabulous last day Such brilliant character meetings and you did so much

Lovely smooth journey home as well

Thank you for writing this I have enjoyed reading it
Thank you so much for reading it. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

I worked out we met 18 characters- a new record for us! We hope to top this when we go to Florida shortly 😁