Notices

Old 11 Feb 22, 09:25 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsSilverStar
Imagineer

The Magic 3 do WDW again - May 2022

Hello and welcome to our pre-trippie for May 2022! We’re now into the double digits and are so excited.

The Magic 3 are Tara, Mark and Heath.

Contents
Introduction
Food plans
Flower and Garden Festival plans
ADR Day
Daily Plans

We’ve previously starred in a trip report from DLP in Feb 2018

and one from Universal and WDW in Oct 2019

For this trip, we’re spending the whole time at WDW, from 21st May to 3rd June, at the Polynesian in a standard room

I’m toying with the idea of doing a room request - can anyone give me any advice on what to ask for at the Poly? I’ve got a Touring Plans subscription and I know they can put in the request but I’m not sure what I should be asking for!

We’re flying from Heathrow into Orlando, with Virgin.
We will be using our stylish luggage that doesn’t embarrass Mark at all when he has to use them on business trips

Look at those beauties

Obviously things are very different compared to our last trip. We bit the bullet and added Genie+ to our whole trip so we don’t have to think about it out there. Fingers crossed we can make the most of it. Nice that they’re offering a discount to Brits for it too.

Heath is now 10, a Disney adult, and he’s told us he’s not bothered about meeting characters this time
This is actually a blessing as we don’t have the free dining plan - we did a character meal every day last time and the thought of paying for them makes me want to cry! I didn’t even get food credit as we booked before that deal was offered.
I’ll do a separate post on our food plans as they are plentiful!

Heath has become a huge Star Wars fan since our last visit so all three of us can’t wait to spend more time in Galaxy’s Edge and ride Rise of the Resistance which wasn’t open when we were last there.

Mark and I are excited to eat our way round the Flower and Garden Festival after we failed miserably at the Food and Wine version - at least we got lots of fun photos!

Speaking of our wonderful posing, I promise to try and get as many shots of Mark’s camp scared face as possible

You’re welcome!

I’ll end on that high note and will be back with more of our planning soon - I’m just so happy to be back obsessing over a Disney trip!

Edited at 08:25 PM.
MrsSilverStar is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 22, 04:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Hurrah! You're into double digits.

How exciting to be staying at the Poly, with the monorail and the lovely view of MK. I've no idea about which are the best rooms to request there, but people on here are always saying touring plans requests are pretty fruitful.

I'm distraught that Heath has decided he's not interested in meeting characters. That was definitely not an option for my two at age 10. Kate has said she probably won't get an autograph book this year though

Are you going to universal as well or just staying in the Disney bubble?

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 22, 06:07 PM  
Link to this Post
SuziQz
VIP Dibber

Yay more trip reports 😀 this could be really handy for those of us going in August.

The 3 of us are really looking forward to exploring the SW area too.

I’ll keep an eye out for your food plans. We’ve only been to WDW once so we’re looking out for tips on different places to try this time. Like you, DS isn’t too bothered about characters now ☹️
2019 DCL - Northern Europe
2020 YC/HRH - delayed to 2022
2021 DCL - 4 night Staycation
2022 YC/HRH v2!, 2023 DCL - Alaska
2024 DCL - Spain
SuziQz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 22, 07:21 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsSilverStar
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
Hurrah! You're into double digits.

How exciting to be staying at the Poly, with the monorail and the lovely view of MK. I've no idea about which are the best rooms to request there, but people on here are always saying touring plans requests are pretty fruitful.

I'm distraught that Heath has decided he's not interested in meeting characters. That was definitely not an option for my two at age 10. Kate has said she probably won't get an autograph book this year though

Are you going to universal as well or just staying in the Disney bubble?
Just the Disney bubble this time - Heath still isn’t ready for big rides and isn’t that fussed about Harry Potter at the mo either…not sure he’s my child!

I’m hoping he’ll change his mind about the characters once we’re out there. If not, I’ll meet them without him! I’ve got the Ugly Stepsisters and Merida on my list so fingers crossed their meets are back by the time we go.

Originally Posted by SuziQz View Post
Yay more trip reports 😀 this could be really handy for those of us going in August.

The 3 of us are really looking forward to exploring the SW area too.

I’ll keep an eye out for your food plans. We’ve only been to WDW once so we’re looking out for tips on different places to try this time. Like you, DS isn’t too bothered about characters now ☹️
I’ll try and get some report written up before you head off in August. I was far too slow with my 2019 one…everything had changed by the time I finished!

I’ve got a job application to sort first but will try and get our food plans up tomorrow - love looking at all the snacks and cocktails I want to try.
MrsSilverStar is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 22, 10:08 PM  
Link to this Post
sheluk
Imagineer

Mobile

Sounds like a fab trip! We are there the same time as you and CANNOT wait! Poly looks gorg & that pool view of MK ❤️

We are staying at The wilderness Lodge and Beach Club then off site for a week so will be a mix of places xx
sheluk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 22, 10:12 PM  
Link to this Post
miked1e
Imagineer

miked1e's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Sounds fantastic…. We will see you there.

We check into the Poly on the 24th May after 5 nights in Universal, staying through to the 4th.

