Notices

Old 10 Jan 22, 06:50 PM  
Link to this Post
princessnicki
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by tigger48 View Post
OP I’m loving your resilience 👍. When times are difficult and unpredictable just keep planning and rolling ‘em forward. Eventually something’s gotta stick right?!
We’ve already lost 10 planned trips due to Covid & general crap, and the 11th attempt is partially cancelled too. No 12 well… it’s pencilled (lightly) in and who knows 🤷.One day we’ll go somewhere again 🤞 and in the meantime we can both refine our plans and supersize them 😉 . Looking forward to seeing how your trip evolves- oh and cocktails too!
Wow fair play to you for soldiering on with attempt number 12- i have my fingers crossed it happens for you too, surely 2022 is the year. I hope we make it there this year but if not we will celebrate Bretts big 4-0 in London instead

All of Team Bricki's Trip and Food Reports

2019- Our Super Secret Wedding and Honeymoon In Disney World
2021- London
2022- Brett's 40th Celebrations In Orlando
2023- Lisbon and Sorrento
2024- Athens and Italy Tour

INSTAGRAM teambricki_yorkshire_foodies
princessnicki is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 22, 09:30 AM  
Link to this Post
princessnicki
VIP Dibber

The next most important thing to organise after food is obviously clothes! If you followed our wedding/ honeymoon trip, you will know that we did “Tshirt Of The Day” and had matching or co-ordinating tops to suit each parks. We intend to do it again this time but we will probably recycle some of the previous trips attire as Brett doesn’t really wear all the tshirts we got so I don’t want to end up with another pile to gather dust in the wardrobe

So far I have purchased the following

And I have my eye on these

I also had this on order in November with Double Boxed Toys before they decided to tell me 2 months later that it is sold out! not happy at all as I can’t get this anywhere other than treble the price on Ebay I hope they re-stock it before November

Brett also wants these- the first is available on Disney UK so might have to get that before we go

He is also going to wear this on the plane- although I don't think he is entirely thrilled about it, he is a good sport

Like a good wife I will match him

will keep an eye out for some more Disney merch before we go

2021- London

princessnicki is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 22, 11:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Oh my goodness Nicki, I LOVE them all! My favourite is the pink jacket - super cute and the friends inspired ‘forty’ shirts!
You are so organised 😆 I think I will just be wearing whatever fits. 😱😂
Sparksy72 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 22, 02:56 PM  
Link to this Post
princessnicki
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Sparksy72 View Post
Oh my goodness Nicki, I LOVE them all! My favourite is the pink jacket - super cute and the friends inspired ‘forty’ shirts!
You are so organised 😆 I think I will just be wearing whatever fits. 😱😂
Thanks Michelle I really hope I can get hold of the jacket before we go but it's completely sold out! I cant believe they waited 2 months to tell me they didnt have it in stock and couldn't get it- I could have tried someone else with more notice!

2021- London

Old 29 Jan 22, 12:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Originally Posted by princessnicki View Post
Thanks Michelle I really hope I can get hold of the jacket before we go but it's completely sold out! I cant believe they waited 2 months to tell me they didnt have it in stock and couldn't get it- I could have tried someone else with more notice!
Nicki I really hope you manage to locate that pink jacket. 💝 What a shame they didn’t give you more notice. Xx
Sparksy72 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jan 22, 09:04 PM  
Link to this Post
princessnicki
VIP Dibber

Nicki I really hope you manage to locate that pink jacket. 💝 What a shame they didn’t give you more notice. Xx
I hope so too i have my fingers crossed

2021- London

Old 31 Jan 22, 09:12 PM  
Link to this Post
princessnicki
VIP Dibber

So after browsing again on booking.com i noticed that 5 nights at Hilton Grand Tuscany Village was coming in at £700 cheaper than Margaritaville over Thanksgiving! I have booked it and will decide later but i think its a no brainer- Hilton is across the road from Vineland Outlets (perfect for Black Friday), lots of restaurants in walking distance, its a couple of miles away from Disney Springs which is perfect as we arent doing any parks in this part of the trip.

2021- London

Old 31 Jan 22, 09:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Nicki that is a fantastic saving, there is a lot to be said for good research, well done! Think of how much more you can spend now on clothes and cocktails. 😉 💖 xx A great location too!
Old 1 Feb 22, 09:21 AM  
Link to this Post
princessnicki
VIP Dibber

Nicki that is a fantastic saving, there is a lot to be said for good research, well done! Think of how much more you can spend now on clothes and cocktails. 😉 💖 xx A great location too!
We did have our heart set on Margaritaville but it seems too much of a saving to turn down, Hilton Tuscany Village was our first choice for the first chunk of the trip but their Seaworld location was a lot cheaper so we went with that. My next set of research will be Universal as i think Brett would love the theming of Cabana Bay more especially with a Volcano Bay view room, but Sapphire Falls is 4 star vs 3 star at CB, and there is a Rum tavern plus I think it looks more of a couples hotel than CB. Cost wise I think there isn’t much in it if you pay for the waterpark view. Decisions decisions

2021- London

Old 10 Mar 22, 02:49 PM  
Link to this Post
princessnicki
VIP Dibber

Update

A slight change of plans- I keep checking hotels and Hilton Seaworld Grand had free room upgrade on Booking.com from studio to one bed apartment for November. So I cancelled Tuscany Village and booked Seaworld, but this meant we would be there 11 nights, go to Universal for 5 nights then back to Seaworld for 5 nights. I asked Brett if he minded spending his actual 40th at Universal instead of Animal Kingdom and going to Bull and Bear for his meal 2 days later- he said no he was happy wherever we go. So I changed it to Universal 5 nights at the start followed by 16 nights at Hilton Seaworld- this means one hotel change instead of two and also means that we can use our Disney tickets for pretty much the whole of the stay and they won’t have expired Thanksgiving week (not that we will go much that week but will be nice to dip in and out if we want to).

I also needed to move the dates of Sapphire Falls and as Brett had been eyeing up Cabana Bay Volcano Bay view I asked for a price for this too. We re-watched room tours and couldn’t decide between the two as we loved them both- Sapphire Falls seemed to be the biggest pull as it is more adult orientated and has the water taxi. But I saw suggestions on here and other sites that Aventura is basically minutes walk away from Sapphire Falls so you can use all the facilities but stay at Aventura for cheaper. We had this priced up as well and it was £160 cheaper than Sapphire Falls so we are now staying at Aventura in a skyline view room- hopefully we get a theme park view!

2021- London