Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 30 Jan 22, 11:28 PM  
Link to this Post
lfc_sarah
Imagineer

Looking forward to this! Well done on changing your eating and on the weight loss! I can imagine it has been very hard!
lfc_sarah is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jan 22, 11:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Rescuer View Post
Sure I’ll find something, the odd glass of wine or low carb beer, just need to not be tempted by those beautifully sweet cocktails 😂

It’s all good, it’s amazing how much better I feel already in such a short space of time and that feels enough motivation to stick with low carb.

How are you getting on working your way through all that peppermint bark? I must admit to ordering a bag but I’ll only have the very odd one.

I’ve never booked places in citywalk before but I think everywhere is still limited capacity.

I normally book Mythos and Lombards just to avoid a long wait.

I figure If we are going to buy some of those $120 food vouchers which give you a $150 credit we better have done places booked to use them.

Did you decide if you are upgrading an annual pass to preferred for discounts?

We have Finnegans booked for tea on the Sunday night but might head back to the pool bar after.
Not decided yet, will just wait and see how much they say it’ll cost.

I keep meaning to look for the list of places that offer the discount. That might sway the decision.

ETA just had a look, think it’s definitely worth upgrading! I wonder if I can get the discount on the kitchen brunch.

Edited at 11:39 PM.
Bellasmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jan 22, 11:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Originally Posted by returnplanning View Post
Following with interest as one of our party has type 2 diabetes.
Thanks. Are they following a low carb approach? I’ll try and do a good job reporting back.
I’ve made some tables of all the options available at universal that fall under low carb. Happy to send it to you if you want.

Originally Posted by lfc_sarah View Post
Looking forward to this! Well done on changing your eating and on the weight loss! I can imagine it has been very hard!
Thanks, the fact I felt so rubbish helped I think as I knew I needed to stick at it to feel better.
Your May trip will be coming around in no time.

Originally Posted by Bellasmummy View Post
Not decided yet, will just wait and see how much they say it’ll cost.

I keep meaning to look for the list of places that offer the discount. That might sway the decision.
If you are doing a lot of eating onsite it really mounts up. 10% on all city walk places, the kitchen, all park places and selected other resort locations.
Old 30 Jan 22, 11:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

Thanks. Are they following a low carb approach? I’ll try and do a good job reporting back.
I’ve made some tables of all the options available at universal that fall under low carb. Happy to send it to you if you want.

Thanks, the fact I felt so rubbish helped I think as I knew I needed to stick at it to feel better.
Your May trip will be coming around in no time.

If you are doing a lot of eating onsite it really mounts up. 10% on all city walk places, the kitchen, all park places and selected other resort locations.
Wonder if I can use the discount on the kitchen brunch.

I’m going to do it I think.

Now, how reasonable is it for me to ditch dh and dd the first day to go and watch Diana Ross 😂
Bellasmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jan 22, 11:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Wonder if I can use the discount on the kitchen brunch.

I’m going to do it I think.

Now, how reasonable is it for me to ditch dh and dd the first day to go and watch Diana Ross 😂
You can. We did summer 2019.

Totally reasonable!

We are hoping to get there in time to catch a bit of that.
Old 30 Jan 22, 11:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

You can. We did summer 2019.

Totally reasonable!

We are hoping to get there in time to catch a bit of that.
Excellent, that’s me sold then 😋
Old 31 Jan 22, 12:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Excellent, that’s me sold then 😋
The acoustic brunch at the kitchen was fab. Here’s my review from before https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...4#post13943364

We just booked an early breakfast there on the Sunday morning.
Old 31 Jan 22, 12:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

The acoustic brunch at the kitchen was fab. Here’s my review from before https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...4#post13943364

Thanks, I’ll take a look.

We’ve got brunch that day.

Watched an old Tim Tracker vlog of it the other day and couldn’t resist.
Old 31 Jan 22, 12:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

Looks yummy!

Have just brought my time forward as I’d booked 1:15pm and saw you said they start clearing away at 2pm.

Now have 12:30pm, do you think that’s early enough? We don’t want to be rushed but want to be in the parks in the morning.
Old 31 Jan 22, 08:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Looks yummy!

Have just brought my time forward as I’d booked 1:15pm and saw you said they start clearing away at 2pm.

Now have 12:30pm, do you think that’s early enough? We don’t want to be rushed but want to be in the parks in the morning.
I think you’ll be suitably stuffed by the time they start clearing away 😂 12.30pm sounds like a good time.