Notices

Old 1 Jun 21, 12:42 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Highland fling:Madness on the NC500

Well this is a trip report I never would have thought I would write.

We had said we weren’t bothering with a holiday this year that there wasn’t any point and I was hanging on for Disney in May ‘22 hopefully but after Disney and cruise last year and the cruise this year being cancelled we are all itching to get out.

Nearly 8 ago before I got pregnant with my first child both me and hubby had motorbikes. We had planned on touring, maybe France or going down to Cornwall or something but the furthest I ended up was Bridlington 😂

Anyway fast forward to now and we both miss the motorbikes.
Hubby has bought himself a Honda NC750X.

We saw some photos of Eilean Donan and we were sold. Scotland here we come.

I googled a few places and the NC500 came up. This is a 500mile trip round the highlands of Scotland and it includes the best road for a biker. The Bealach Na Ba.

This will be me,Scarlett and Georgia in my car with all the luggage and Hubby on his motorbike.
Scarlett will be 7 on the trip and Georgia is 5.

We are going different places on some of the days so I won’t be following him round just meeting up at the hotel etc. We are made taking two vehicles but it’s going to work our best for us.
I thought we might be able to do this in 5 days but have extended it to 9. Kids are off school and Scottish kids are in school so hopefully won’t be too busy.

The rough plan
Day 1. Home to Paisley Glasgow

Day 2. Paisley to Inverness

Days 3. Inverness to uig Isle of Skye

Day 4. Uig to Garve

Day 5. Garve to Tongue

Day 6. Tongue to Golspie

Day 7. Golspie to Beauly

Day 8. Beauly to Dumbarton

Day 9. Dumbarton to Home

I was hoping not to spend too much but seems like it might end up being expensive but we haven’t had a proper holiday in two years and as Scotland is another country then it’s counting as proper!

On with the planning………
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 21, 01:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Scotsmomma2
Imagineer

Gorgeous girls,I really hope the weather's good for you.I've just moved into the shade now,sizzling Scotland 😎
Scotsmomma2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 21, 01:37 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Scotsmomma2 View Post
Gorgeous girls,I really hope the weather's good for you.I've just moved into the shade now,sizzling Scotland 😎
I hope the weather is good for some beaches.
I’m blaming you for this. 😂
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 21, 01:41 PM  
Link to this Post
snowbelle
Imagineer

I don't know if its something you fancy to keep costs down, but we bought a little portable gas stove last year and a kettle and a couple of camping saucepans to take on our Scottish trip, it was such fun just pulling over and setting up lunch even if it was beans , hotdogs or soups.

We kept it all in a plastic storage box in the boot.

We took our coolbox and snacks, drinks and bottles of water which saved us a packet.
If you have a B&M bargains or Home Bargains near you a lot of the camping stuff and beach blankets are on offer now.

We went in between lockdowns last year so it was cooler, but if we don't get to go to the US this year we will be back in Scotland.
snowbelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 21, 03:03 PM  
Link to this Post
enjibenji
Imagineer

enjibenji's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Will be following with interest. I have just sold my vw campervan and bought a moho so will be heading to Scotland but as I want to see the northern lights I'm going to wait until autumn/winter time. Have a lovely time, I class a holiday to be anywhere out of Berkshire. 😂😂
enjibenji is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 21, 03:12 PM  
Link to this Post
snowbelle
Imagineer

Originally Posted by enjibenji View Post
Will be following with interest. I have just sold my vw campervan and bought a moho so will be heading to Scotland but as I want to see the northern lights I'm going to wait until autumn/winter time. Have a lovely time, I class a holiday to be anywhere out of Berkshire. 😂😂
I had a bucket list
: A puffin
:Northern lights
and a red squirrel ...did'nt get to see either but it was fab anyway
snowbelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 21, 03:39 PM  
Link to this Post
enjibenji
Imagineer

enjibenji's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by snowbelle View Post
I had a bucket list
: A puffin
:Northern lights
and a red squirrel ...did'nt get to see either but it was fab anyway
Bucket list Northern lights for me 🤞
enjibenji is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 21, 04:00 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Originally Posted by snowbelle View Post
I don't know if its something you fancy to keep costs down, but we bought a little portable gas stove last year and a kettle and a couple of camping saucepans to take on our Scottish trip, it was such fun just pulling over and setting up lunch even if it was beans , hotdogs or soups.

We kept it all in a plastic storage box in the boot.

We took our coolbox and snacks, drinks and bottles of water which saved us a packet.
If you have a B&M bargains or Home Bargains near you a lot of the camping stuff and beach blankets are on offer now.

We went in between lockdowns last year so it was cooler, but if we don't get to go to the US this year we will be back in Scotland.
We are staying in hotels. I don’t think I could do camping. Was something we did before the kids but after spending 1 night in a tent on the garden with no sleep I’d rather pay 😂
But for self catering places hot dogs are good ideas.
Definitely need a cool box.
Old 1 Jun 21, 06:54 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Day 1.
Home to Paisley Glasgow.
Will take about 4.5hours I think.
Looking at stopping at mainsgill farm shop. Then the old toll bar cafe Gretna green.
Just booked premier inn Paisley for £35.
Gonna be a bit of a boring day driving up.
Old 1 Jun 21, 07:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Scotsmomma2
Imagineer

Originally Posted by vampiress88 View Post
Day 1.
Home to Paisley Glasgow.
Will take about 4.5hours I think.
Looking at stopping at mainsgill farm shop. Then the old toll bar cafe Gretna green.
Just booked premier inn Paisley for £35.
Gonna be a bit of a boring day driving up.
I was born and brought up in Gretna 😁
Scotsmomma2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List