Notices
Itineraries Post your Trip Itineraries here.

Old 1 Oct 21, 05:51 PM  
Link to this Post

If we are staying at Disney we head to Epcot. If we are Universal, we drop the bags, check the room is ok , put our shorts on and head to whichever Universal park is open and have a drink!
Then that overwhelming tiredness washes over us and we head back to the room to go to sleep( I always unpack that evening as well!)

Still awake at 2am though, but I’m happy to be awake early and can’t wait to get ready and get out in the Florida sunshine!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 21, 08:59 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Hammerstone View Post
We land at 4.55 on 27/11/21 so estimate ideally at the resort for 7.30-8. Booked a reservation at the Boathouse in Disney Springs for 9.15.
I never book for the first night , it always seems like tempting fate for a flight delay.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 21, 10:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Lostbrain
Imagineer

The only time we were due to arrive on an early flight the plane we were due to fly on was hit by lightning on it’s approach to LGW and they took it out of service and flew another over from LHR, we arrived at OKW at 11pm and everything was closed except the shop, we had fruit and crisps for tea!

Next year we are due to land at 3.30pm, who knows if we will. We have made the mistake of having dinner at a nice restaurant on day 1 or 2 a few times, meals ruined by jet lag!

Our plan is go to AoA, probably eat there and grab some pool time, we might attempt Disney Springs or Epcot for a QS if we’re feeling up for it. Could be first time we fly direct and haven’t had a sleepless night in a hotel pre-travel, can’t wait!
Lostbrain is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 21, 11:08 AM  
Link to this Post
SteveyJ
Imagineer

We're due on the early Virgin flight next year with the first part of the holiday at Universal so it'll be a quick change and into the park before dinner on City Walk somewhere.
SteveyJ is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 21, 02:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Silvercat
Imagineer

We like to think that we will pop into Walmart on our way from the airport to the resort, but we are always so tired and stressed by travelling, collecting luggage and hire car, and finding our way out of the airport and onto the freeways which seem to change each time, that we usually forget and end up just driving to the resort! Then we think, oh well, we'll get checked in, drop off the luggage, freshen up and head out to Walmart. Then we get into the room and just collapse until hunger makes us go to the food court. Plans versus reality!

When the free dining was on, we started a tradition of eating at Trail's End on our first day there, and we even paid for it out of pocket one year, but I'm not sure whether this will continue if we finally get back there next year. Who knows.
Old 27 Oct 21, 02:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Twiggy1953
Apprentice Imagineer

Twiggy1953's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Well we’ll be there 2 weeks tomorrow😎 if everything goes to plan we’ll stop on way at Publix or Walmart for essentials, get to SSR, unpack and then head to Disney Springs for my Holiday sandwich from the Earl of Sandwich🥪. We try to stay up and about until about 9pm but I don’t think we’ve ever managed later than that before we conk out.
Twiggy1953 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 21, 02:51 PM  
Link to this Post
sheluk
Imagineer

Mobile

This chain makes me happy with those bubbles in stomach excitement! Especially for those of you going NEXT month!

Usually we grab a quick dinner from subway/QS et al! My husband likes to unpack & we try & stay up to 8pm 😂.

Next year we’ll have the kids for the first time with us so defo a QS & maybe try & tempt to them to go in the pool to keep them awake a bit longer!
sheluk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 21, 04:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Lola
Imagineer

Lola's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We usually have something to eat in the food court followed by a stroll round the resort and buy a few oddments for snacks. Then watch a bit of TV and then sleep. Early morning head start to the favourite theme park
Lola is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 21, 04:29 PM  
Link to this Post
SallyK
Earning My Ears

Go to MK stand in Main Street stare at the castle and cry!🤣❤️
SallyK is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 21, 10:41 AM  
Link to this Post
dan223
Imagineer

I normally stay at a villa, my flight gets in a 6pm, so certainly no parks for me. Normally it involves going straight to the villa having a look around dropping everything off, getting some fast food and grabbing a few bits from walmart, before heading to bed.
dan223 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List