Notices

Old 10 Apr 22, 06:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Your plans all sound great! Lots of fab food choices as usual. We've eaten at Bumblebees. These photos are from 2017 though, so obviously lots could have changed since then.

Nachos, which were delicious, not sure how low carb they would be.

We also had the chicken tacos

And the beef tacos

Both were good. I'm not sure I'd bother if i weren't going to eat the tortilla wraps, but I hope the photos are helpful.

I don't have a photo of the receipt, so can't tell you how much they were. But I do know that while I was getting this for us to share Dave was supposed to be getting us a beer each from Moes except as they couldn't see another adult they only sold him 1 beer so we had to share moral of the story don't let your husband loose when it comes to ordering drinks

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.

Edited at 06:54 PM.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Apr 22, 09:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
Your plans all sound great! Lots of fab food choices as usual. We've eaten at Bumblebees. These photos are from 2017 though, so obviously lots could have changed since then.

Nachos, which were delicious, not sure how low carb they would be.

We also had the chicken tacos

And the beef tacos

Both were good. I'm not sure I'd bother if i weren't going to eat the tortilla wraps, but I hope the photos are helpful.

I don't have a photo of the receipt, so can't tell you how much they were. But I do know that while I was getting this for us to share Dave was supposed to be getting us a beer each from Moes except as they couldn't see another adult they only sold him 1 beer so we had to share moral of the story don't let your husband loose when it comes to ordering drinks
Thanks for the Bumble Bee Taco pictures. I might not bother then. I can buy low carb tortillas from Walmart and I could have it with them but if they are nout really to write home about…

At least Dave orders stuff, the other 2 had me ordering donuts and loads of other stuff I couldn’t even eat.😂 😂
Old 13 Apr 22, 02:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Food in Islands of Adventure

Mythos - we really like it here. Always a good idea to book though as it always seems rammed. They have lots of good choices, Ds and Dh have recently discovered this beauty

Fork, Knife and Spoon Grilled Cheese - $17
a unique presentation of a classic 3 cheese sandwich set in a Tuscan tomato soup with crispy pork belly and garnished with housemade chips

This is also awesome.
Pad Thai - $23
rice noodles, mixed vegetables, chicken and shrimp tossed in a mild sweet and sour peanut sauce

I’m a big fan of this and I think I might see if they can do a lettuce wrap version with veg.
Mythos Signature Lamb Burger* - $18
hand-packed ground lamb, grilled onion, shredded lettuce, fresh tomato, feta-olive aioli, served with French fries

I had this the last time Brick Oven Roasted Chicken - $21
Ras El Hanout spiced half chicken, Dijon roasted fingerling potatoes, garlic rapini, natural jus
I had asparagus rather than potatoes, it was nice but just not that exciting

There’s always a Caesar salad for me though with chicken or shrimp. I do love a Caesar salad, thankfully 😂 and I really fancy the grilled octopus starter.

Confisco Grill - I’m not so sure about but maybe. I swear this place has the best fries ever. Plus the pad Thai here is amazing

These sound great for me though- Lemon Chicken Soy Lettuce Wraps - $12.95
Sautéed lemon soy chicken, bibb lettuce, pickled daikon, radicchio, cellophane noodles, crushed peanuts, scallions, water chestnuts

I do like an air conditioned table service lunch in the July heat.

I don’t think we’ve ever tried the quick service options here other than the bakery which has brilliant cakes by the way and is pretty reasonable for a theme park.

I do love Green eggs and ham though and I’ll be leaving the low carb lifestyle to have some pizza tots which IMO everyone needs to try. ❤️❤️❤️

Places that look like they have interesting low carb choices

Blondies - don’t think I’ve ever even seen a review of here but they do a tuna salad platter ( no bread thanks) and I thought Ds might really like this.
Our Famous Dagwood Sandwich (UD) - $10.69
Fresh baked onion & poppy seed bread piled high with baked ham, turkey, roast beef, American and Swiss cheese, topped with lettuce, tomatoes, mayonnaise and mustard.

Anyone ever been?

Thunder falls
They do a chicken salad that sounds nice.
Rotisserie Chicken Salad (UD) - $12.49
Served with fresh green vegetables and citrus vinaigrette

And the other 2 could share one of the pulled pork and chicken platters.

