Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 15 Feb 22, 10:47 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyMemories
Apprentice Imagineer

Evening Club room offerings:

All very nice. Hot option was chicken and wedges. There were various salads, cold meats and bread rolls too.
5 wine options - 2 red, 2 white, 1 rose. I only tried the rose (twice to make sure) which was good. 3 beers, peroni but didn’t note what else.
Spirits were $10.
They were very generous with the wine pour.

I’d definitely book Portofino Bay again- 1 small thing, our room is a different floor to the club lounge plus quite a walk, so that might not be ideal for everyone.
DisneyMemories is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 22, 10:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
The club level breakfast and dinner options look pretty good really. Lovely snacky bits and lots of beer and wine by the sounds of it. Shame it's a bit of a trek to get there though.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 22, 11:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
The Club Level food looks fab - love the asparagus with the Mac n cheese plate 😍 it is always best to check the wine, good to see that the second glass was a good as the first. 😉 the chilli cheese fries with the plastic cheese looks so good! You are off to a great start. 😁
Sparksy72 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 22, 09:09 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyMemories
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
The club level breakfast and dinner options look pretty good really. Lovely snacky bits and lots of beer and wine by the sounds of it. Shame it's a bit of a trek to get there though.
Everything so far has been great - its just a few mins walk and down two floors but might be a bit much for some.
DisneyMemories is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 22, 09:10 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyMemories
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Sparksy72 View Post
The Club Level food looks fab - love the asparagus with the Mac n cheese plate 😍 it is always best to check the wine, good to see that the second glass was a good as the first. 😉 the chilli cheese fries with the plastic cheese looks so good! You are off to a great start. 😁
I think I over indulged in asparagus - it was so good.
I felt I needed to do vigorous wine testing 🙂
Old 15 Feb 22, 09:22 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyMemories
Apprentice Imagineer

Much the same breakfast this morning.

There was also breakfast wraps and potatoes.
I wasn’t a huge fan of the coffee.
Pastries were lovely. DC also had cereal.

Went straight to Hagrid’s motorcycle ride but I don’t think this is a good use of the early hour. We waited 90 mins and the queue time was less later. It was really good fun but can’t believe we waited that long, we normally have a 30 minute limit. Lesson learnt !

Upgraded our passes to AP (3x seasonal and 1x preferred) - paid $681 which I think was a bit more than we should have but didn’t want to waste any more holiday time on this. Exciting anyway 🙂
Old 15 Feb 22, 09:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
The pastries look lovely, shame about the coffee. You must be pleased to have sorted your annual passes too. 😁 The wait time for Hagrid’s was quite long but it is such a great ride, I’m sure you had a great time.
Sparksy72 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 22, 10:02 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyMemories
Apprentice Imagineer

DS was feeling a little peaky, probably too much sugar (know the feeling). He liked the look of the thunder falls menu so we popped in for rotisserie chicken. DH decided he liked the look of it too: 2 pieces of chicken with 2 sides was $16 per portion (total $32). A generous size hence DD and I sampled some too. The sweet corn had a spicy glaze and was delicious.

Cocktail count has been dismal so we ordered daiquiris.

From one of the food booths - not great tbh, tasted very like pre mixed supermarket drinks, $17 for both.

Still a bit chilly but DD was keen for pool time. We called on the club lounge for water and spotted these:

And we somehow found room for sugar cookies 😳

By the pool now, DD keen for me to go in - will need cocktail to warm up.
Old 15 Feb 22, 10:35 PM  
Link to this Post
theCMG
Imagineer

theCMG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Cocktails, now we're talking what flavour daiquiri was it - pineapple? or is it a classic one (I had to look this up - rum, lime juice and sugar syrup which sounds like something I need to make!)?
The Prisoner of Vineland Mall (2019) Orlando passion, romance and fine dining...ok so it's mainly eating
Scream if you want to go Fatter! (2018) This report contains images some dieters may find distressing!
The 12 Days of Easter (2015) Rumoured to contain up to one good joke. Let me know if you find it

Edited at 10:38 PM.
theCMG is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 22, 12:38 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyMemories
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by theCMG View Post
Cocktails, now we're talking what flavour daiquiri was it - pineapple? or is it a classic one (I had to look this up - rum, lime juice and sugar syrup which sounds like something I need to make!)?
I’ve just realised it was a mojito - definitely sounds like a classic would be something good to make.