MrsBC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11
Restaurant Reviews: 50

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Cutiepie View Post
Oh no🙁 what’s happened?
Return flight is now not until 8.55pm, and as we get off the ship quite early morning it's a very long day to fill (we'll have luggage with us!)
DCL Magic, DCL Wish
BOOKED - Beach Club Villas Sept '24, Disney Treasure & POR Sept '25
TRIP REPORT INDEX
www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835984
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Mar 22, 03:31 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
I can't believe this - yesterday, 9 days before we head to the airport I've developed shingles next to my eye, never had it before. Warned that if it goes into my eye I probably won't be going away!
We half expected this trip to be cancelled for covid, restrictions, war, pestilence and plague - but not flipping shingles!
Fingers crossed!
DCL Magic, DCL Wish
TRIP REPORT INDEX
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Mar 22, 04:57 PM  
Link to this Post
FloRidaLvr
VIP Dibber

Oh no that's awful , hope you don't have to cancel and your shingles is a mild case . Did you get the tablets from your doctor which are supposed to lessen the affects of shingles ?
Florida 95 to 2006, Mexico/Belize 2007, Florida 08 to 2012, California Apr 13, Detroit/Florida April 14 , Naples Nov 14, AMI May 15 , Naples Nov 15, West Coast May 16, AMI Nov 16, Naples Nov 17 , AMI May 18, Naples Nov 18, AMI May 19 , Naples Nov 19, AMI May 22, Bonita Springs Nov 22, Bonita Springs May 23
FloRidaLvr is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Mar 22, 05:30 PM  
Link to this Post
CC71
Apprentice Imagineer

CC71's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by MrsBC View Post
I can't believe this - yesterday, 9 days before we head to the airport I've developed shingles next to my eye, never had it before. Warned that if it goes into my eye I probably won't be going away!
We half expected this trip to be cancelled for covid, restrictions, war, pestilence and plague - but not flipping shingles!
Poor you! I had Shingles in my eye and ear in 2013 - not fun! Definitely see if your GP can prescribe antivirals, I was given Acyclovir though you need to take them asap for the treatment to help. Got everything crossed for you that it’s a mild case and you can still travel. X
Old 11 Mar 22, 10:18 AM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by FloRidaLvr View Post
Oh no that's awful , hope you don't have to cancel and your shingles is a mild case . Did you get the tablets from your doctor which are supposed to lessen the affects of shingles ?
Originally Posted by CC71 View Post
Poor you! I had Shingles in my eye and ear in 2013 - not fun! Definitely see if your GP can prescribe antivirals, I was given Acyclovir though you need to take them asap for the treatment to help. Got everything crossed for you that it’s a mild case and you can still travel. X
Thanks I spotted the early signs and got acyclovir within 24 hours. so hopefully wont be too bad, but my eyelid is red this morning so I'm feeling a bit 'meh' about if we'll get there in a week. I'll see how it is by Tuesday when the meds finish, that gives us a few days before we travel to LHR. Everything is crossed.
DCL Magic, DCL Wish
TRIP REPORT INDEX
Old 11 Mar 22, 01:01 PM  
Link to this Post
CC71
Apprentice Imagineer

CC71's Reviews
Thanks I spotted the early signs and got acyclovir within 24 hours. so hopefully wont be too bad, but my eyelid is red this morning so I'm feeling a bit 'meh' about if we'll get there in a week. I'll see how it is by Tuesday when the meds finish, that gives us a few days before we travel to LHR. Everything is crossed.
So pleased you have the meds, fingers crossed they work their magic . I hope that the next update is a happy one
Old 15 Mar 22, 06:05 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by CC71 View Post
So pleased you have the meds, fingers crossed they work their magic . I hope that the next update is a happy one
It is a happy one! My eye has gone right down, the few blisters have dried out and (tests on Friday permitting) we'll be flying on Saturday
DCL Magic, DCL Wish
TRIP REPORT INDEX
Old 15 Mar 22, 07:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Cutiepie
Imagineer

It is a happy one! My eye has gone right down, the few blisters have dried out and (tests on Friday permitting) we'll be flying on Saturday
👏👏👏 brilliant! Keep us posted
Cutiepie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Mar 22, 06:45 PM  
Link to this Post
CC71
Apprentice Imagineer

CC71's Reviews
So pleased for you, what a relief!
Just the tests to go and then you can relax and look forward to that Caribbean sunshine ☀️ 😎🍹
Old 16 Mar 22, 07:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Florida1972
Excited about Disney

This sounds like a fabulous trip 😊 relax and enjoy every moment 🍹 ☀️
Florida1972 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List