Again - anyone been?

As you can see there’s not a lot of Qs or snack choices for me which is another reason for us to favour the table service places in the parks.

Any other suggestions?
Old 15 May 22, 01:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
dining reservations

Since we are not doing Disney, finally officially cancelled, I’m way more chilled on this part. We will book some more universal places though in the run up.

Big fire - loved this in February and this seems to be one of those that does fill up in advance. That trout is calling to me!

Toothsome - so we’ve never been but has appeared in every recent vlog we’ve watched so thought we’d give it a try. Booked it for the day we move from Dockside to Cabana Bay.

Steakhouse 71 - only Disney adr. Planning an afternoon at Disney springs and thought this might be a nice end to the night and I do love the Contemporary. Looked at a few places but couldn’t bring myself to splash the cash on a signature.
Old 17 May 22, 03:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Lily8
Very Serious Dibber

Your plans for summer look great!
Another dibber cancelling their Disney plans Though it seems to make perfect sense with your teenager son and your plan for a relaxing 3 week summer holiday. And the extra space at the family suite will no doubt be enjoyed by all.

I've been paying attention (and taking notes ) of your dining plans as we're heading to Universal for Christmas! That trout in Big Fire is calling me - so much so that I'm thinking this could be our Christmas Day meal. What do you think?
We're not massive foodies and we need to watch our spending; I'm looking for nice food and decent atmosphere - doesn't need be traditional or remotely resemble a xmas meal, quite the contrary.
Lily8 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 22, 07:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Originally Posted by Lily8 View Post
Your plans for summer look great!
Another dibber cancelling their Disney plans Though it seems to make perfect sense with your teenager son and your plan for a relaxing 3 week summer holiday. And the extra space at the family suite will no doubt be enjoyed by all.

I've been paying attention (and taking notes ) of your dining plans as we're heading to Universal for Christmas! That trout in Big Fire is calling me - so much so that I'm thinking this could be our Christmas Day meal. What do you think?
We're not massive foodies and we need to watch our spending; I'm looking for nice food and decent atmosphere - doesn't need be traditional or remotely resemble a xmas meal, quite the contrary.
Thanks. I think Bigfire would be a good choice. I’ve seen mixed reviews for it but I loved my food. Planning to eat there at least once again in the summer.
I’d book it for Christmas Day. You could always change your mind. We didn’t eat traditional Christmas food when we did our Christmas trip to Disney. I’d doubt they would put in a special menu with higher prices like some of the resort places might.
Old 18 May 22, 01:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Lily8
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Rescuer View Post
Thanks. I think Bigfire would be a good choice. I’ve seen mixed reviews for it but I loved my food. Planning to eat there at least once again in the summer.
I’d book it for Christmas Day. You could always change your mind. We didn’t eat traditional Christmas food when we did our Christmas trip to Disney. I’d doubt they would put in a special menu with higher prices like some of the resort places might.
Thanks. I think I will book Big Fire for xmas day and a few other table serve for the period running up to xmas day - I imagine it will be very busy.
Lily8 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 22, 07:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Originally Posted by Lily8 View Post
Thanks. I think I will book Big Fire for xmas day and a few other table serve for the period running up to xmas day - I imagine it will be very busy.
Where are you staying? Nice food options at some of the resorts too.
Old 19 May 22, 09:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Lily8
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Rescuer View Post
Where are you staying? Nice food options at some of the resorts too.
We're staying at Aventura for the duration of our trip. We were going to do 4 nights onsite at disney followed by 10 at universal but as we won't have express passes I decided I wanted the first few days at Universal - so we can make the most of early mornings. We're still going to visit disney with a 2/3/4 day ticket, but we'll just Uber over and hope for the best. I suppose it will be more about soaking up the atmosphere than rides as I imagine the parks will be heaving in the week leading up to xmas.
I'm really looking forward to a more relaxed time at Universal, dipping in and out of the parks, a little bit of shopping and just some time off - and hopefully a bit of winter sun.
Old 19 May 22, 09:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
I love Aventura so much, so nice. Their food court is so good and you have so many nice choices in Sapphire Falls as well, just across the road. Great choice.