Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 9 Aug 22, 11:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by TheBounce View Post
Thanks folks. Will steer clear. Personally, I thought other places looked more suitable for us anyway but I just wanted to double-check it wasn't a "must do" at least once type place. Not sure how much we'll use our PhotoPass this time tbh as we aren't doing character meals etc
I got about 200 photopass photos during my 2019 trip and didn't do any character meals. The photographers are all around the parks and as a solo visitor it was great not having to ask people to take photos of me with my camera.
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 22, 01:03 PM  
Link to this Post
lpd222
Trainee Dibber

Think I'm going against the grain here but we love it. We only go for lunch so it's the QS menu & we always ask to be sat in the room with the rose. It's a must do on our holidays every time.

Saying that I wouldn't pay the prices in the evening but we love it for lunch.
lpd222 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 22, 01:06 PM  
Link to this Post
marlouwrig
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by lpd222 View Post
Think I'm going against the grain here but we love it. We only go for lunch so it's the QS menu & we always ask to be sat in the room with the rose. It's a must do on our holidays every time.

Unless it's changed very recently it's no longer QS for lunch at Be Our Guest, but Prix Fixe same as dinner sadly. We gave it a miss this year

DVC Member BCV, BLT & VGC
marlouwrig is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 22, 05:34 PM  
Link to this Post
TheBounce
Helping Minnie

Originally Posted by marlouwrig View Post
Unless it's changed very recently it's no longer QS for lunch at Be Our Guest, but Prix Fixe same as dinner sadly. We gave it a miss this year
Yes, I noticed that. I was only really looking due to location and the fact we've done CRT but knew BOG to be another that was hailed as being on an equal footing. I think, given the price and feedback on here, we'll swerve it anyway. Thanks for the response.
TheBounce is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 22, 05:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

They haven’t done the QS for lunch definitely since the pandemic started in 2020. I am not even sure if there was a QS lunch in September 2019 when we were last there (prior to recent trip) but there could have been.

I think if QS was still available there would have been some different answers as to whether it was worth it.
Claudette is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 22, 06:14 PM  
Link to this Post
The Muggles
Helping Donald

We did dinner there in June this year. It is expensive but the food was lovely. Steak, octopus, French onion soup, pork. We used our dining gift card to pay for it. We've done breakfast in past years but that is not offered now
Old 11 Aug 22, 06:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

There hasn't been a QS lunch since it re-opened. It's the same prix fixe menu as dinner and the same price.
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 22, 10:27 PM  
Link to this Post
lpd222
Trainee Dibber

Oh no 🙈
The last time we were there was 2019. Our last trip was cancelled due to covid & we’ve only just got round to rebooking for May next year.
That’s taken the jam right out of my doughnut 😂
lpd222 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 22, 10:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridadreams
Imagineer

Mobile

There was definitely QS lunch up until Covid - we went in February 2020. It was an absolute must-do for us as dd & I are massive fans. Even then we couldn’t justify the dinner menu! The theming is excellent and the food was good. But it is large canteen style rooms and I think we’d have been disappointed paying out for the fixed price menu
Floridadreams is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 22, 08:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Scotsmomma2
Imagineer

We thought it was over priced,over salted and overrated,and the grey stuff ain't delicious.
Scotsmomma2 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List