Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 14 May 22, 04:31 PM  
Link to this Post
CumbrianKitten
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by KarenG View Post
Wow that all looks amazing!
I won’t lie….I was pretty good lol 😆
CumbrianKitten is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 22, 04:33 PM  
Link to this Post
CumbrianKitten
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by ClaireNJ View Post
Oh WOW your room looks lovely
As does the ship
I’m thinking I’d definitely have that apple crumble & tiramisù too
As I’m a dessert person
Enjoy it all
I’m sad to say my desert game is not strong! But stuck with me I am a tryer lol 😂
CumbrianKitten is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 22, 10:16 PM  
Link to this Post
jorm35
slightly serious Dibber

Enjoying your report so far, how fab to get the upgrade! (From another Cumbrian &#128075
Old 15 May 22, 11:22 AM  
Link to this Post
4holibobs
VIP Dibber

Enjoying your report so far… thanks for posting. Which MSC ship are on you? Your room looks great! We love cruising and have done a fair few, but have only done MSC from the Med not the Caribbean (we usually go with RC). Have a fab trip!
4holibobs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 22, 12:38 PM  
Link to this Post
CumbrianKitten
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by 4holibobs View Post
Enjoying your report so far… thanks for posting. Which MSC ship are on you? Your room looks great! We love cruising and have done a fair few, but have only done MSC from the Med not the Caribbean (we usually go with RC). Have a fab trip!
Hiya - we were on the MSC Seashore. It’s a beautiful ship I’ll post more pics as we go along. I’ve done the Caribbean with RC and Norwegian too.
Old 15 May 22, 02:37 PM  
Link to this Post
CumbrianKitten
Excited about Disney

April 24th - Cruise Day 2 Sea Day

Before I start this day I will just say that the first couple days we could really feel the ship moving. Something I’ve never experienced before on previous cruises. The weather was windy for those days but the sea seemed fine as in there weren’t any big waves. We were defo rocked to sleep. Neither of us suffer from motion sickness so all was good. We did notice the motion in the pools as you could see the water lapping over the side into the overflow.

Anyhow back to the story. DH had seen in the cruise programme yesterday that the gym was open from 7am and he wanted to go see what it was like. Don’t worry we aren’t that couple who hit the gym every day on their holidays! He basically just wanted to try all the new machines and I can confirm that this was the one and only time we went 😆

This also give us an opportunity to explore more of the ship in that area and take a look at the thermal spa, which we had access too the whole week.

On our way to the gym we found the Venchi chocolate shop and I took a few pictures. As Yacht Club another perk was one of these chicks on your pillow in the evenings. 😋

Was very impressed with these creations made from chocolate

We passed a lovely wine cellar and champagne bar - you can probably see the reason why we never made it back to the gym lol.

The thermal area was lovely but again only managed to use this once but when we went it wasn’t crowded. There was a range of showers and sensory rooms to use as well as a heated pool. It was really nice to relax and chill there.

After the gym we headed back to the room to get sorted for breakfast. We have 3 options in Yacht Club, the restaurant, room service or there is a buffet on the pool deck. You can choose to go to anywhere else on the ship also but we decided to go back to the restaurant. This is where the cruise lost points.

The menu was the same each day

We were seated at a table and there was about 5 other tables occupied at this point. One of the waiters come over to offer us pastries. I took one of the choc ones and had a nibble. It wasn’t warm 😔
So we waited for someone to come take our order. There seemed to be a lot of waiters and not much else going on. Another few tables come in and we’re seated. Still we waited.
Eventually a waiter came and took our order. 1 OJ and 1 cappuccino, eggs Benedict the chefs omelette with a side of mushrooms and hash browns.
The tables around us were getting food with no issues it seemed and still we hadn’t had anything. The waiter come around again with pastries which we declined. We’d been sitting for 20 mins at this point and DH was getting to the point where he was hangry and wanted to leave.
The waiter turned up with 2 glasses of OJ and no coffee, he apologised and said it was on its way and 2 mins later 2 cappuccinos turned up. We didn’t complain because we’d rather get something we hadn’t ordered than nothing at all.

I’m rather annoyed I didn’t get a pic of the eggs Benedict when it arrived. The sauce was thin and watery and stone cold. The omelette was fine but the mushrooms and hash browns turned up 5 mins after everything else

We sacked breakfast off and went to the pool deck where DH had a bowl of cereal and I ordered a mimosa

Got my priorities right!
In all honesty it stopped us going back to the dining room for breakfast but we did try other places which was good.

The rest of the morning and afternoon was spent having another wander and them drinks and pool time before lunch.

We stayed at the pool buffet for lunch where there was always a carved meat option as well as burgers or fish cooked to order. They had bread and salad options. This was my plate
This was beef fillet which was amazing and I tried the Mac and cheese super rich and potato salad. Seems to be a rogue prawn there too. DH has eaten most of his plate when I sat down but it was the beef, mash and gravy and he said it was delish. He still talks about the beef now.
this was a choc opera cake which was lovey too.

Back to general wanderings around the ship (there’s 19 decks) stopping off to try cocktails and a walk through the buffet to try the pizza

If you like thin and crispy then you will enjoy.

The rest of the afternoon was us just lying around sunbathing and having a few more beverages before getting sorted for dinner. We really enjoyed the food last night so went back to the restaurant. Today we found the food a little hit and miss

We had cheese soufflé and the bisque. The soufflé was barely warm but the bisque had good flavour.

For mains we ordered the Angus beef, risotto and monkfish.

We learned that the beef cookery was amazing. Was always tender and cooked as you asked. The fish was disappointing and a bit tasteless. The risotto was very rich but we enjoyed it.

