Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 9 Aug 22, 10:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Leia Organa
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Melbatb View Post
My DD was able to log on to UCAS this morning to accept her unconditional offer (she had changed slightly her degree) - so very real now!

Are there any Scottish results this morning!?
That’s good news!
My son got the results he needed for his place at Glasgow Uni!
Leia Organa is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 22, 11:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Leia Organa View Post
That’s good news!
My son got the results he needed for his place at Glasgow Uni!
Great news! He must be thrilled!

Index of my trip reports
2016 Quebec - Kuala Lumpar - New York City 2017 Dubai - Eurocamps France - Ontario and Quebec - So-Cal 2018 Montreal - Bangkok - New England 2019 Argentina - Quebec City - Hong Kong - 2020 Switzerland 2022 Arizona - Costa Med Cruise - Oslo 2023 Hong Kong - Gothenburg
Melbatb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 22, 01:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Leia Organa
Excited about Disney

Great news! He must be thrilled!
Thanks. Yes he’s really looking forward to starting. A few of his closest friends are going to the same Uni.
Leia Organa is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 22, 02:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

Thanks. Yes he’s really looking forward to starting. A few of his closest friends are going to the same Uni.
That makes the transition a little easier. My DD is moving countries so is a little anxious about it but excited too. She was so happy to see her “Place confirmed” on her UCAS this morning!

We started her shopping (most of it will have to be done when we take her)- a new winter coat (we live in the south of France ) and the new pens!
Melbatb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 22, 02:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Leia Organa
Excited about Disney

That makes the transition a little easier. My DD is moving countries so is a little anxious about it but excited too. She was so happy to see her “Place confirmed” on her UCAS this morning!

We started her shopping (most of it will have to be done when we take her)- a new winter coat (we live in the south of France ) and the new pens!
That’s a big move for her. It is lovely to see it confirmed on UCAS.
My daughter was due to be doing an exchange to Winnipeg this year and already had bought a warm Rab coat. In the end she decided not to go but the jacket was invaluable!
Old 9 Aug 22, 03:06 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Still another nervous week to wait here. DD is off on her first holiday without us. So hopefully she will be too busy to worry but I would like to know now. If feels like a long anxious wait.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 22, 04:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

Mobile

That’s a big move for her. It is lovely to see it confirmed on UCAS.
My daughter was due to be doing an exchange to Winnipeg this year and already had bought a warm Rab coat. In the end she decided not to go but the jacket was invaluable!
Rab coats are fab! This was a North Face one from the outlets where we are on holiday (Italian Lakes!). When we saw there was a shop there we knew it would be the best place to find one! It goes down to her thighs so good for those rainy days!

Index of my trip reports
2016 Quebec - Kuala Lumpar - New York City 2017 Dubai - Eurocamps France - Ontario and Quebec - So-Cal 2018 Montreal - Bangkok - New England 2019 Argentina - Quebec City - Hong Kong - 2020 Switzerland 2022 Arizona - Costa Med Cruise - Oslo 2023 Hong Kong - Gothenburg
Old 9 Aug 22, 04:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by BevS97 View Post
Still another nervous week to wait here. DD is off on her first holiday without us. So hopefully she will be too busy to worry but I would like to know now. If feels like a long anxious wait.
I think the last week is the worst- though over here the results are out quickly!

Hope your DD is having fun on holiday!

Index of my trip reports
Old 9 Aug 22, 09:26 PM  
Link to this Post
sarah4dogs
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Canoeing fairy View Post
My daughter had to accept her accommodation offer in June at her firm choice, even though she has a conditional offer.
We even had to pay a deposit for the accommodation. They said it was refundable if the place was not confirmed. I am not sure if all universities run their accommodation like this.
It does seem odd to pay a deposit so far in advance of the a level results.

We had to do the same. Not too bad for us as we have a unconditional place (DS took a year out).

He had a email today to say he could move in 2 days earlier if he wanted (at the cost of approx £23 per night!). It’s nice to have a plan. He will be moving away on his birthday and has plans to go out with friends who already live in Bristol. 37 days to go back

Thinking of those still waiting for results x
sarah4dogs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 22, 09:36 AM  
Link to this Post
ansi41
VIP Dibber

I have just been on UCAS and DS place has just been confirmed at Backstage Academy studying Live Events Production .
It is a massive achievement for him as he has aspergers and anxiety but I think it will be the making of him.
He is really looking forward to the course but not so much being away from home and looking after himself. But we are only an hour away so he can come home whenever he wants, no doubt with piles of washing .
ansi41 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List