Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 20 Mar 22, 11:33 AM  
Link to this Post
disneywiseowl
VIP Dibber

disneywiseowl's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Thx for this report. Very useful for us, as we tend to eat at a variety of places. It does seem to be getting more expensive though. I remember one time, when most items in McD’s were one dollar. Lol.
disneywiseowl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 22, 03:01 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Unexpectedpenny View Post
I always enjoy your trip reports so I’m looking forward to following along!
Ahh thank you, so lovely to 'see' you again. I'm loving how buzzing the Dibb is with reports again x

Originally Posted by Loobylou_82 View Post
Good start so far. We like IHOP and always go there at least a couple of times for breakfast during our holiday. Of course not been there post covid so interesting to see if prices have gone up alot.
I'll see if I can have a look at our 2019 report for IHOP and the prices x

Originally Posted by WIGGYSMUM View Post
Kelly thanks for posting your food report , I have missed these so much and it’s great seeing all the costs again !
We are in the Denny’s camp as well but will do at least one IHOP visit .
Can’t wait for the rest x
You're welcome, I think there'll be a few times where I forgot receipts but should get the gist of the costings. Definitely Denny's for us, I really don't think we'll bother with IHOP at all next time sadly x

Originally Posted by Rescuer View Post
Good start.

I can’t decide if I want to go to ihop or Denny’s in the summer, Ds and Dh really like both, maybe that should be my solution to just eat the low carb stuff that they get as I hate eggs ( other than the odd omelette).

Ds and Dh will love your offering from pretzel kitchen.

Would you recommend Applebee’s? Not somewhere we’ve ever been.
Taste wise I would say Denny's. I'm pretty sure in both you could do a build your own breakfast with just the meats or something, they always seem very accommodating.

I would recommend Applebees, it was very tasty, we do visit again and sit in the next time, the foods very reasonably priced and quite tasty. I don't think we would have been if it wasn't attached to the hotel it was just quick and easy to get to when we were tired x

Originally Posted by disneywiseowl View Post
Thx for this report. Very useful for us, as we tend to eat at a variety of places. It does seem to be getting more expensive though. I remember one time, when most items in McD’s were one dollar. Lol.
It is more expensive for definite we found. I don't think McD's even had a dollar menu x
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 22, 03:50 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Day 2 - Wendy's, Chick-Fil-A, Applebee's

Day 2 – Wendy’s, Chick-Fil-A and Applebees

Noah had his breakfast in the room of Frosties as we knew he most likely wouldn’t eat from Wendys. Once everyone was ready we headed across the road to Wendys.

Chris ordered the classic sausage, egg and cheese breakfast combo which included seasoned potatoes and a small sprite - $5.39

Thomas had the classic bacon, egg and cheese breakfast combo (minus the cheese) with seasoned potatoes and orange juice - $5.39

Caitlin had the breakfast baconator combo (no egg, no cheese, no cheese sauce) with apple bites and a sweet tea … so basically a large bacon sandwich - $5.99

I had the breakfast bacon, egg, swiss croissant combo, I had apple bites with mine but Noah had these and a coke which I took to the car as I can’t eat and drink together - $5.59

We also ordered an orange juice for Noah which was $2.39.

We all really enjoyed this breakfast, so much nicer and better than our IHOP one and less than half the price

The total bill came to $26.36.

Lunch

I’d spied a Chick-Fil-A on our way to Wild Florida so decided that’s where we were going to go for lunch instead of at Wild Florida. So when we left we headed there. Caitlin, Thomas and Noah had lunchables, crisps and rice krispie treats for their lunch.

I ordered the Chick-Fil-A Deluxe with no pickles as a meal - $8.29

Chris ordered the Grilled Chicken Club meal - $10.69

We also ordered Caitlin and Thomas a 3 strip meal to share - $7.99

Once seated Chris was looking at the menu and was disappointed he hadn’t seen Smokehouse BBQ Bacon Sandwich meal. Food was very quick and arrived in less than 10 minutes. When we opened them up we realised they had actually given Chris the Smokehouse BBQ Bacon Sandwich meal how strange. I have no idea if this was more expensive or cheaper than the club, but it’s the club that’s on our receipt. We all really enjoyed this meal, the waffle fries were hot and tasty and the chicken was divine, I was devastated I could only managed ½ the burger, so I packaged it up to take with me and eat in the car on the way back

The total for this was $28.99.

