Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 8 Aug 22, 09:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Flubberlump
Having Dinner with Goofy

Am I crazy?

Hi all, long time no see. Haven't been active on here since my last trip in 2014! That was just me and my now husband.
We now have 2 little ones and I'm itching to get back. I have that awful homesick feeling. Would be great to go before my eldest starts school in 2023 so I'm trying to find deals and persuade hubby 😄

So. Am I crazy to be considering a 9h flight with a 4 year old and 2 year old who've never flown? We're thinking early May to beat the heat and the crowds. Probably 2 weeks and I would imagine all the Disney parks and maybe Kennedy as a start. My eldest is disney mad and really wants to go on a plane!

If I can find flights and accommodation cheap enough I might actually be able to convince his lordship to go!
Flubberlump is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 22, 09:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Andysaurus
Apprentice Imagineer

Yes, yes you are but go for it lol Life's too short. This whole covid, monkey pox, Ukraine invasion and what not has taught me to be more impulsive. If you want to do something and have the opportunity to do it then do it. You never know what's around the corner.
Andysaurus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 22, 09:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Flubberlump
Having Dinner with Goofy

😂thank you! I know it would be a totally different holiday to the last one but my god I NEED to go back. Pretty sure I leave a piece of me there each time I go.

Totally agree that life's too short. Trying to get a rough idea of prices together to see whether we can actually afford it.
Flubberlump is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 22, 12:03 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Depends on what you want really as to the prices. Like I know full well and so does hubby who is paying for it that if we wanted cheaper we could have but there were certain tickets and the type of accommodation we wanted that we weren’t going to compromise on.

We go end of May, we did it in June last time and enjoyed it.

I took my two who were 3 and 4 at the time.
So no I don’t think you are mad actually but it does all depend on what you want, how your kids are in general and their heights for rides etc.
also where you want to stay, fly from, need a car etc

Only reason we have been able to book this one is we found a hack that gryff does for the car hire that made it possible
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 22, 07:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Flubberlump
Having Dinner with Goofy

We've found some prices we're happy with.
The kids are great to be honest. I'm not too worried about it, we did a 9 hour drive on a uk holiday kast year and they were brilliant.

We'd definitely be hiring a car. What the car hire hack? I'm intrigued 🤔
Old 10 Aug 22, 08:38 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Flubberlump View Post
We've found some prices we're happy with.
The kids are great to be honest. I'm not too worried about it, we did a 9 hour drive on a uk holiday kast year and they were brilliant.

We'd definitely be hiring a car. What the car hire hack? I'm intrigued 🤔
We have a villa so definitely needed a car and they were all over £2k at that point. So there is a thread on here about hertz winter haven.
Basically it’s a mess about but saves loads.
So I’ve had to get 1 day hire from Orlando airport, dropping it back at winter haven the next day then at the exact same time collect the same type of car (we have Intermediate 5 Seater SUV) from that winter haven place then we have it for the rest of the holiday and return it to Orlando airport. It’s cost us about £850. It’s through hertz but I wasn’t sure about that company so I’ve gone with DFCH which is on here, Andy has booked it for me, he has great feedback and trust pilot so I think I’m in good hands. Plus if when we get to it we can find a good deal for just straight with Orlando airport and no messing then Andy can change it for us.

So what deal have you seen?
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 22, 10:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Flubberlump
Having Dinner with Goofy

Ok thanks that's good to know about!

The deal we had seen was 14 days in a suite on 192, flights for the 4 of us, car hire with top insurance package for around £3600. We were happy with it BUT have since discussed further and decided to wait until till 2024. It'll give us more time to save, hopefully things will settle a bit more covid wise etc. It'll mean our youngest will be 3 when we go so will cost us a but more in park tickets but it seems much more feasible to wait another year.
Let the planning commence!
Old 14 Aug 22, 08:39 AM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Flubberlump View Post
Ok thanks that's good to know about!

The deal we had seen was 14 days in a suite on 192, flights for the 4 of us, car hire with top insurance package for around £3600. We were happy with it BUT have since discussed further and decided to wait until till 2024. It'll give us more time to save, hopefully things will settle a bit more covid wise etc. It'll mean our youngest will be 3 when we go so will cost us a but more in park tickets but it seems much more feasible to wait another year.
Let the planning commence!
Mine was 3 and half when we first went and luckily it all went easier as she didn’t need as many naps and understood more when she wasn’t big enough to ride etc. I originally wanted to wait till she was 5. Glad i didn’t now.

That was a good deal you found. Mine came to £6000 for the flights,villa and car
Old 14 Aug 22, 08:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Roses
VIP Dibber

We have travelled with our children all over the world since they were babies. Go for it you only live once and as long as your prepared they will be fine.

Enjoy your planning and bear in mind with little legs will both need a stroller. Always make sure you have a drink for coming into land as little ones sometimes.struggle.to clear their ears and this is a quick way to relieve it for them.
Roses is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 22, 10:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Flubberlump
Having Dinner with Goofy

Originally Posted by vampiress88 View Post
Mine was 3 and half when we first went and luckily it all went easier as she didn’t need as many naps and understood more when she wasn’t big enough to ride etc. I originally wanted to wait till she was 5. Glad i didn’t now.

That was a good deal you found. Mine came to £6000 for the flights,villa and car
When we go they will be 3 and 5, and our youngest should be over the 99cm height requirement for some rides which he wouldn't be if we went 2023. I'm glad we're giving ourselves extra time to plan and save. Last time it was just the 2 of us and we still booked 18 months ahead 😂

Apparently villa prices have gone up a lot since covid. They used to be not much more than a hotel or suite!