Notices

Old 14 Mar 22, 05:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Lola
Imagineer

Lola's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Blackpool Pleasure Beach following suit

Just read that BPB is charging an extra £15 VIP fee to ride their latest attraction on top of their normal entry fees. Wonder where they got the idea from?
“On the Blackpool Pleasure Beach website it states: "ENSŌ will be available on one of ICON’s three trains. There will be an upcharge to ride ENSŌ, with two levels of access – Standard and VIP. Both will only be able to be booked via Blackpool Pleasure Beach’s app on the day of your visit."

Edited at 05:33 PM.
Lola is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Mar 22, 06:20 PM  
Link to this Post

Enso is the retro fitting of two standard seats on the backrow of one of the Icon trains with spinning seats.

There are literally only 2 seats on the whole ride that will accommodate the spinning seats and so the capacity is TINY. I imagine they are charging as a way of controlling demand, because they simply couldn't cope with the numbers if this wasn't chargeable.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Mar 22, 06:35 PM  
Link to this Post
shack69
Imagineer

Charging to control access is the correct solution. If they are adding extra rides or features to a ride then that should be included in the park admission which it says includes rides. I do not agree with charging extra for special elements. Whats next ? When Valaha reopens will they charge extra to have the water on/off , or the lighting or some special screen on the ride.
I get why they charge for express lines (don't agree with it,but get it). but this is totally different they are asking pepole to pay for ride feature which should be accesible to all. In additon they are reducing the capacity of the cars overall , so queue times will be up.
If parks want to charge for access and they should not try to also charge per ride.
Having said that they did use to have the ability to pay per ride on top of your £5 entry ticket, so i guess its just another extension of that.

I'm waiting for the . If you want to ride this ride between 11-3 you have to pay an extra premium . or will we even see the return of pay to sit in the front row of a coaster.
shack69 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Mar 22, 08:22 PM  
Link to this Post
kk20
Imagineer

they alreadyhave 2 tiers of vip, this is even more gouging
kk20 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Mar 22, 07:00 AM  
Link to this Post
themeparksandy
Imagineer

There a £25 charge if u want to skip the queue for Enso or £15 to join the normal queue for it.
I use to always go to Blackpool in March for there WOW weekends when it started out at £10 with it rising to £20 over the years but I’m not paying £39 each now if not all attractions are open.
themeparksandy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List