Photo, Video & Vlogs Photography, Video and Vlog discussions

Old 4 Feb 22, 07:54 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Kids Vlogging

Not sure what to think really, I feel old and don’t understand technology much

But basically my kids are asking me for a YouTube channel lol
They want to vlog holidays and days out.

One. I worry that they won’t like the when they are older. I’m not sure how privacy stuff works but as they are 7&6 it would all be in my name anyway.

Two. I wouldn’t even though how to edit videos, upload them or even create YouTube account.

I’m not sure why I’m even indulging the idea to be honest but it’s only cos we watched a few vlogs for cruise and the kids were a bit like it’s for old people but then for a few days after they were playing at vlogging with their tablets lol
The videos are funny they have already done around the house but dunno if it’s even something people would watch. They said they wanted it mostly for their friends but no 6 year old will watch that lol

Edited at 08:26 PM.
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Feb 22, 07:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

I’m sure you can set your YouTube videos to private and the only people who can see it are those who you invite to. At least, I’m sure that used to be the case. Maybe this would be something you could consider?
Rac20 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Feb 22, 08:12 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Rac20 View Post
I’m sure you can set your YouTube videos to private and the only people who can see it are those who you invite to. At least, I’m sure that used to be the case. Maybe this would be something you could consider?
Think my biggest hurdle would be to figure out how to work it. Only 33 but I don’t do technology or social media other than Facebook and forums.
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Feb 22, 09:27 PM  
Link to this Post
lovestoplan
slightly serious Dibber

I have a daughter who is 10 and a couple of boys in her class has started. It's a bit cringy because it's just kids been kids and the type of stuff you might film just for yourself to watch but outside of your immediate family, I'm not really sure why anyone would be interested. They end up with 3 views which is probably their mum, dad and nan! As much as they want to now, I bet it's not anything they will look back on with pride in later years! Could you sort of compromise by then making the vlogs but you not uploading them?
lovestoplan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Feb 22, 09:46 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Originally Posted by lovestoplan View Post
I have a daughter who is 10 and a couple of boys in her class has started. It's a bit cringy because it's just kids been kids and the type of stuff you might film just for yourself to watch but outside of your immediate family, I'm not really sure why anyone would be interested. They end up with 3 views which is probably their mum, dad and nan! As much as they want to now, I bet it's not anything they will look back on with pride in later years! Could you sort of compromise by then making the vlogs but you not uploading them?
That’s probably what would happen.
I think it’s quite a solid reason from my two tbh. They said that the vlogs we watched the people aren’t doing what kids want to do. It’s p&o so it is geared to the older generation I suppose but there’s lots more families going now and it would have been nice to see more of the kids stuff but that’s cos we have kids I suppose.

They want to vlog Disney too but got at least 18m to wait for that now.
Old 4 Feb 22, 10:10 PM  
Link to this Post
lovestoplan
slightly serious Dibber

Maybe you should contact P&O and pitch it as a marketing idea to them?! Kids could have the fun of making the vlogs and then P&O can do the hard bits. The boys could be so good, they start asking you to cruise for free!
lovestoplan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Feb 22, 10:33 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Maybe you should contact P&O and pitch it as a marketing idea to them?! Kids could have the fun of making the vlogs and then P&O can do the hard bits. The boys could be so good, they start asking you to cruise for free!
It’s two girls that I have but the littlest is such a sassy little poser. Had to tell her she wasn’t getting her own camera (she’s clumsy lol)
If I could get in contact with them I probably would. They are just excited to do a room tour or show off the cocktails.
Old 4 Feb 22, 10:36 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Originally Posted by xuntitledx View Post
We’ve been vlogging now for a while and we love capturing the memories that we can (and do!) look back on - especially lovely memories of holidays like the Disney Magic at Sea cruise and DLP.

As others have said, you can set videos to private so they’re not publicly available and you can share the link with friends/family.

Kids are quite tech savvy these days so they might want to try editing their own videos, with your help. When I first started, I just used the free iMovie app that I could download on my iPad. It’s quite intuitive and simple enough to start off with, as you learn more, you can use more of the tools and features or even upgrade to better apps and software.
I’ll try the iMovie things. Don’t even know if to use the iPhone or something else. Littlest wants a go pro and a stick. Think she heard it on one of the Disney vlogs we watched.
Old 4 Feb 22, 10:50 PM  
Link to this Post
lovestoplan
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by vampiress88 View Post
It’s two girls that I have but the littlest is such a sassy little poser. Had to tell her she wasn’t getting her own camera (she’s clumsy lol)
If I could get in contact with them I probably would. They are just excited to do a room tour or show off the cocktails.
Don't know why I decided you had boys...I was thinking about the boys in my daughter's class probably!
I know P&O cruises have a Facebook page...go for it!
Old 4 Feb 22, 11:03 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Don't know why I decided you had boys...I was thinking about the boys in my daughter's class probably!
I know P&O cruises have a Facebook page...go for it!
Messaged the Facebook ones a few times in the last few months they don’t seem to answer me lol. Was trying to work out what bars they were allowed in on iona. They must be busy.