Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 6 Aug 22, 12:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Universalnewbie
Staying in the Castle

Great thanks, I'll just drop them an email.
Universalnewbie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 22, 10:00 AM  
Link to this Post
ScottUTAH
Excited about Disney

My dates have gone up slightly (September) but came down drastically 2 months beforehand. Saved just under a grand on car hire.

Edit
Just did a dummy book for October dates, just over £500 more than what we're paying. But when we first looked at prices (6 months ago) Alamo wanted 5k for it. So huge difference still.

Edited at 10:06 AM.
ScottUTAH is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 22, 11:28 AM  
Link to this Post
ExplorerRuss
Earning More Ears

I've been doing exactly the same for October, booked and hoping it comes down nearer the time. I'm a bit sceptical as my booking is over Columbus day, apparently this is a very busy period.
ExplorerRuss is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 22, 05:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Jarra
Proud to wear my Ears

Sorry for bumping my own thread but I’ve noticed that rather than head South, prices are seemingly continuing to increase for October this year. Is anyone seeing any different?
Jarra is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 22, 08:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Maindrain
Trainee Dibber

I've checked mine today, some sites are nearly double what I have paid.

When the dollar rate got to $1.20 last week I paid the balance. Happy with what I have paid. It does seem to be going up.

Multiple trips since 1991, and EuroDisney just the once!
OK, I like Florida.
Maindrain is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 22, 10:30 AM  
Link to this Post
luckystrikes
slightly serious Dibber

We are going end of September start of October and our price has been creeping up lately.
luckystrikes is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 22, 11:07 AM  
Link to this Post
dan223
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Jarra View Post
Sorry for bumping my own thread but I’ve noticed that rather than head South, prices are seemingly continuing to increase for October this year. Is anyone seeing any different?
Prices are going up for ours as well, Mid-Sep to early Oct. Secure a price you are happy with, keep checking it, and then cancel/modify if it goes down. Don't leave it too late and you end up with a very expensive car option or don't get one at all.
dan223 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 22, 03:42 PM  
Link to this Post
jclutton
Very Serious Dibber

I check daily and I’m glad I did, locked my 14 hire in for £800 and now they are going up everyday, todays price is £1400. I’m hoping they drop nearer the time but glad I’ve got one in reserve, still a lot more than we have paid in previous trips.
jclutton is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 22, 03:44 PM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

My October car hire came down £70 yesterday. This was the first time in months of checking. I cancelled and rebooked.
USCarHire seem to be the cheapest of any at the minute for both our October and May trips.

Edited at 05:10 PM.
tspill is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 22, 04:25 PM  
Link to this Post
floridasarah
VIP Dibber

floridasarah's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Just checked our dates on UScarhire and DFCH and both are more expensive.

We managed to get
30/9/22 - 14/10/22
intermediate SUV £606
floridasarah is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List