Notices
UK Holiday Planning & Days Out For UK Holiday planning and experiences

Old 4 Apr 22, 07:43 AM  
Link to this Post
mskitty
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by goofysgirl View Post
Planning a trip next month and hoping to go to a couple of shows. My shortlist so far is

Wicked
Back to the Future
Jersey Boys
Come from Away
To Kill a Mockingbird
Frozen? (For children?)

What would be your choice? Any other recommendations.

I've seen Book of Mormon, Les Mis, Phantom and Kinky Boots.

Also, where is the best place to buy tickets from. Tia.
Out of your list I really didn't enjoy Wicked or Jersey Boys (I know, shoot me now!)

Love love loved Come From Away and got £15 tickets through a special offer on the Today Tix app so that might be worth looking at.

We have box seats for Hamilton for the summer which cost £37.50 each so a bit of a bargain there I think.

Saw Six on tour this week and that was also amazing. Such high energy and really funny.

We also have &Juliet on our list for the summer which gets great reviews. It is a jukebox musical which doesn't usually float my boat but I do fancy this one.
mskitty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Apr 22, 07:44 AM  
Link to this Post
mskitty
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Scaramouche View Post
I never want to see wicked again.

I think everyone should see come from away.
I think we must have been separated at birth 🤣🤣
mskitty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Apr 22, 09:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Mobile

I have to echo the Come From Away love. And it is a short show so you could easily see a matinee and another show in the evening!
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Apr 22, 01:40 PM  
Link to this Post
goofysgirl
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Yes, Wicked is off the list for now. It's quite exciting to just see what's available and see how it plans out, although I might book something for first night. Looking at Grease atm. Excited!
goofysgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Apr 22, 03:51 PM  
Link to this Post
GoldenAvalanche
Imagineer

Originally Posted by goofysgirl View Post
Yes, Wicked is off the list for now. It's quite exciting to just see what's available and see how it plans out, although I might book something for first night. Looking at Grease atm. Excited!
I wouldn't scrub Wicked off the list just because a few people here have said they don't like it, it's one of the world's most popular musicals! Lots of people love it, in fact this thread is the first time I've seen the opposite. I think it is superb, there's a reason I've picked it as my son's first theatre experience!
GoldenAvalanche is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Apr 22, 03:55 PM  
Link to this Post
GoldenAvalanche
Imagineer

(Just to add that I'm not saying anyone's opinion is wrong, it's all super subjective! Just saying I wouldn't cross off the list without knowing more about how your likes compare with everyone else's more generally and maybe look at reviews online for a broader consensus)
GoldenAvalanche is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Apr 22, 05:12 PM  
Link to this Post
goofysgirl
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by GoldenAvalanche View Post
(Just to add that I'm not saying anyone's opinion is wrong, it's all super subjective! Just saying I wouldn't cross off the list without knowing more about how your likes compare with everyone else's more generally and maybe look at reviews online for a broader consensus)
Yeah it's difficult to know. I've read more reviews, but will just see what happens when I'm there. A magical mystery theatre trip!
goofysgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Apr 22, 08:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Slore
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by mskitty View Post
We have box seats for Hamilton for the summer which cost £37.50 each so a bit of a bargain there I think.

We also have &Juliet on our list for the summer which gets great reviews. It is a jukebox musical which doesn't usually float my boat but I do fancy this one.
We’ve got box seats for Hamilton over Easter. It said restrictive viewing but I’m curious to know as the pics on seatplan are good. Which box do you have?

I’ve seen &Juliet twice and I’d jump at the chance at seeing again. It really is a great show. I’m not a fan of Shaftesbury Theatre though, one of the most uncomfortable I’ve been in.
Slore is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Apr 22, 09:15 PM  
Link to this Post
mskitty
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Slore View Post
We’ve got box seats for Hamilton over Easter. It said restrictive viewing but I’m curious to know as the pics on seatplan are good. Which box do you have?

I’ve seen &Juliet twice and I’d jump at the chance at seeing again. It really is a great show. I’m not a fan of Shaftesbury Theatre though, one of the most uncomfortable I’ve been in.
We're in the Grand Circle box D I think. There are so many good reviews for them. Apparently it feels like you are sat on the stage and there are only small parts at extreme stage right and left that you can't see.
Old 5 Apr 22, 10:08 AM  
Link to this Post
GoldenAvalanche
Imagineer

I'm not sure if you have kids with you, but if not 2:22 is worth the watch!