First time at the Poly! Cannot wait!
Old 12 Feb 22, 10:13 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsSilverStar
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sheluk View Post
Sounds like a fab trip! We are there the same time as you and CANNOT wait! Poly looks gorg & that pool view of MK ❤️

We are staying at The wilderness Lodge and Beach Club then off site for a week so will be a mix of places xx
Exciting! You’ve got lovely resorts booked - are you going to do Story Book Dining? We loved it when we went.

Will keep an eye out for you when we’re there! xx
Old 12 Feb 22, 10:14 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsSilverStar
Imagineer

Originally Posted by miked1e View Post
Sounds fantastic…. We will see you there.

We check into the Poly on the 24th May after 5 nights in Universal, staying through to the 4th.

First time at the Poly! Cannot wait!
Our first time too! Save me a seat at Trader Sam’s
Old 12 Feb 22, 10:22 PM  
Link to this Post
miked1e
Imagineer

miked1e's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Originally Posted by MrsSilverStar View Post
Our first time too! Save me a seat at Trader Sam’s
With a 4 year old (turning 5 out there) and 9 month old then we will likely only be out on the Trader Sams Terrace!

Due to pay out deposit soon…. It’s really happening!
Old 13 Feb 22, 05:10 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsSilverStar
Imagineer

Food plans

We had the dining plan last time and made the most of it by having a character meal nearly every day…which didn’t leave much room for snacking or lounges.

Now we’ve got no credits burning a hole in our pockets, we’re planning on eating ‘little and often’ so we can try as many delicious things as possible! We were definitely overwhelmed on our first trip so I’m hoping we can have a slower pace on this trip, leaving more time for cocktails!
Nearly all of the places/food we want to try, are new to us.

Onto our plans so far…

We have got a few TS meals on the list.

Topolino’s Terrace breakfast

I know Heath said he’s over characters but they’re in adorable artist outfits so we have to meet them, I don’t make the rules.
I’ve also read several great reviews of the food here and we’ll get to use the Skyliner to go onto Epcot or HS (we never managed to go on it last time)

As we’re staying at the Poly, an Ohana dinner is also on the list

I know this gets very mixed reviews but it’s the kind of food we love and in our hotel so I’ll try and plan this for one of our first nights so we can have a relaxed evening before rolling into bed.

Our next pick is for Heath - Via Napoli at Epcot. The boy is a pizza fiend so getting a giant one here for us all to share seems like fun.

Plus if the queues at crazy at the food booths in Epcot, at least we’ll have been fed! (I’ll do a separate post on the Food and Garden festival once they release the menus - hurry up Disney!)

Now a pick for me - The Boathouse at Disney Springs. Again, I’ve read great reviews of the food but to be honest, we’re going because I want this cocktail

Bright blue with a rubber duck in it? I mean that just has to be ordered!
(Anyone else getting a flashback of the alchopop WDK? The good ol’ days!)

Moving onto lounges…

Space 220 is my top pick. I originally planned on lunch or dinner here but the prix fixe menu isn’t grabbing any of us and we’d have to pay adult prices for Heath to probably order nuggets! I still really want to check out the theming so the lounge feels like the best bet.

Nomad Lounge - I can’t believe we never even saw this on our last trip, I clearly had us on such a route march from ride to ride but this time, I want to sit and relax with a cocktail and snacks. The churros here are supposed to be the best on property and I’m willing to test that for you all #soselfless

Baseline Taphouse - if Hollywood Studios continues to be a mass of humanity with giant queues for everything, it’ll make sense to sit down with a giant pretzel while we wait for a lightening lane pass to open up

And finally, Oga’s Cantina

We enjoyed this last time and the boys really want to go big on Star Wars on this trip so it has to be done.

Now for our quick serve picks…

I’ve got to scoff the totchos from Woody’s Lunchbox in Hollywood Studios and I’m sure the boys can force in a pop tart or two.

Satuli at Animal Kingdom - sounds vaguely healthy which we’ll certainly need at some point on this trip! Plus, the theming looks great again. Any excuse to hang out in Pandora.

Back to the Poly and the pulled pork nachos from Captain Cook’s are calling my name.

We’ll also try the Tonga Toast and Macadamia Pancakes

Chef Art Smith’s Homecoming at Disney Springs - fried chicken and moonshine, I don’t need to say any more.

And now for my favourite bit - the snacks!

Pongu Lumpia and Night Blossom at Animal Kingdom - these were on my list last time and I’m still cross I never got them! That wrong must be righted.

Jack Jack Num Num cookie at Hollywood Studios

Nutella and fresh fruit waffle and the spicy chicken one at Magic Kingdom - basically, stick it in a waffle and I wanna eat it.

The egg rolls also in Magic Kingdom - I know they regularly change what type they’re offering so I’m intrigued to see what’s there when we go

Ice cream martini from France in Epcot - again, no explanation necessary for this little beauty

Caramel pecan bar from Karamel Kuche in Epcot, be still my beating heart

And two old favs from the first trip - Cheshire Cat tail

And plain Disney popcorn. I only had one little box of this and am still dreaming of its deliciousness.

Well that’s quite a list to be getting on with! Please chime in with your recommendations and we can do a sweepstake about my weight gain once I’m back