Dinner

None of us really wanted to travel far so decided to just head to Applebees for dinner tonight (it’s attached to the hotel). We were seated immediately which I was happy with. Last night when I came for the takeout there was a 30 minute wait for a table!

I ordered water, Chris and Thomas ordered pepsi, Caitlin didn’t feel great so just had the bottle of water she had with her and Noah wanted water too. I had signed up to Applebees the night before and got a voucher for a free appetiser. The server was a little strange, I felt he was very abrupt and just didn’t seem to friendly.

I ordered the Chicken Wonton Tacos - $9.99

Caitlin ordered the 6oz Sirloin Steak - $14.99

Chris ordered the Prime Rib Dip - $14.29

Thomas and Noah shared Fish and Chips - £13.99

Caitlin really enjoyed her steak, she also tried one of my wonton tacos, she liked the chicken and the taco but not the slaw. I ate quite a bit of her mash which was garlic mash and it was amazing! I dreamt of this throughout the holiday but no other mashed potato came near it Chris really enjoyed his prime rib dip, I tried a little too and it was very tasty, he just said there was way too much. Noah did not like the fish at all and also wouldn’t eat the fries, Thomas said the fish was ok but not the best he’d ever had and the chips were nice. I enjoyed my wonton tacos, I managed a full one and about ¼ of Caitlin’s mashed potato and her broccoli too This shows why I shouldn’t order food as it’s just not worth it for me, luckily this was free. Chris tried my tacos too and he really liked them.

The total was $52.44, Chris paid on card and left $10 for a tip so $53.44

Day 2 Total: $108.79
Total So Far: $233.76

Budget: $6.24 under budget
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 22, 04:36 PM  
Link to this Post
BIGDENNIS10UK
Imagineer

Hope you had a great time, Happy to follow this.
BIGDENNIS10UK is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 22, 04:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Planning
Imagineer

What a great day food wise and all reasonably priced 👍
Disney Planning is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 22, 05:14 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsEgg
Apprentice Imagineer

Really enjoying this Kelly thanks for keeping a note of everything, I hope you all had a great holiday.
MrsEgg is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 22, 06:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Glyndsey
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Hi how much food did you take out ? Dh thinks I am mad for wanting to take out my crunchy nut cornflakes !
Glyndsey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 22, 06:16 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by BIGDENNIS10UK View Post
Hope you had a great time, Happy to follow this.
We did thank you x

Originally Posted by Disney Planning View Post
What a great day food wise and all reasonably priced 👍
It really was I'm quite impressed it was under budget, even though it was only slightly x

Originally Posted by MrsEgg View Post
Really enjoying this Kelly thanks for keeping a note of everything, I hope you all had a great holiday.
You're welcome, some days will be sketchy but I should at least have the amounts from our revolut card as we mainly used this to pay x

Originally Posted by Glyndsey View Post
Hi how much food did you take out ? Dh thinks I am mad for wanting to take out my crunchy nut cornflakes !
We didn't really take much out, just snacks for the kids. We took some cereal bars, mini chedders and crisps that we knew Noah would eat as he's so fussy x
Old 20 Mar 22, 06:20 PM  
Link to this Post
richard29
Apprentice Imagineer

I'm enjoying the read and looking forward to reading more. Thank you for sharing.
Old 20 Mar 22, 06:24 PM  
Link to this Post
lfc_sarah
Imagineer

Ohh I can't wait to try a Chick-fil_A! Bonus for Chris getting exactly what he wanted in the end! I love when things like that happen.

Shame about the server. At least the food was (mostly) good.
lfc_sarah is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List