Notices
Itineraries Post your Trip Itineraries here.

Old 20 Feb 22, 05:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Wazowskiscar View Post
This is my first solo trip ever and I’m really excited! Love going with family but this is my “full on going to conquer everything I want without having to compromise for others” trip!

I also plan (and hope - as long as I don’t miss my rather tight connection) to go to a park on arrival, landing at 3pm and that flight is domestic so will have a,ready cleared customs and such.

My family, if we stayed on site, just used to get on the first bus to a park that came as it was only ever going to be a 2 or 3 hours visit in reality. We used to just soak it up, do a couple of rides, grab some quick food and head back sometime in the last hour of opening before the big rush. Now have to book a park so that plan kind of fails!

Excited, slightly nervous going alone, thought people would think I’m strange but their seems to be more solo travellers out there than I thought!
I keep flip flopping over which park to book for arrival day. One minute I think Hollywood Studios as I am staying at a Crescent Bay hotel, but then I think no surely Magic Kingdom has to be the first park I visit. At the moment, Magic Kingdom is winning.
Claudette is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 22, 05:13 PM  
Link to this Post
stacy87
Very Serious Dibber

This is my first solo trip ever and I’m really excited! Love going with family but this is my “full on going to conquer everything I want without having to compromise for others” trip!

I also plan (and hope - as long as I don’t miss my rather tight connection) to go to a park on arrival, landing at 3pm and that flight is domestic so will have a,ready cleared customs and such.

My family, if we stayed on site, just used to get on the first bus to a park that came as it was only ever going to be a 2 or 3 hours visit in reality. We used to just soak it up, do a couple of rides, grab some quick food and head back sometime in the last hour of opening before the big rush. Now have to book a park so that plan kind of fails!

Excited, slightly nervous going alone, thought people would think I’m strange but their seems to be more solo travellers out there than I thought!
Ah it’s going to be exciting! There probably are people out there who would find this weird, I’ve had comments from some family members and friends saying that I’m “crazy” for doing this. Really? I can’t think of anything better than going somewhere, anywhere and getting to do absolutely everything YOU want to do and not have to worry about anyone else!
stacy87 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 22, 10:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Hammo333
Having Dinner with Goofy

Originally Posted by stacy87 View Post
I am off on my first ever solo trip to WDW. This will be my first visit since 2010, and I am super excited!

I've been working hard on this itinerary, and any thoughts would be appreciated! I will listen to any comments/thoughts posted here, but think I've added enough shopping/rest time in for me

Mon 28th March - Travel Day
Disney Springs in evening
Tues 29th March - Epcot (full day, if poss)
Weds 30th March - Magic Kingdom (full day)
Thurs 31st March - AM - Disney Springs
Explore Boardwalk/BC/YC etc
PM - Animal Kingdom
Fri 1st April - Hollywood Studios (full day if poss)
Sat 2nd April - AM - Swim/Relax @ resort
PM - Epcot (Evening fireworks)
Sun 3rd April - Magic Kingdom (Evening fireworks)
Mon 4th April - Travel Day

Some other possibly useful info to consider:

Least favourite park = Animal Kingdom (only 3 rides to do here for me).

Favourite Park = Epcot

I never visited Magic Kingdom when my friend and I first visited WDW in 2010, so this is an essential to try and get a couple of days exploring this park!

On my travel day back home - I may go to Disney Springs in the AM, or a park if I feel up to it! My flight departs at 4:10pm, so I'm not yet sure what time my coach transfer pick up will be
Hi Stacy87

My only observation would be to try do both Epcot & MK fireworks on your first visit.
1 You may want to see again on second visit to those parks.
2 If the weather is not good on your second visit you have no room/days left to adjust your plans and miss out on these absolute must do's.
CSR 2007,08 ASMo 2006
Orange Lake Country 2004
Hammo333 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 22, 10:21 PM  
Link to this Post
stacy87
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Hammo333 View Post
Hi Stacy87

My only observation would be to try do both Epcot & MK fireworks on your first visit.
1 You may want to see again on second visit to those parks.
2 If the weather is not good on your second visit you have no room/days left to adjust your plans and miss out on these absolute must do's.
Thank you for this! I am going to try my best to see the fireworks on the first visits to both parks, and complete get your reasoning for that! 😊
stacy87 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 22, 12:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Hammo333
Having Dinner with Goofy

I am off on my first ever solo trip to WDW. This will be my first visit since 2010, and I am super excited!

I've been working hard on this itinerary, and any thoughts would be appreciated! I will listen to any comments/thoughts posted here, but think I've added enough shopping/rest time in for me

Mon 28th March - Travel Day
Disney Springs in evening
Tues 29th March - Epcot (full day, if poss)
Weds 30th March - Magic Kingdom (full day)
Thurs 31st March - AM - Disney Springs
Explore Boardwalk/BC/YC etc
PM - Animal Kingdom
Fri 1st April - Hollywood Studios (full day if poss)
Sat 2nd April - AM - Swim/Relax @ resort
PM - Epcot (Evening fireworks)
Sun 3rd April - Magic Kingdom (Evening fireworks)
Mon 4th April - Travel Day

Some other possibly useful info to consider:

Least favourite park = Animal Kingdom (only 3 rides to do here for me).

Favourite Park = Epcot

I never visited Magic Kingdom when my friend and I first visited WDW in 2010, so this is an essential to try and get a couple of days exploring this park!

On my travel day back home - I may go to Disney Springs in the AM, or a park if I feel up to it! My flight departs at 4:10pm, so I'm not yet sure what time my coach transfer pick up will be
I have just noticed your other post about having breakfast at the Grand Floridian which is a beautiful resort.
You have evening at MK on same day I think so obviously a day ticket.
I was wondering if you were aware you could get on monorail from Grand Floridian to MK after breakfast.
CSR 2007,08 ASMo 2006
Orange Lake Country 2004
Hammo333 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 22, 12:55 AM  
Link to this Post
stacy87
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Hammo333 View Post
I have just noticed your other post about having breakfast at the Grand Floridian which is a beautiful resort.
You have evening at MK on same day I think so obviously a day ticket.
I was wondering if you were aware you could get on monorail from Grand Floridian to MK after breakfast.
Yes! That was my plan, as I’ve never rode the monorail before, so I definitely want to utilise that 😊 and yes, I’m planning to do a full day in MK that day, as my last day at MK before going home! I hope I last! 😁
Old 23 Feb 22, 01:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Hammo333
Having Dinner with Goofy

Yes! That was my plan, as I’ve never rode the monorail before, so I definitely want to utilise that 😊 and yes, I’m planning to do a full day in MK that day, as my last day at MK before going home! I hope I last! 😁
I think MK is first stop from GF so as you have never been on monorail before I would be inclined to do a full loop & take in all the views plus going through Contemporary resort etc.
CSR 2007,08 ASMo 2006
Orange Lake Country 2004
Old 26 Feb 22, 10:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Wazowskiscar
Excited about Disney

I always plan a MK - Epcot day purely to ride the monorail. It’s a compulsory part of my trip.
This time I also need to do an Epcot - Studios hop purely to ride the the skyliner!
Wazowskiscar is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 22, 10:24 PM  
Link to this Post
stacy87
Very Serious Dibber

I always plan a MK - Epcot day purely to ride the monorail. It’s a compulsory part of my trip.
This time I also need to do an Epcot - Studios hop purely to ride the the skyliner!
Yes a ride on the Skyliner is a must for me! Skyliner and monorail are musts this trip