We didn’t fancy a desert but enjoyed watching them make crepes at the table.

We went to see a show and had a cosmo and a whiskey sour

They are always cleaning and tidying the protocols are excellent

When we were turned to the room they had made my PJs look all fancy which made me laugh.

Off to bed and tomorrow is Jamaica.
Old 15 May 22, 02:53 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Some disappointing food today but lots of holiday smiles
Old 15 May 22, 08:28 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

Originally Posted by CumbrianKitten View Post
Before I start this day I will just say that the first couple days we could really feel the ship moving. Something I’ve never experienced before on previous cruises. The weather was windy for those days but the sea seemed fine as in there weren’t any big waves. We were defo rocked to sleep. Neither of us suffer from motion sickness so all was good. We did notice the motion in the pools as you could see the water lapping over the side into the overflow.

Anyhow back to the story. DH had seen in the cruise programme yesterday that the gym was open from 7am and he wanted to go see what it was like. Don’t worry we aren’t that couple who hit the gym every day on their holidays! He basically just wanted to try all the new machines and I can confirm that this was the one and only time we went 😆

This also give us an opportunity to explore more of the ship in that area and take a look at the thermal spa, which we had access too the whole week.

On our way to the gym we found the Venchi chocolate shop and I took a few pictures. As Yacht Club another perk was one of these chicks on your pillow in the evenings. 😋

Was very impressed with these creations made from chocolate

We passed a lovely wine cellar and champagne bar - you can probably see the reason why we never made it back to the gym lol.

The thermal area was lovely but again only managed to use this once but when we went it wasn’t crowded. There was a range of showers and sensory rooms to use as well as a heated pool. It was really nice to relax and chill there.

After the gym we headed back to the room to get sorted for breakfast. We have 3 options in Yacht Club, the restaurant, room service or there is a buffet on the pool deck. You can choose to go to anywhere else on the ship also but we decided to go back to the restaurant. This is where the cruise lost points.

The menu was the same each day

We were seated at a table and there was about 5 other tables occupied at this point. One of the waiters come over to offer us pastries. I took one of the choc ones and had a nibble. It wasn’t warm 😔
So we waited for someone to come take our order. There seemed to be a lot of waiters and not much else going on. Another few tables come in and we’re seated. Still we waited.
Eventually a waiter came and took our order. 1 OJ and 1 cappuccino, eggs Benedict the chefs omelette with a side of mushrooms and hash browns.
The tables around us were getting food with no issues it seemed and still we hadn’t had anything. The waiter come around again with pastries which we declined. We’d been sitting for 20 mins at this point and DH was getting to the point where he was hangry and wanted to leave.
The waiter turned up with 2 glasses of OJ and no coffee, he apologised and said it was on its way and 2 mins later 2 cappuccinos turned up. We didn’t complain because we’d rather get something we hadn’t ordered than nothing at all.

I’m rather annoyed I didn’t get a pic of the eggs Benedict when it arrived. The sauce was thin and watery and stone cold. The omelette was fine but the mushrooms and hash browns turned up 5 mins after everything else

We sacked breakfast off and went to the pool deck where DH had a bowl of cereal and I ordered a mimosa

Got my priorities right!
In all honesty it stopped us going back to the dining room for breakfast but we did try other places which was good.

The rest of the morning and afternoon was spent having another wander and them drinks and pool time before lunch.

We stayed at the pool buffet for lunch where there was always a carved meat option as well as burgers or fish cooked to order. They had bread and salad options. This was my plate
This was beef fillet which was amazing and I tried the Mac and cheese super rich and potato salad. Seems to be a rogue prawn there too. DH has eaten most of his plate when I sat down but it was the beef, mash and gravy and he said it was delish. He still talks about the beef now.
this was a choc opera cake which was lovey too.

Back to general wanderings around the ship (there’s 19 decks) stopping off to try cocktails and a walk through the buffet to try the pizza

If you like thin and crispy then you will enjoy.

The rest of the afternoon was us just lying around sunbathing and having a few more beverages before getting sorted for dinner. We really enjoyed the food last night so went back to the restaurant. Today we found the food a little hit and miss

We had cheese soufflé and the bisque. The soufflé was barely warm but the bisque had good flavour.

For mains we ordered the Angus beef, risotto and monkfish.

We learned that the beef cookery was amazing. Was always tender and cooked as you asked. The fish was disappointing and a bit tasteless. The risotto was very rich but we enjoyed it.

We didn’t fancy a desert but enjoyed watching them make crepes at the table.

We went to see a show and had a cosmo and a whiskey sour

They are always cleaning and tidying the protocols are excellent

When we were turned to the room they had made my PJs look all fancy which made me laugh.

Off to bed and tomorrow is Jamaica.
Lovely day, it must’ve been torture going to the gym seeing all those chocolates & champagne 😳😳mind you I’d just work harder & scoff them on the way out
That Opera cake looked good too
I love your sequin top 💕
All these cruise reports make me want to try one now 🙊🙊

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1266923

ClaireNJ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 22, 08:39 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Lovely day, it must’ve been torture going to the gym seeing all those chocolates & champagne 😳😳mind you I’d just work harder & scoff them on the way out
I love your sequin top 💕
There are loads of places to get great cake Claire all included in the cruise fare Just saying
Old 16 May 22, 10:24 AM  
Link to this Post
CumbrianKitten
Excited about Disney

I love your sequin top 💕
There are more cakes to follow
I'd recommend a cruise its a great way to see different places whilst travelling on an all inclusive resort